Since BlackBerry isn't going to market, neither am I. When people notice my passport, I show them the few typical things, like we all do, and then tell them they can't have it.

In NYC, sometimes telling people they can't have something is better than telling them exactly where to find it.
    06-05-15 06:14 PM
    Oh, you are using the reverse psychology marketing strategy. Make them want it by telling them they cannot have one. How devious.
    06-05-15 06:45 PM
    Me likey your thinking!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 06:50 PM
    im from nyc as well when i see people staring at my phone too long i just dont give them the satisfaction they see the blackberry logo and the pkb and then in my pocket it goes
    06-05-15 07:21 PM
    Lol all about getting the attention of the people.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:40 PM
    <Insert evil laugh>
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-05-15 08:04 PM
    im from nyc as well when i see people staring at my phone too long i just dont give them the satisfaction they see the blackberry logo and the pkb and then in my pocket it goes
    Exactly!
    06-05-15 08:09 PM
    I say it's a BlackBerry from 2006, most just respond "Oh, cool."
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    06-05-15 09:12 PM
    They dunno this beast was released in 2014

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:51 PM
    Best phone ever, everybody wants one, they just don't know it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:22 PM
    I told someone it was a "restricted sale" item.

When he asked what that meant, I told him it was only approved for sale to certain individuals. I really was dying of laughter deep down.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:36 PM
    Two comments I've gotten so far have been can you call or text with that?!?!

Moto X 2014 / Passport
    06-05-15 11:32 PM
    I once said: actually this is one of the first blackberry phones ever; in the early days technology was big.
    06-06-15 02:35 AM
    lol, very smart
    06-06-15 02:43 AM
    Well no one was actually serious about interest in the phone, just casual curiosity. Or maybe bring back memories like a relative who passed away, "oh I used to have a BlackBerry (sad face), I loved my BlackBerry "

When I carry my classic, there's nothing like that, just "you're STILL using a BlackBerry? " my response when I carry my classic aren't as cool as when I carry my passport, "I'm not STILL using a BlackBerry, I switched back to a BlackBerry because it's the best phone."

So on the NYC streets the passport, as you'd expect, sparks the more interesting conversations.
    06-06-15 07:09 AM
    I have done a similar thing...there is a person that just HAS to have THE "insert object type here" that is more chic than everyone elses that I work with. This person asked about my phone and I responded with not sure that the person would qualify for the phone. They asked what I meant by that, and I said "Well you have to justify to the "carrier" as someone that needs to get a lot accomplished in a day with little to no down time. You have to qualify as a person that is on the move up in the world. You know a "mover and shaker in business". It is a pretty lengthy process...but you have an iPhone like everybody else....so I mean that is good too...."

LOL

The face they made when I made that last statement was CLASSIC...like the "special veil" of the iPhone had been ripped away forever....I think I actually heard the persons soul die a little.

If you listen closely you can hear Satan punching my ticket on the train to hell...LOL!!!

06-06-15 11:06 AM
    I told someone it was a "restricted sale" item.

When he asked what that meant, I told him it was only approved for sale to certain individuals. I really was dying of laughter deep down.

Posted via CB10
    This is funny!!!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-06-15 11:10 AM
    I have done a similar thing...there is a person that just HAS to have THE "insert object type here" that is more chic than everyone elses that I work with. This person asked about my phone and I responded with not sure that the person would qualify for the phone. They asked what I meant by that, and I said "Well you have to justify to the "carrier" as someone that needs to get a lot accomplished in a day with little to no down time. You have to qualify as a person that is on the move up in the world. You know a "mover and shaker in business". It is a pretty lengthy process...but you have an iPhone like everybody else....so I mean that is good too...."

LOL

The face they made when I made that last statement was CLASSIC...like the "special veil" of the iPhone had been ripped away forever....I think I actually heard the persons soul die a little.

If you listen closely you can hear Satan punching my ticket on the train to hell...LOL!!!

Damn, that is really good!

Posted via CB10
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    06-06-15 12:43 PM
    When I carry my classic, there's nothing like that, just "you're STILL using a BlackBerry? " my response when I carry my classic aren't as cool as when I carry my passport, "I'm not STILL using a BlackBerry, I switched back to a BlackBerry because it's the best phone."
    I also have a Classic and I literally just had two of those "you're STILL using a BlackBerry" remarks yesterday haha

By the way from two people who used to have 9700s back in the day, but have moved on to iPhones since.
    06-06-15 01:11 PM
    Say it's from 2016 instead. :mindblown:

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 04:15 PM
    So, you guys lie about your phone, basically. If they care enough to take the time and Google your phone and find out anyone can just buy one unlocked from Amazon, I'm sure they have themselves a nice chuckle.
    06-06-15 09:24 PM
    Say it's from 2016 instead. :mindblown:

Posted via CB10
    I spit a little coffee through my nose when I read this.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    06-06-15 09:39 PM

LOL

Loved this one. Superb reply you gave him. I need to memorise this one for sure

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    06-06-15 09:44 PM
    I like your thinking, OP.

Posted via CB10 on my RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-06-15 09:52 PM
    This reverse psychology would actually be a great marketing theme for Blackberry - it would create an exclusivity/coolness factor...that is, if only they marketed!
    06-06-15 09:53 PM
61 123