Can you clearly explain what you expect the resolution would be? Saying that they should give you the Passport for your inconvenience would basically be saying that your motives weren't honest in the first place and that you're using a well known issue with Digital River as a justification for a free device.

If they ship you a new device, will you be shipping back the old one? Why is it so hard to answer this question directly?
    Did you even read my posts fully? Have I mentioned anywhere that I want a free phone?

I would like to explain what I have asked them to do. I told them, send me a new phone and I will use this phone till I get the new one. Since they have my card already, I asked them to charge it if they don't get the item back. There is also a reason why I dint want to send this back. I gave my Z30 to a friend of mine who's phone broke recently and I won't be having anything to use if I give this back. If it was for Amazon, I am sure they wouldn't have bothered to do it.
    Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    04-14-15 08:08 PM
    Did you even read my posts fully? Have I mentioned anywhere that I want a free phone?
    I did read your posts fully. You said at one point that you didn't want another Passport /from them/ because you know of their reputation now, which is why you don't want to order a new one from them and then return the current one once you receive the new one. What's the issue with ordering another one, sending back the old one once you have the new one, and returning the old one? Either way, a new Passport will need to be shipped, your credit card is pending/charged for a new Passport and you'll need to return the old one.
    sk8er_tor and Akainzo like this.
    04-14-15 08:17 PM
    Before people claim it's used, how about you prove it. Go into the Settings, then About, then Life Data and show us that it's been used. These numbers can't be reset.
    Just because a box is re-sealed doesn't mean the phone is used.

Then what do you want? You're not happy with sending the phone back for a replacement and you're not happy with ordering another phone and returning the one you have now once you get the new one. There is no other possibility.
    04-14-15 08:22 PM
    Before people claim it's used, how about you prove it. Go into the Settings, then About, then Life Data and show us that it's been used. These numbers can't be reset.
    Just because a box is re-sealed doesn't mean the phone is used.

Then what do you want? You're not happy with sending the phone back for a replacement and you're not happy with ordering another phone and returning the one you have now once you get the new one. There is no other possibility.
    I don't have life data option in my passport. All I want them to do is to send a new device and I will send this one after getting that. If they don't get it, they can charge my credit card. I can't even raise dispute against it as they will have the proof of sending the phone. It's as simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    04-14-15 08:32 PM
    I don't have life data option in my passport. All I want them to do is to send a new device and I will send this one after getting that. If they don't get it, they can charge my credit card. I can't even raise dispute against it as they will have the proof of sending the phone. It's as simple as that.
    You have your current device, yes? You raised a dispute, yes? How does proof of sending a phone prevent you from raising a dispute?

You could receive the new Passport, raise a dispute, like you've done, or perhaps cancel the credit card, as another poster has pointed out.
    04-14-15 08:50 PM
    If you are in the USA, you should be able to reverse the payment via discover card and tell blackberry digital river to come get it... if you are not in the USA, I don't know what to tell you. What a disgrace !!

Been a fan of BB ever since I got z30. Its been a year with Z30 so I thought its time for upgrade.
    I was waiting for a z30 successor but BlackBerry doesn't seem to have any plans to release one in near future.

Looking at all those positive 5 star reviews in the net, I went a head and ordered a "Red - BlackBerry Passport". I placed the order in ShopBlackBerry website on Friday (04/03) and paid extra for 2 day shipping. Digital River managed to send me the device on Monday and it reached me on Wednesday (04/08). I was very excited to get my hands on the device and I felt it was a long wait . Had it been Amazon , I am sure I would have got it on Monday.

All my excitement came to an end when I opened the courier.

-> The box of the blackberry passport looked very beat up and a lot of discoloration on the edges and it looked as if it sat in a warehouse unsold for a long time.
    -> I noticed double taping on the box, the first one was cut with a knife and the second one came off so easily. Anyone would know that the box was open already
    -> I ignored the box as it is not something I am bothered about and went a head and unboxed it.
    -> The moment I opened it, I noticed a lot of dust on the phone
    -> The back sticker which is above the sim/memory card slot had a lot of smudges and lint as well. Another sign it was used
    -> Turned the device to the back and noticed that the sticker was not sticked properly
    -> On the sides of the phone, there were markings which showed that the device had a protecting cover on it.
    -> Turned on the device and set the time and everything. When I checked the boot time, it showed it as Jan. I freaking got this phone in April and also the time zone was somewhere in Ireland.

I am very disappointed with the BlackBerry's service. I can't believe that Shopblackberry which is blackberry's own site isn't performing the way it's suppose to be.

I called up the customer care and they apologized me for sending a used device and asked me to return the device for a new one.
    I told them, I dont have a phone as of now and I need this. Then they asked me to place another order for a new phone and return this one once I received the new phone which I am not ready to do. Though this is their mistake, they are not even trying to help us.

Selling a used product as new is illegal and they are suppose to rectify their mistake by doing what I ask them to do.

Now about the phone I received. Below are the problems I have identified so far,

-> Battery life is terrible. When I turned on the device, it had half the battery and it worked for another 2 hours before turning off. I charged it again and used it for browsing and listening to spotify on wifi and it turned off in just 5 hours. I haven't installed any sim card in it yet. I read through the forums and updated the OS to the latest, did a reset but nothing helped. Now the phone is running 10.3 with same old battery life
    -> Wifi doesn't work sometimes. Though it is connected to wifi, it simply refuses to connect to internet. My z30 works like a charm in the same wifi network.
    -> Camera - the worst I should say. If I turn the flash light on, I get yellow pics... seriously... worst...
    -> Restarting the phone takes forever. z30 takes 25% of the time my passport takes to boot up.
    -> I kind of like the keyboard though I feel it double types some times when I swipe up to select a word. Its weird. I can type much faster in Z30 but I think I would get used to passport in few days.
    -> I was expecting the passport's display to be in par/better than z30. But IPS display isn't something which can compete with AMOLED unfortunately. I could see a lot of grey while watching a movie

I don't know if its just this stupid device I received or its going to be the same in all the passport's. I did check AT&T passport in their store before finalizing and I felt it was better.

Long story short, I raised a dispute against blackberry transaction with discover, the credit card company I bought the stuff with.
    Raised a complaint in "Better business bureau (BBB)" against digital river inc...
    I thought of taking this to a small claims court but it looks like I have to spend half the amount I spent for passport.

Is there anything else I could do from my end?

Attached are the pics.

Thanks,
    ElangoAttachment 347270Attachment 347271Attachment 347272Attachment 347273Attachment 347274Attachment 347275
    04-14-15 08:50 PM
    I ordered a new Passport from Shop BB on Friday (11th). Shipping info. from FedEx recv'd Sat. (12th) New Passport delivered by FedEx Monday (13th) at 2pm. Have to say I was impressed. Outside box didn't say anything about Digital River, it had Ingram Micro company info. on the side of the shipping box. Don't know if that makes any difference. Passport seems brand new, perfect condition. Says Boot Date of Apr 13th, 2015 so it appears it's brand new.
    04-14-15 09:46 PM
    It's brand new. They just open the box to update the OS and retape it.

If you look at the sticker on the sides you will notice that underneath it there is another one that shows the previous OS

Also all the protectors were still on.

It's illegal to sell refurbished as new... so I highly doubt that BlackBerry would do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:55 PM
    It's brand new. They just open the box to update the OS and retape it.

If you look at the sticker on the sides you will notice that underneath it there is another one that shows the previous OS

Also all the protectors were still on.

It's illegal to sell refurbished as new... so I highly doubt that BlackBerry would do that.

Posted via CB10
    If someone knows the law better than me, feel free to chime in, but I believe "open box" is legally differentiated from "new". It's not normal for a company to open a box to update software. It's also useless as the user can do this without issue. Also BlackBerry isn't the one doing it, it's their reseller that's doing it. BlackBerry seems oblivious to the ongoings of digital river.
    04-14-15 10:11 PM
    My Passport that I got the day white ones came out had a double seal. I know it's not used as it just came out that day. I am not sure why they are going in the box but you most likely didn't get a used phone.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh likes this.
    04-14-15 10:36 PM
    If you are in the USA, you should be able to reverse the payment via discover card and tell blackberry digital river to come get it... if you are not in the USA, I don't know what to tell you. What a disgrace !!
    I m in the US. Raised a dispute saying that they sent a old phone. They closed it asking me to ship the item back. Raised another one explaining That I need another phone before returning this and it's still open. Let's see.

Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    04-14-15 11:33 PM
    If I paid $500 for a phone, which I have and more, I expect not only the phone but also the box it comes in to be immaculate.

But that's just me. There's a certain expectation of value that comes with paying a certain amount for a service/product.

Posted via CB10
    wolfpacal and vanmat like this.
    04-14-15 11:38 PM
    My Passport that I got the day white ones came out had a double seal. I know it's not used as it just came out that day. I am not sure why they are going in the box but you most likely didn't get a used phone.

Posted via CB10
    The boot date showed January when I checked it for the first time. What about that. Also it had smudges which appears as if as a case was used and removed later. The screen protectors weren't like the ones you see in new phone. I am quite convinced that somebody has used it for a while.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:38 PM
    He should not have to ORDER a new one. They should send him another as an exchange - although that type of exchange usually means charging for the second unit until they receive the first one back (I know there's a fancy name for such an exchange and I've done it with a few products when it was a warranty or other issue). They should send the new unit in a box which can be returned to them and include the handling/shipping label.
    I totally agree. and the guy might not able to afford to order a second one. Has anyone thought about it ?
    04-15-15 03:40 AM
    My question is this even a real post about a real issue?

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    04-15-15 04:36 AM
    Give some suggestions to correct this permanently rather than just expecting me to do what DR wants... Is there anyway I can take this BlackBerry executives.. to someone who can take an action about this issue?

Posted via CB10
    You have been given TONS of reasonable and worthy suggestions but since none were what you wanted, you ignored them.

No, BlackBerry executives will not help someone being unreasonable.

I do disagree w/ a previous poster that said, you're the only one getting the headache here. B/c now we all are.

One last time here is exactly what you do:
    1- contact DR ask for a replacement.
    2- Give them your cc info so they can charge you for it.
    3- Once you receive your replacement and
    RMA to return defective send it back w/ tracking
    4- notify your cc company of the RMA # and tracking # so they can make a note on your account in case DR doesn't credit you back for the defective Device. This adds to your credibility.
    5- at this point, if I was DR I wouldn't send you a replacement until I received your return b/c you have raised enough red flags to them that you would return a box of rocks and scream you want a refund.

6- I just had to send my z30 back to BlackBerry BEFORE THEY WILL SEND A REPLACEMENT.

7- SEND IT BACK W/ TRACKING, NOTIFY CC COMPANY AND WAIT FOR DR TO SEND REPLACEMENT AND STOP BEING UNREASONABLE

Passport & Z30 & Q10
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    habs_fan, Akainzo and Hazo like this.
    04-15-15 07:19 AM
    You have been given TONS of reasonable and worthy suggestions but since none were what you wanted, you ignored them.

No, BlackBerry executives will not help someone being unreasonable.

I do disagree w/ a previous poster that said, you're the only one getting the headache here. B/c now we all are.

One last time here is exactly what you do:
    1- contact DR ask for a replacement.
    2- Give them your cc info so they can charge you for it.
    3- Once you receive your replacement and
    RMA to return defective send it back w/ tracking
    4- notify your cc company of the RMA # and tracking # so they can make a note on your account in case DR doesn't credit you back for the defective Device. This adds to your credibility.
    5- at this point, if I was DR I wouldn't send you a replacement until I received your return b/c you have raised enough red flags to them that you would return a box of rocks and scream you want a refund.

6- I just had to send my z30 back to BlackBerry BEFORE THEY WILL SEND A REPLACEMENT.

7- SEND IT BACK W/ TRACKING, NOTIFY CC COMPANY AND WAIT FOR DR TO SEND REPLACEMENT AND STOP BEING UNREASONABLE

Passport & Z30 & Q10
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    ^ ya, do what the biker lady said

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-15-15 07:48 AM
    If someone knows the law better than me, feel free to chime in, but I believe "open box" is legally differentiated from "new". It's not normal for a company to open a box to update software. It's also useless as the user can do this without issue. Also BlackBerry isn't the one doing it, it's their reseller that's doing it. BlackBerry seems oblivious to the ongoings of digital river.
    An open box is defined as opened by a client. This one was clearly opened and sealed by the manufacturer. By putting their seal, they are legally attesting that it's a genuinely new, thus never used before BlackBerry. Nothing in the picture proved otherwise. On the contrary, it shows that it's brand new

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 08:29 AM
    Why not just switch back to the z30, return the phone get refund and order another one? It sucks to be in this situation, I wouldn't be happy about it either, but I would also want to move forward and get my new phone as soon as possible!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 08:48 AM
    I totally agree. Order a new Phone, then when you get the new one, send the defective one back. Or send back the defective and they will send you a new one. What did you do with the phone you were using before you ardered this one? Why not use it until the new one arrives?

Seems to me that shopblackberry is trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. They screwed up and they should be willing to compromise if it means sending him a replacement device in good faith till he returns the old one.

Businesses that care about their customer's do this all the time, it is nothing new. It have experienced it quite often with Amazon and it's never been an issue to get a replacement or even in one extreme case, a refund before they received the defective item.

They have his/her credit card info and can charge him if he defects on sending the replacement.

OP: I feel your pain and don't feel they intentionally meant to slight you. It's probably a device that someone purchased and returned but nobody actually bothered to inspect it before adding it back to their inventory.
    04-15-15 09:25 AM
    I sympathize with OP. IMO, DR should do advanced exchange like what amazon or Microsoft store does, when there is an issue with the product.

But at the same I wouldn't expect Apple like quality in packaging from BlackBerry at this point.

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    04-15-15 09:49 AM
    I still don't understand why your upset with BlackBerry. They have offered you a replacement and you said NO. What more can they do. Like I said in my original post to you. I don't know of any company that is going to send you a replacement phone on the hope that you will return the other one. Not sure why you can't see that.
    Actually ALL reputable companies do. It's not a new phenomenom
    04-15-15 09:50 AM
    Been a fan of BB ever since I got z30. Its been a year with Z30 so I thought its time for upgrade.
    I was waiting for a z30 successor but BlackBerry doesn't seem to have any plans to release one in near future.

Looking at all those positive 5 star reviews in the net, I went a head and ordered a "Red - BlackBerry Passport". I placed the order in ShopBlackBerry website on Friday (04/03) and paid extra for 2 day shipping. Digital River managed to send me the device on Monday and it reached me on Wednesday (04/08). I was very excited to get my hands on the device and I felt it was a long wait . Had it been Amazon , I am sure I would have got it on Monday.

All my excitement came to an end when I opened the courier.

-> The box of the blackberry passport looked very beat up and a lot of discoloration on the edges and it looked as if it sat in a warehouse unsold for a long time.
    -> I noticed double taping on the box, the first one was cut with a knife and the second one came off so easily. Anyone would know that the box was open already
    -> I ignored the box as it is not something I am bothered about and went a head and unboxed it.
    -> The moment I opened it, I noticed a lot of dust on the phone
    -> The back sticker which is above the sim/memory card slot had a lot of smudges and lint as well. Another sign it was used
    -> Turned the device to the back and noticed that the sticker was not sticked properly
    -> On the sides of the phone, there were markings which showed that the device had a protecting cover on it.
    -> Turned on the device and set the time and everything. When I checked the boot time, it showed it as Jan. I freaking got this phone in April and also the time zone was somewhere in Ireland.

I am very disappointed with the BlackBerry's service. I can't believe that Shopblackberry which is blackberry's own site isn't performing the way it's suppose to be.

I called up the customer care and they apologized me for sending a used device and asked me to return the device for a new one.
    I told them, I dont have a phone as of now and I need this. Then they asked me to place another order for a new phone and return this one once I received the new phone which I am not ready to do. Though this is their mistake, they are not even trying to help us.

Selling a used product as new is illegal and they are suppose to rectify their mistake by doing what I ask them to do.

Now about the phone I received. Below are the problems I have identified so far,

-> Battery life is terrible. When I turned on the device, it had half the battery and it worked for another 2 hours before turning off. I charged it again and used it for browsing and listening to spotify on wifi and it turned off in just 5 hours. I haven't installed any sim card in it yet. I read through the forums and updated the OS to the latest, did a reset but nothing helped. Now the phone is running 10.3 with same old battery life
    -> Wifi doesn't work sometimes. Though it is connected to wifi, it simply refuses to connect to internet. My z30 works like a charm in the same wifi network.
    -> Camera - the worst I should say. If I turn the flash light on, I get yellow pics... seriously... worst...
    -> Restarting the phone takes forever. z30 takes 25% of the time my passport takes to boot up.
    -> I kind of like the keyboard though I feel it double types some times when I swipe up to select a word. Its weird. I can type much faster in Z30 but I think I would get used to passport in few days.
    -> I was expecting the passport's display to be in par/better than z30. But IPS display isn't something which can compete with AMOLED unfortunately. I could see a lot of grey while watching a movie

I don't know if its just this stupid device I received or its going to be the same in all the passport's. I did check AT&T passport in their store before finalizing and I felt it was better.

Long story short, I raised a dispute against blackberry transaction with discover, the credit card company I bought the stuff with.
    Raised a complaint in "Better business bureau (BBB)" against digital river inc...
    I thought of taking this to a small claims court but it looks like I have to spend half the amount I spent for passport.

Is there anything else I could do from my end?

Attached are the pics.

Thanks,
    ElangoAttachment 347270Attachment 347271Attachment 347272Attachment 347273Attachment 347274Attachment 347275
    Any pictures of the actual box? Courier. I returned a red passport on 4/2/2015, that would suck of you got mine.
    04-15-15 11:34 AM
    This thread is just going on and on.. I sympathize with the OP and can understand his frustration but also feel he is not being reasonable. Every company has policies and their employees have certain empowerment. A support agent isn't going to bend policy, risk his job and bend over backwards to make OP happy. He was given options, if he doesn't want to take either of them return the phone, take the refund and buy from someplace else.
    No one is right here and no one is wrong, just useless rant.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 11:38 AM
    Any pictures of the actual box? Courier. I returned a red passport on 4/2/2015, that would suck of you got mine.
    Ohh... Do you have the serial number or something with you? What's the problem with the device?

Do you want a full box photo or something?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 11:39 AM
185 ... 34567 ...