The boot date showed January when I checked it for the first time. What about that. Also it had smudges which appears as if as a case was used and removed later. The screen protectors weren't like the ones you see in new phone. I am quite convinced that somebody has used it for a while.

Posted via CB10
    That don't matter. They handle the phone after it was built for some reason. Yes they touched the device for some reason but it's not used. My box had the double tape my box was marked up but it was a white device day of release I ordered. How could I say it was used? It could not have been. You got a new device.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 11:41 AM
    Ohh... Do you have the serial number or something with you? What's the problem with the device?

Do you want a full box photo or something?

Posted via CB10
    Well I taped up the box the device came with and returned it. I didn't bother getting the serial or pin number.

There was nothing wrong with the device. I had a change of heart. Stayed with the Z30.
    04-15-15 11:42 AM
    It's not normal for a company to open a box to update software. It's also useless as the user can do this without issue.
    It's probably not normal for companies with inventory selling at a rapid pace, but might be for companies with old inventory piling up. Regardless, people have complained that first impressions should be from the latest and something like this does address that. A big complaint with the PlayBook was that it came with 1.0.x and the first thing users *had* to do was upgrade it, which required wi-fi and a long wait for the upgrade. People couldn't just turn it on and play with it. My first PlayBook had this problem. My second PlayBook had broken seals and upgraded OS.

As for users upgrading without issue... there are lots of threads about upgrade issues... and not being able to get them...
    04-15-15 12:04 PM
    I totally agree. and the guy might not able to afford to order a second one. Has anyone thought about it ?
    He had a Z30 that he gave to his friend. He ordered a Passport to replace it. What makes you think he's too poor to put another charge on his credit card?
    04-15-15 12:11 PM
    I disagree. They screwed up and they should be willing to compromise if it means sending him a replacement device in good faith till he returns the old one.

Businesses that care about their customer's do this all the time, it is nothing new. It have experienced it quite often with Amazon and it's never been an issue to get a replacement or even in one extreme case, a refund before they received the defective item.

They have his/her credit card info and can charge him if he defects on sending the replacement.
    You also have an ongoing relationship with Amazon. There is probably fine print when you signed up that you agree to their policies, which does say that if you don't return the original item in 30 days, you will be charged for both items.

Digital River would need authorization from the OP to charge his credit card again should he not return the original. Again, he could place a new order, wait for it to arrive, then return the old one. He's saying that's unacceptable and has eluded to keeping the original so that it won't be recirculated again, to "protect" the next person that might receive his returned unit and to "protect" BlackBerry's reputation. Read the full thread. Does it sound suspicious to you?
    04-15-15 12:26 PM
    Actually ALL reputable companies do. It's not a new phenomenom
    They'll also want a new agreement to charge your credit card should you not return the original.

Also, if you read the full thread, at one point, OP didn't want a replacement from Digital River. OP is all over the place with this.
    04-15-15 12:29 PM
    It's probably not normal for companies with inventory selling at a rapid pace, but might be for companies with old inventory piling up. Regardless, people have complained that first impressions should be from the latest and something like this does address that. A big complaint with the PlayBook was that it came with 1.0.x and the first thing users *had* to do was upgrade it, which required wi-fi and a long wait for the upgrade. People couldn't just turn it on and play with it. My first PlayBook had this problem. My second PlayBook had broken seals and upgraded OS.

As for users upgrading without issue... there are lots of threads about upgrade issues... and not being able to get them...
    understandable. I have to add to this, though, that if this is the route taken, then the boxes and seals should be replaced. It shouldn't come to you as new and look like a shoddy ebay purchase. New boxes and seals should be given in this scenario.
    04-15-15 12:33 PM
    Hope none of these are used!

I ordered a new BlackBerry Passport... guess what I got... a used one-img_20150415_004548_hdr.jpg

I ordered a new BlackBerry Passport... guess what I got... a used one-img_20150414_151623.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:37 PM
    A company with good service would send out the replacement phone and packaging for the return phone. When you receive the replacement, you put the old phone in the provided packaging and ship it back (prepaid shipping label already on packaging).
    The customer isn't inconvenienced and left without a phone because of DR'S mistake.

You guys have shopped on the Internet before right ?

Posted via CB10
    Actually my point was that he stated they were NOT trying to help and they offered 2 options *shrugs*

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    04-15-15 12:44 PM
    You also have an ongoing relationship with Amazon. There is probably fine print when you signed up that you agree to their policies, which does say that if you don't return the original item in 30 days, you will be charged for both items.

Digital River would need authorization from the OP to charge his credit card again should he not return the original. Again, he could place a new order, wait for it to arrive, then return the old one. He's saying that's unacceptable and has eluded to keeping the original so that it won't be recirculated again, to "protect" the next person that might receive his returned unit and to "protect" BlackBerry's reputation. Read the full thread. Does it sound suspicious to you?
    You got me wrong. I didn't want to go with digital river's order system as I might end up with another used phone (i.e) another headache. The only reason I asked them to send a new phone before getting the one I have is because I dont have a phone to use during the time I send the device back and the time I receive the new one. I told DR very clearly on my first call that they can charge me if they don't get their device back. If they needed a consent from me, they could have asked for it.

And the thing about "Protecting". I asked you guys for a suggestion to stop DR's misdoings altogether. Why are you not getting my point?
    Am I the only person complained about DR's service? There have been plenty of instances which shows DR's incompetency in order fulfillment, sending used products etc. Did anyone do anything apart from simply doing what DR wants us to do?
    If I send this one back and get another one, will it help blackberry or the community by any means? Do you guys feel good when BlackBerry's reputation is getting spoiled because of DR's in-capabilities?

You won't understand what I am going thru until you are in my shoes. Please stop supporting DR and their stupidity. They don't even understand 'C' in 'Customer Service'.

For others who are in support of me,

I got a call today from 'Blackberry's Customer Loyalty Service' and they have promised me to send a new device ensuring that the device is actually new from their Canada warehouse. They have also asked me to send the device back to the Canada address instead of sending it to DR. I spoke with them about the problems faced by Shopblackberry website and they have promised to look in to it. I hope they do so.

I have also sent them the pics and the link to this particular thread. I hope they will check it out and understand how we really feel about the ShopBlackBerry experience.

Thanks for being supportive folks. I will definitely update you guys on the progress.
    04-15-15 12:45 PM

If they have updated it to the latest version opening the original seal, they can at least leave a note in the box that it was opened and updated. Not just simply open, update, repack, put a new sticker and hope that the customer would be happy with it.
    04-15-15 01:04 PM
    You got me wrong. I didn't want to go with digital river's order system as I might end up with another used phone (i.e) another headache. The only reason I asked them to send a new phone before getting the one I have is because I dont have a phone to use during the time I send the device back and the time I receive the new one. I told DR very clearly on my first call that they can charge me if they don't get their device back. If they needed a consent from me, they could have asked for it.

And the thing about "Protecting". I asked you guys for a suggestion to stop DR's misdoings altogether. Why are you not getting my point?
    Am I the only person complained about DR's service? There have been plenty of instances which shows DR's incompetency in order fulfillment, sending used products etc. Did anyone do anything apart from simply doing what DR wants us to do?
    If I send this one back and get another one, will it help blackberry or the community by any means? Do you guys feel good when BlackBerry's reputation is getting spoiled because of DR's in-capabilities?

You won't understand what I am going thru until you are in my shoes. Please stop supporting DR and their stupidity. They don't even understand 'C' in 'Customer Service'.

For others who are in support of me,

I got a call today from 'Blackberry's Customer Loyalty Service' and they have promised me to send a new device ensuring that the device is actually new from their Canada warehouse. They have also asked me to send the device back to the Canada address instead of sending it to DR. I spoke with them about the problems faced by Shopblackberry website and they have promised to look in to it. I hope they do so.

I have also sent them the pics and the link to this particular thread. I hope they will check it out and understand how we really feel about the ShopBlackBerry experience.

Thanks for being supportive folks. I will definitely update you guys on the progress.
    Awesome Elango !!

Posted via CB10
    Elango87 likes this.
    04-15-15 01:12 PM
    If they have updated it to the latest version opening the original seal, they can at least leave a note in the box that it was opened and updated. Not just simply open, update, repack, put a new sticker and hope that the customer would be happy with it.
    They did. The BlackBerry seal attest that the device is brand new and never had been used. Furthermore, they left all the plastic protector. What else do you want? To see the device come out of the assembly line with your own eye?

Do you understand that is seal is an attestation that it's new?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:17 PM
    They did. The BlackBerry seal attest that the device is brand new and never had been used. Furthermore, they left all the plastic protector. What else do you want? To see the device come out of the assembly line with your own eye?

Do you understand that is seal is an attestation that it's new?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry seal? What is that? A piece of sticky tape on top of the original tape which is cut open? Seriously?
    Did you see that the pics which shows the screen protectors having smudges in them? Did they open the box, updated the OS, used it for few days to check if its fine and then keep it back? Can you explain how the 'FACTORY' screen protectors got lint in first place?

I 'PAID' for a new phone and the contents that came along with it. The box, the seal, the instruction manual and whatever comes along with the phone. I dint pay for a box which is beat up, double sealed, a questionable phone etc.

I am not going to answer to the troll posts anymore.

BlackBerry's customer loyalty team had personally shipped me a new phone today and its on the way. I will be returning this one once I get the new one.
    04-15-15 02:52 PM
    Used is the new 'New'. Live it up!
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure this thread has been well discussed in the last 138 posts, but if it is not cosmetically damaged and works properly, what is the issue?
    The difference between buying a barely-used device from me off of Ebay and a barely-used device from Digital River is that the one from Digital River is backed up with a complete factory warranty. You shouldn't get any type of discount due to someone opening the box and deciding it is not for them. Unless you are a museum looking for an unopened Passport box to store for posterity.
    04-15-15 02:52 PM
    That don't matter. They handle the phone after it was built for some reason. Yes they touched the device for some reason but it's not used. My box had the double tape my box was marked up but it was a white device day of release I ordered. How could I say it was used? It could not have been. You got a new device.

Posted via CB10
    Hate to break it to you but you got a used device. I call a handled and touched device in a marked up double taped box used. Why would you not?
    04-15-15 03:03 PM
    Hate to break it to you but you got a used device. I call a handled and touched device in a marked up double taped box used. Why would you not?
    I don't think you know the actual definition of used. Please educated yourself.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...n-english/used

And I quote: "already owned or put to a purpose by someone else; not new".

A box with a double factory seal and some dust and lint do no constitute a used device. The device has no scratches, no dings, no software/files/information left over from a previous user. As such there is absolutely no evidence the device is used, period; regardless of your opinion. Fact is fact, opinions are opinions; and your opinions do not change the facts.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:16 PM
    Placing a new order or filling out a consent form would have resulted in the same: Digital River would send you another device and in both cases, you didn't want that - "I didn't want to go with digital river's order system as I might end up with another used phone (i.e) another headache." I already accounted for your lack of device, thus suggesting that you *wait* for the new order before *returning* the old one.

So exactly what did you achieve other than creating a new thread? Do you think you have changed Digital River?

You won't understand what I am going thru until you are in my shoes.
    Really? Are you saying that /you/ are incapable of having sympathy for other people going through a rough situation unless you've experienced the same?

Please stop supporting DR and their stupidity. They don't even understand 'C' in 'Customer Service'.
    They've given you perfectly reasonable alternatives. My feeling is that the $100 discount is driving your motivations; otherwise, why hassle with Digital River and go through all this trouble when you can easily refund and purchase from Amazon? or B&H Photo?

Good for you. Like you've noticed, other people have complained... and they *did* bring it to BlackBerry's attention. Read some of the long threads before thinking that everyone has kept quiet and blindly followed whatever Digital River asks for. Again, they've given you reasonable solutions, a far cry from what some people have experienced with Digital River in the past.
    04-15-15 05:21 PM
    Placing a new order or filling out a consent form would have resulted in the same: Digital River would send you another device and in both cases, you didn't want that - "I didn't want to go with digital river's order system as I might end up with another used phone (i.e) another headache." I already accounted for your lack of device, thus suggesting that you *wait* for the new order before *returning* the old one.

So exactly what did you achieve other than creating a new thread? Do you think you have changed Digital River?

Really? Are you saying that /you/ are incapable of having sympathy for other people going through a rough situation unless you've experienced the same?

They've given you perfectly reasonable alternatives. My feeling is that the $100 discount is driving your motivations; otherwise, why hassle with Digital River and go through all this trouble when you can easily refund and purchase from Amazon? or B&H Photo?

Good for you. Like you've noticed, other people have complained... and they *did* bring it to BlackBerry's attention. Read some of the long threads before thinking that everyone has kept quiet and blindly followed whatever Digital River asks for. Again, they've given you reasonable solutions, a far cry from what some people have experienced with Digital River in the past.
    Keep trolling. I don't care what you think.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 05:42 PM
    Used is the new 'New'. Live it up!
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure this thread has been well discussed in the last 138 posts, but if it is not cosmetically damaged and works properly, what is the issue?
    The difference between buying a barely-used device from me off of Ebay and a barely-used device from Digital River is that the one from Digital River is backed up with a complete factory warranty. You shouldn't get any type of discount due to someone opening the box and deciding it is not for them. Unless you are a museum looking for an unopened Passport box to store for posterity.
    I dint pay for a barely used device. I paid for a new one. If I was planning to buy a barely used device, I could have got it used from someone.
    04-15-15 05:47 PM
    Keep trolling. I don't care what you think.
    Why did you even bother to respond when you've already said you won't answer any further "troll comments"? Oh yeah, it's not a troll.

You got what you wanted, a Passport for $100 off, direct from BlackBerry.

You didn't have to agree to a credit card charge if you didn't return the old unit, right? I'd be curious if BlackBerry did this.
    04-15-15 05:51 PM
    You know where I m confused.. OP received a questionable device that he raised a dispute for.. yet he gave his phone to his friend.. and then complains about not having a phone n it being just DR's mistake. DR is at fault for sending questionable phone, OP is at fault for not having a device, not returning and wanting to use this one as a loaner.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:23 PM
    You know where I m confused.. OP received a questionable device that he raised a dispute for.. yet he gave his phone to his friend.. and then complains about not having a phone n it being just DR's mistake. DR is at fault for sending questionable phone, OP is at fault for not having a device, not returning and wanting to use this one as a loaner.
    That's very true. He could have seen the scuffed box and re-seals and returned it immediately. But if he didn't care about the box and seals, he could have seen the dust and lint and returned it then. Given that he must have waited for the Passport before handing over the Z30 to his friend, he could have told his friend there's been an issue and his friend would still be using an old phone. Ultimately, I think he believes that he was inconvenienced and thus deserves this phone as a loaner and a new phone direct from BlackBerry. The whole "protecting" the next user would mean packing this phone up and leaving it as pristine as possible, without having used it - if that was the intent.
    04-15-15 06:57 PM
    If it was used before that obviously sucks.

But to say, 'they are supposed to rectify their mistake by doing what I tell them to do' is absolutely utter nonsense of the highest order! They are not supposed to just do as any buyer wishes. They are to replace the item. Which they offered to do. Which you declined. And then said they have not offered help.

Again, sucks that it was used and I'd be unhappy too, but get off your high horse.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 07:22 PM
    I don't think you know the actual definition of used. Please educated yourself.

used - definition in the American English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online (US)

And I quote: "already owned or put to a purpose by someone else; not new".

A box with a double factory seal and some dust and lint do no constitute a used device. The device has no scratches, no dings, no software/files/information left over from a previous user. As such there is absolutely no evidence the device is used, period; regardless of your opinion. Fact is fact, opinions are opinions; and your opinions do not change the facts.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever. Opened and played with is used, to me. Obviously it's not to other people. And that's all that matters with stuff like this, the customers opinion.
    04-15-15 10:11 PM
185 ... 45678