Buddy the problem is I gave my z30 to a friend of mine as she her phone died due to some hardware issues.

I could have placed another order with them but I found out the issues faced by customers placing orders in shopblackberry after I received mine. I never shopped in shopblackberry before and never expected that I will receive a used phone from blackberry's own website.
    I dint want to go through the hassle of buying one more and going thru the same cycle.

If it's fair for them to send a used phone as new, why can't they send a new phone and get their used phone back? How am I being unfair here?
    It's not even legal to sell a used phone as new anywhere in the US. I can be fair only if they are fair to me. I fail to understand Why I shud waste my time going back n forth while the mistake is clearly theirs.

Am an amazon prime member. I could have ordered the phone from amazon but I dint as I got extra 100 off in shopblackberry site.

You need to understand that they're not trying to help me but just trying to cover up their mistake. If digital river is gonna continue doing this, it's gonna spoil BlackBerry's reputation definitely.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:35 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry should consider a refurbished section so that they can avoid some of this negative feedback.

It sounds like the Passport you got doesn't have any hardware problems such as scratches, missing parts or other damage so you probably just received a repacked device. Someone probably just returned it within the 15-30 day period because of some benign reason.

As for battery life, please note that Web browsing uses a lot of energy and if you were listening to Spotify at the same time all on a cellular network, then 5-6 hours is the most you could expect from a high end device.

The wifi connectivity seems like a technical issue that might be resolved with a settings change or an OS reinstall/update.

Good luck finding a resolution. Personally, I'd keep this one because you know it's been checked out/tested.
    I paid for a new phone and don't want a used one. I won't be happy knowing that the phone is used before Iaid my hands on it. Further it seems to have some issues with battery. It's get hot while charging and doesn't even hold charge as much as my z30 does.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:43 PM
    I am curious; On the outside of the box there is normally an indication of the software revision on the phone. Do the two revisions match up? (That is - does what is on the phone match what is on the box?) it is possible that your device was shipped after being refreshed by someone at BlackBerry (not necessarily used) . I have had several boxes arrive a little beaten up myself - the boxes are not the heavy duty boxes of years ago.
    I dint see one on the box. Also I have updated it to latest as I had some issues with the OS which came with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:44 PM
    Um...not to point out something obvious, but assuming the phone arrived off. If you had just boot it up, it will show the current time, not a date in January, unless there was a bug. If you turned it on as in unlocked the phone but didn't actually boot up the phone. Then that would be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    The boot date was in Jan which was weird. What's more weird is that the phone switched on automatically as soon as I picked it in the hand.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:47 PM
    Small claims court really???Refund ASAP. Get it from amazon
    I am really thinking of doing this. I paid for a new phone and I can prove that they sent me a used phone with all those pics I have. I have in fact recorded the conversation I had with the representative. There are also a number of threads indicating customers receiving used phones instead of new ones.

It happened to me and many others today. If we don't stop this nonsense it will happen to you tomorrow. Let's see.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:53 PM
    I'll take it if you don't want it...
    04-13-15 09:54 PM
    BlackBerry's fulfillment company, Digital River, should just refund your money and let you keep the phone for free.

Better yet, call your credit company and dispute the charge. If they want the phone back, tell them to come to your house and pick it up. If they don't wish to do that, tell them to send you a check for $300 to cover the time and costs for shipping it back because it was their mistake.

There's nothing worst than ruining it for you. All that excitement built up, waiting for your NEW device only to be terribly disappointed. There is no way that the product couldn't have gone through quality inspection if someone else had previously returned it.

They simply didn't care. If you called, they would just say sorry and make you waste more of your time to fix their mistake. Unacceptable. Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a corporate number published on their web site because they know they would get an earful with these issues. But they should know.
    04-13-15 10:46 PM
    Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a corporate number published on their web site because they know they would get an earful with these issues. But they should know.

Blackberry.com, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click company. When page loads hit contact us. It takes you to what I linked below.

http://us.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact.html

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:29 PM
    I just ordered a red... so paranoid now.

Dear BlackBerry shop.. pls don screw up my order..

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:32 PM
    I just ordered a red... so paranoid now.

Dear BlackBerry shop.. pls don screw up my order..

Posted via CB10
    They are probably waiting for the OP to return the item so they can send it to you... just kidding...

To OP, as long as you are the 'customer' that pay for something that you didn't get, you have the rights to complain...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:39 PM
    Where on the site does it say that the device your buying is new. I don't see the condition anywhere. That's why I will not buy from shopblackberry. Amazon shows the new and used phones. So I buy from amazon.
    04-13-15 11:56 PM
    I ordered another PP from Amazon after ShopBlackBerry didn't manage to adjust the price. Amazon is much cheaper.

My packaging looked similar but the device was new and flawless.
    It would be interesting to know how many Passports have been returned in the last months.

I guess the number is high since I heard complaints about receiving a used PP although a new one was ordered often recently.

And yes, in some countries it is illegal to sell used goods as new.

FWIW

Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-14-15 12:01 AM
    Honestly it seems like Digital River offered to make the situation "right" by replacing the phone. I'm not sure what else should be expected beyond someone hoping to get a free phone. Mistakes happen and that phone looks flawless. The issues described seem very subjective and might easily be fixed using an autoloader of the latest 10.3.1 leak.

If you believe there is something physically wrong with the phone you received then order a new one from Amazon and return the one to Digital River when the second Passport arrives.
    04-14-15 12:09 AM
    BlackBerry's fulfillment company, Digital River, should just refund your money and let you keep the phone for free.

Better yet, call your credit company and dispute the charge. If they want the phone back, tell them to come to your house and pick it up. If they don't wish to do that, tell them to send you a check for $300 to cover the time and costs for shipping it back because it was their mistake.

There's nothing worst than ruining it for you. All that excitement built up, waiting for your NEW device only to be terribly disappointed. There is no way that the product couldn't have gone through quality inspection if someone else had previously returned it.

They simply didn't care. If you called, they would just say sorry and make you waste more of your time to fix their mistake. Unacceptable. Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a corporate number published on their web site because they know they would get an earful with these issues. But they should know.
    Thanks for the support. I have already raised a dispute with discover but haven't heard anything from them yet. Will definitely try my best not to give up. Worst case I will have to keep this phone after 30 days.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:18 AM
    Honestly it seems like Digital River offered to make the situation "right" by replacing the phone. I'm not sure what else should be expected beyond someone hoping to get a free phone. Mistakes happen and that phone looks flawless. The issues described seem very subjective and might easily be fixed using an autoloader of the latest 10.3.1 leak.

If you believe there is something physically wrong with the phone you received then order a new one from Amazon and return the one to Digital River when the second Passport arrives.
    My request to them was very simple. Send me a brand new phone and I will send this one back. Apart from ruining my day, they just tried to fix their fault. Nothing much.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:20 AM
    the least they could do is offer to credit you any shipping charges for the original order, the new order, and the return shipping fee.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:23 AM
    The Passport would be a great tool to use while organizing your small claims lawsuit against BlackBerry, and you'd look really professional pulling it out of your suit pocket.
    Hazo likes this.
    04-14-15 12:26 AM
    Been a fan of BB ever since I got z30. Its been a year with Z30 so I thought its time for upgrade.
    I was waiting for a z30 successor but BlackBerry doesn't seem to have any plans to release one in near future.

Looking at all those positive 5 star reviews in the net, I went a head and ordered a "Red - BlackBerry Passport". I placed the order in ShopBlackBerry website on Friday (04/03) and paid extra for 2 day shipping. Digital River managed to send me the device on Monday and it reached me on Wednesday (04/08). I was very excited to get my hands on the device and I felt it was a long wait . Had it been Amazon , I am sure I would have got it on Monday.

All my excitement came to an end when I opened the courier.

-> The box of the blackberry passport looked very beat up and a lot of discoloration on the edges and it looked as if it sat in a warehouse unsold for a long time.
    -> I noticed double taping on the box, the first one was cut with a knife and the second one came off so easily. Anyone would know that the box was open already
    -> I ignored the box as it is not something I am bothered about and went a head and unboxed it.
    -> The moment I opened it, I noticed a lot of dust on the phone
    -> The back sticker which is above the sim/memory card slot had a lot of smudges and lint as well. Another sign it was used
    -> Turned the device to the back and noticed that the sticker was not sticked properly
    -> On the sides of the phone, there were markings which showed that the device had a protecting cover on it.
    -> Turned on the device and set the time and everything. When I checked the boot time, it showed it as Jan. I freaking got this phone in April and also the time zone was somewhere in Ireland.

I am very disappointed with the BlackBerry's service. I can't believe that Shopblackberry which is blackberry's own site isn't performing the way it's suppose to be.

I called up the customer care and they apologized me for sending a used device and asked me to return the device for a new one.
    I told them, I dont have a phone as of now and I need this. Then they asked me to place another order for a new phone and return this one once I received the new phone which I am not ready to do. Though this is their mistake, they are not even trying to help us.

Selling a used product as new is illegal and they are suppose to rectify their mistake by doing what I ask them to do.

Now about the phone I received. Below are the problems I have identified so far,

-> Battery life is terrible. When I turned on the device, it had half the battery and it worked for another 2 hours before turning off. I charged it again and used it for browsing and listening to spotify on wifi and it turned off in just 5 hours. I haven't installed any sim card in it yet. I read through the forums and updated the OS to the latest, did a reset but nothing helped. Now the phone is running 10.3 with same old battery life
    -> Wifi doesn't work sometimes. Though it is connected to wifi, it simply refuses to connect to internet. My z30 works like a charm in the same wifi network.
    -> Camera - the worst I should say. If I turn the flash light on, I get yellow pics... seriously... worst...
    -> Restarting the phone takes forever. z30 takes 25% of the time my passport takes to boot up.
    -> I kind of like the keyboard though I feel it double types some times when I swipe up to select a word. Its weird. I can type much faster in Z30 but I think I would get used to passport in few days.
    -> I was expecting the passport's display to be in par/better than z30. But IPS display isn't something which can compete with AMOLED unfortunately. I could see a lot of grey while watching a movie

I don't know if its just this stupid device I received or its going to be the same in all the passport's. I did check AT&T passport in their store before finalizing and I felt it was better.

Long story short, I raised a dispute against blackberry transaction with discover, the credit card company I bought the stuff with.
    Raised a complaint in "Better business bureau (BBB)" against digital river inc...
    I thought of taking this to a small claims court but it looks like I have to spend half the amount I spent for passport.

Is there anything else I could do from my end?

Attached are the pics.

Thanks,
    ElangoAttachment 347270Attachment 347271Attachment 347272Attachment 347273Attachment 347274Attachment 347275
    Regarding your problem, I sent you a private PM including the direct contact person from Blackberry. She will help you.
    Toodeurep and vanmat like this.
    04-14-15 01:19 AM
    I would get a refund and order it from amazon instead. I ordered from shop BlackBerry once, although my device did not have broken seals I don't trust them after reading numerous threads like this.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered mine from Amazon and it was used too! Box tatty, protective film not quite right. The giveaway was the Sony charger
    04-14-15 02:05 AM
    I got a red one from Amazon in the UK and the packaging and protective film looked exactly the same, all beaten up. It booted up like a new phone though and battery disc showed the battery as having been through zero charging cycles, so I stuck with it. It's interesting yours was the same, maybe customs tear them apart or something, that's likely with mine since it came all the way from Canada where it was born.
    The battery was bad in the beginning and the flickering was terrible but now it's all optimized and it's so good I can hardly put it down.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:10 AM
    Hmm. A little off-topic but the customs angle is intriguing. Perhaps the "Border Security " just doesn't believe that a BlackBerry with such a shape exists. They look at the X-Rays and see Passport-shaped documents inside and just have to look for potential forgeries or contraband. I can't wait to see this on TV.

Anyway, it's disheartening to have one's unboxing preempted so I hope you get one fresh-off-the-assembly line as wanted.

Hopefully the upcoming Amazon store app / partnership will make buying BlackBerry devices with shopbb discount codes possible.

Good luck with your replacement.
    so crow likes this.
    04-14-15 04:42 AM
    Basically what they should do is: sending you a new one with prepaid return label so courier will pickup old in exchange for new.
    Simple as that.
    I had similar situation few times and it worked like that.

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    04-14-15 05:28 AM
    Selling a used product as new is illegal and they are suppose to rectify their mistake by doing what I ask them to do.

i like this line - bring me the head of a pig! with an apple in the mouth and women to dance around me while i feast!!
    drrobert_Taco likes this.
    04-14-15 07:12 AM
    Buddy the problem is I gave my z30 to a friend of mine as she her phone died due to some hardware issues.

I could have placed another order with them but I found out the issues faced by customers placing orders in shopblackberry after I received mine. I never shopped in shopblackberry before and never expected that I will receive a used phone from blackberry's own website.
    I dint want to go through the hassle of buying one more and going thru the same cycle.

If it's fair for them to send a used phone as new, why can't they send a new phone and get their used phone back? How am I being unfair here?
    It's not even legal to sell a used phone as new anywhere in the US. I can be fair only if they are fair to me. I fail to understand Why I shud waste my time going back n forth while the mistake is clearly theirs.

Am an amazon prime member. I could have ordered the phone from amazon but I dint as I got extra 100 off in shopblackberry site.

You need to understand that they're not trying to help me but just trying to cover up their mistake. If digital river is gonna continue doing this, it's gonna spoil BlackBerry's reputation definitely.

Posted via CB10

You are 100% correct in that you should expect a new device when you purchase a new device. But you are expecting shop blackberry to send you a replacement device free of charge on the hopes that you will be honest and return the used phone. It is not unreasonable to expect that you pay for the second device and return for refund the used device. Also you have stated that you do not want to shop from them anyway. So buy your new device from amazon and ship the used device back to shop blackberry. problem solved.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    04-14-15 07:27 AM
    ah ha! not sure why i couldn't find it when i had issues with ordering from DR.

now, what's the chance of getting someone from BlackBerry reaching out to DR and tell them to their act straight?

Blackberry.com, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click company. When page loads hit contact us. It takes you to what I linked below.

Contact Information - US

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:35 AM
185 1234 ...