Does anyone know the types of terms and rates charged by Digital River?

Why do so many manufacturers seem to go with them? They have to be one of the worst online retail operations, especially in this day and age when even small eBay 'shops' are more responsive, honest and/or reasonable.

Do these companies not realize that the purchase and fulfillment experience is a huge part of a customer's initial satisfaction rating?

BlackBerry is probably scratching their head at why those 'limited quantity' coupons last for days,.. no one in their right mind wants to order from ShopBlackerry.com !!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:41 AM
    Read many posts like this about Shopblackberry.

BBRY really need to nip this in the bud, if they want to direct sell their products.

I've come close to ordering from Shopblackberry a few times, but hesitated, even while having some awesome discount codes.

Still planning a replacement  for my Z10, but don't know if I'm going to take advantage of a discount code on Shopblackberry or maybe wait for a sale on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:43 AM
    My only comment is that you do not want to /cant send it back for a replacement because it's your only phone , they said ok, order a new one and send back the other for a refund when new one arrives and you also do not want to do this, but in same sentence you say they are not trying to help?

I am curious what you would like/expect them to do?

Regardless if the device is defective or used they seem to be being fairly helpful?

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    A company with good service would send out the replacement phone and packaging for the return phone. When you receive the replacement, you put the old phone in the provided packaging and ship it back (prepaid shipping label already on packaging).
    The customer isn't inconvenienced and left without a phone because of DR'S mistake.

You guys have shopped on the Internet before right ?

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    04-14-15 07:49 AM
    You are 100% correct in that you should expect a new device when you purchase a new device. But you are expecting shop blackberry to send you a replacement device free of charge on the hopes that you will be honest and return the used phone. It is not unreasonable to expect that you pay for the second device and return for refund the used device. Also you have stated that you do not want to shop from them anyway. So buy your new device from amazon and ship the used device back to shop blackberry. problem solved.
    I was excited to get the new phone and they have spoiled it. In fact I drove around 10 miles to collect the parcel from FedEx directly. Just a waste of time. Let them send me a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:23 AM
    They offered you a replacement,what is the problem. Ship the phone back buy from Amazon, Prime members have benefits.
    04-14-15 08:59 AM
    I was excited to get the new phone and they have spoiled it. In fact I drove around 10 miles to collect the parcel from FedEx directly. Just a waste of time. Let them send me a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    To expect them to send you a new phone, free of charge, trusting you will send back the one you have is totally unreasonable on your part.

You're either going to need to send what you have back FIRST or buy another then send back for credit.

Every company has this policy and I can not figure out why you think this wouldn't apply to you.

They are under no obligation to trust you'd send back the damaged one without some assurance you will. That's means returning before receiving or buying before crediting.

Why is this logical concept such a hard thing to comprehend?
    cbvinh, habs_fan and Arabianhorse like this.
    04-14-15 09:01 AM
    I purchased items from Crackberry Canada had to return the old item first before a refund,BlackBerry is doing what every other company does.
    moody likes this.
    04-14-15 09:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I still don't understand why your upset with BlackBerry. They have offered you a replacement and you said NO. What more can they do. Like I said in my original post to you. I don't know of any company that is going to send you a replacement phone on the hope that you will return the other one. Not sure why you can't see that.
    04-14-15 09:20 AM
    My only comment is that you do not want to /cant send it back for a replacement because it's your only phone , they said ok, order a new one and send back the other for a refund when new one arrives and you also do not want to do this, but in same sentence you say they are not trying to help?

I am curious what you would like/expect them to do?

Regardless if the device is defective or used they seem to be being fairly helpful?

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    He should not have to ORDER a new one. They should send him another as an exchange - although that type of exchange usually means charging for the second unit until they receive the first one back (I know there's a fancy name for such an exchange and I've done it with a few products when it was a warranty or other issue). They should send the new unit in a box which can be returned to them and include the handling/shipping label.
    shupor likes this.
    04-14-15 09:26 AM

Selling a used product as new is illegal and they are suppose to rectify their mistake by doing what I ask them to do.
    It is unfortunate this happened to you, but Wow! Really? "...they are supposed to rectify their mistake by DOING WHAT I ASK THEM TO DO"? This may be a rude awakening, but that is not how it works in the US. They seem to want to help you, but you want to have your pie and eat it too. Just return the dawn thing and get a replacement or buy something else. This is funny!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:27 AM
    I just ordered a red... so paranoid now.

Dear BlackBerry shop.. pls don screw up my order..

Posted via CB10
    It's on back-order, they'll send yours when they receive his ;-)

Seriously, wish you good luck. They messed up my shipment by sticking my fed ex label on someone else's box that they did in their own warehouse... DR can't seem to get anything right or correct...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    moody and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    04-14-15 11:13 AM
    I've seen this before..

A buyer says he got an open box/used device, then decides not to return it and complains about the performance of the device, picking the very things the device is known for. In fact this very same scenario was reported on Amazon a month ago.

Something doesn't smell right......
    habs_fan, Akainzo and Kimberella like this.
    04-14-15 11:18 AM
    The OP wanted $100 off, which is why he didn't order from Amazon originally.

Digital River offered him a refund upon receiving the Passport back, but that's unacceptable to him because the Passport is his only phone at the moment.

Digital River offered to exchange the phone, by way of him ordering a new Passport, and then returning the current one. This is unacceptable to him because he doesn't want another one from Digital River.

Solution: OP orders one from Amazon, waits until it arrives, and then returns the current one to Digital River, for a full refund. Problem solved.
    04-14-15 11:23 AM
    The OP wanted $100 off, which is why he didn't order from Amazon originally.

Digital River offered him a refund upon receiving the Passport back, but that's unacceptable to him because the Passport is his only phone at the moment.

Digital River offered to exchange the phone, by way of him ordering a new Passport, and then returning the current one. This is unacceptable to him because he doesn't want another one from Digital River.

Solution: OP orders one from Amazon, waits until it arrives, and then returns the current one to Digital River, for a full refund. Problem solved.
    Then OP lost the $100 discount.

If Digital River's discount comes with AS IS condition, then your solution makes sense, otherwise, DR should provide a refund + $100 extra to compensate OP for the value originally promised.

Digital River is a company should be punished for its business practice. And someone in BlackBerry should also take responsibility for the decision to select DR as one of their online distributors.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-14-15 11:36 AM
    Do you guys even understand that you are unknowingly supporting digital river to continue sending used devices as new? If I send this back, I am sure that its gonna end up with someone else. I got angry only because this is not the first time digital river is doing this to a customer. Unfortunately I read through the forums after I got the phone in my hand. Had it been amazon, I wouldn't even have complained about it here as I trust them and would have sent the device back.

You can consider something as a mistake only if they do it unknowingly. But digital river has done this to many customers and I am sure that they would have got 'n' number of calls about receiving a used item. Some might have returned it and got the money back and some might have fought against them.

If I send this back, it simply means that I am giving up and encouraging them to continue sending used items as new.

Selling a used product as new is illegal and they are suppose to rectify their mistake by doing what I ask them to do
    I would like to explain what I have asked them to do. I told them, send me a new phone and I will use this phone till I get the new one. Since they have my card already, I asked them to charge it if they don't get the item back. There is also a reason why I dint want to send this back. I gave my Z30 to a friend of mine who's phone broke recently and I won't be having anything to use if I give this back. If it was for Amazon, I am sure they wouldn't have bothered to do it.

I am a man of my words and I have better reputation than digital river in all means.

Please understand this is not just about money but its about a brand I love BLACKBERRY. I DON'T WANT DIGITAL RIVER TO SPOIL BLACKBERRY'S REPUTATION BY PROVIDING A PATHETIC SERVICE. The moment I got the phone, I wasn't angry at digital river but with Blackberry as I dint know that the fulfillment is taken care by digital river. I came to know about digital river only after receiving the phone. In fact I thought I should change the ecosystem as I felt letdown by BlackBerry. Its not blackberry's fault but digital river's. They should learn the lesson.

For those who are with me in this, thanks for your support.
    Just wanted to let you know that Discover had raised a dispute against the transaction and credited the amount back to my account. Lets see what happens.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-14-15 11:53 AM
    Then OP lost the $100 discount.

If Digital River's discount comes with AS IS condition, then your solution makes sense, otherwise, DR should provide a refund + $100 extra to compensate OP for the value originally promised.

Digital River is a company should be punished for its business practice. And someone in BlackBerry should also take responsibility for the decision to select DR as one of their online distributors.
    OP isn't entitled to a $100 discount. He said the hassles of dealing with Digital River aren't worth it, now that he knows better.

Nothing so far says the device isn't new. Scuffed boxes are common. We don't know the reason for the reseals. The photos look like the device hasn't been touched, with protective plastics in place. Boot time doesn't prove anything. Initial battery issues don't prove that the device was used.

I agree that if a device is purchased from Digital River, unless indicated clearly, it should be new. So far, I don't see evidence that it wasn't. As far was options Digital River has given him, they all seem fair: 1. He can get a full refund. 2. He can get it exchanged. The reasons he can't do either are due to his own situation.
    04-14-15 11:56 AM
    I've seen this before..

A buyer says he got an open box/used device, then decides not to return it and complains about the performance of the device, picking the very things the device is known for. In fact this very same scenario was reported on Amazon a month ago.

Something doesn't smell right......
    I am not so poor that I can't afford a 500$ phone my friend. Did you see the pics which I have posted? Since you don't believe me, let me give you some more evidence to support it.

One of them shows the call I had with Shopblackberry for 45 mins and then with discover for 5 mins. I couldn't raise a dispute that day with discover as the transaction was still in pending status. The second one shows that I drove to FedEx to get the courier as I wasn't home when they tried to deliver me.

If there is any other way you want me to prove it, let me know.

I ordered a new BlackBerry Passport... guess what I got... a used one-tmobile.pngI ordered a new BlackBerry Passport... guess what I got... a used one-fedex.png
    04-14-15 12:19 PM
    It's not being unreasonable if they wanted him to send that phone back before receiving another. The reasonable thing would have been for them to send him a new phone and then return the used one. Who asks a business professional, or any customer, to go without their phone to fix the companies mistake? How does that make any sense?
    Elango87 likes this.
    04-14-15 12:19 PM
    Do you guys even understand that you are unknowingly supporting digital river to continue sending used devices as new? If I send this back, I am sure that its gonna end up with someone else. I got angry only because this is not the first time digital river is doing this to a customer. Unfortunately I read through the forums after I got the phone in my hand. Had it been amazon, I wouldn't even have complained about it here as I trust them and would have sent the device back.

You can consider something as a mistake only if they do it unknowingly. But digital river has done this to many customers and I am sure that they would have got 'n' number of calls about receiving a used item. Some might have returned it and got the money back and some might have fought against them.

If I send this back, it simply means that I am giving up and encouraging them to continue sending used items as new.

I would like to explain what I have asked them to do. I told them, send me a new phone and I will use this phone till I get the new one. Since they have my card already, I asked them to charge it if they don't get the item back. There is also a reason why I dint want to send this back. I gave my Z30 to a friend of mine who's phone broke recently and I won't be having anything to use if I give this back. If it was for Amazon, I am sure they wouldn't have bothered to do it.

I am a man of my words and I have better reputation than digital river in all means.

Please understand this is not just about money but its about a brand I love BLACKBERRY. I DON'T WANT DIGITAL RIVER TO SPOIL BLACKBERRY'S REPUTATION BY PROVIDING A PATHETIC SERVICE. The moment I got the phone, I wasn't angry at digital river but with Blackberry as I dint know that the fulfillment is taken care by digital river. I came to know about digital river only after receiving the phone. In fact I thought I should change the ecosystem as I felt letdown by BlackBerry. Its not blackberry's fault but digital river's. They should learn the lesson.

For those who are with me in this, thanks for your support.
    Just wanted to let you know that Discover had raised a dispute against the transaction and credited the amount back to my account. Lets see what happens.
    It's clear now that OP wants the Passport for free! He won't be sending the Passport back to Digital River because he wants to "protect" BlackBerry's reputation, even though he acknowledges that it's actually Digital River, *and* he's already gotten a refund from Discover.

"I am a man of my words and I have better reputation than digital river in all means." Prove it, sir.
    habs_fan and Kimberella like this.
    04-14-15 12:22 PM
    You know I have to agree with op in one area. When my mother in laws phone was sent with dings and scratches they (tmobile) sent a new phone with a return label. We put the old phone in the box minus the battery and sent it back. Seems like standard procedure. Maybe it being a non removable battery is the reason they won't send a replacement??? And for a limited edition red one I kinda can't blame them.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-14-15 12:25 PM
    It's not being unreasonable if they wanted him to send that phone back before receiving another. The reasonable thing would have been for them to send him a new phone and then return the used one. Who asks a business professional, or any customer, to go without their phone to fix the companies mistake? How does that make any sense?
    He could authorize them to charge his credit card for the full amount of a new phone should he not return the old one, which is the same as ordering a new one and returning the old one, other than semantics.
    04-14-15 12:28 PM
    It's clear now that OP wants the Passport for free!
    I don't see it.

04-14-15 12:30 PM
    You know I have to agree with op in one area. When my mother in laws phone was sent with dings and scratches they (tmobile) sent a new phone with a return label. We put the old phone in the box minus the battery and sent it back. Seems like standard procedure. Maybe it being a non removable battery is the reason they won't send a replacement??? And for a limited edition red one I kinda can't blame them.
    I've been through this with T-Mobile USA. You have to authorize them to charge you in full, for a new phone, should you not return the old one. It's an agreement you sign with them.
    04-14-15 12:32 PM
    I don't see it.
    OP got his refund from Discover. He said he won't return the Passport because he's "protecting" other people from the same hassles. He says Digital River needs to be punished.

OP, now that you have your refund, are you going to return the Passport to Digital River after you've bought another one from somewhere else? Or are you going to disappear?
    04-14-15 12:34 PM
    OP got his refund from Discover. He said he won't return the Passport because he's "protecting" other people from the same hassles. He says Digital River needs to be punished.

OP, now that you have your refund, are you going to return the Passport to Digital River after you've bought another one from somewhere else? Or are you going to disappear?
    I don't see where he mentioned he got the refund.

04-14-15 12:37 PM
185 12345 ...