On January 23rd, I spoke directly to BlackBerry about RMA'ing my Passport. They stopped replying. On the 29th I followed it up and was told they were still communicating with another internal department. It is now February 8th with no further contact from BlackBerry.

I can really see they value their customers and that customer service is high up there on their customer values /sarcasm.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    hlg8888 and Donvald like this.
    02-07-15 09:58 PM
    On January 23rd, I spoke directly to BlackBerry about RMA'ing my Passport. They stopped replying. On the 29th I followed it up and was told they were still communicating with another internal department. It is now February 8th with no further contact from BlackBerry.

I can really see they value their customers and that customer service is high up there on their customer values /sarcasm.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, you're right. BlackBerry's warranty and customer service have definitely gone downhill. It's too bad.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    devin266 likes this.
    02-07-15 10:08 PM
    First step to being a 'niche player' as they call themselves is to deliver 'niche-level' service: personalised, prompt, and friendly. They obviously have no idea how much great service can actually do for you... and it's so simple.
    thedose, EsJayDee and Carrtman like this.
    02-07-15 10:14 PM
    First step to being a 'niche player' as they call themselves is to deliver 'niche-level' service: personalised, prompt, and friendly. They obviously have no idea how much great service can actually do for you... and it's so simple.
    I totally agree.

02-07-15 10:28 PM
    Not problem here in Malaysia, BlackBerry expert centre if they can't repair it in hour they will replace with new one

And there is extra warranty for first 6 months including water damage for BlackBerry passport

Just share my experience in Malaysia

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Flatman and TrueKulcha like this.
    02-07-15 10:34 PM
    Not problem here in Malaysia, BlackBerry expert centre if they can't repair it in hour they will replace with new one

And there is extra warranty for first 6 months including water damage for BlackBerry passport

That's great! Blackberry support across the border here in Singapore is almost non existent.
    02-07-15 11:07 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, what is RMA'ing...??

Posted via Z30.
    GSM-S likes this.
    02-07-15 11:43 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, what is RMA'ing...??

Posted via Z30.
    An RMA is a "return marchandise autorisation"

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 11:59 PM
    Didn't I just read somewhere that they've revamped shopblackberry?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 12:35 AM
    "I know understand"

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154
    Spawn12, thedose, vpblaze and 4 others like this.
    02-08-15 12:43 AM

yes, for device bought through/with brightstar warranty. but for ingram micro set, blackberry xpert centre won't entertain, unless you produce receipt as proof of purchase, even though your device already in their database.... something must be done here...

posted via my awesome malaysian passport
    02-08-15 12:58 AM
    To be fair, BlackBerry wasn't even selling their own devices directly when they started going downhill.

But you are right. Digital River and the RMA department are a nightmare. Though usually the older the device is, the quicker things go. I sent my Z30 to them on Monday, and yesterday, Saturday, I got a brand new one from Fed Ex.

There always seems to be some hangup though. Like their system was down two weeks ago and took a while to generate a new form. Or the representatives have to wait for a while to give you updates from the repair plant. It's not a fun experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:09 AM
    And business/enterprise focus would have meant better than average consumer level service.

I regret getting the passport now. I think I'm over it. There is nothing extraordinary.

Battery life is Meh, os experience is Meh. Keyboard perhaps but swift ain't bad either. Camera is a disappointment for a flagship device.

Hoping to see some major changes by Chen.

Posted via Passport.
    02-08-15 01:17 AM
    You sound like Sir Richard Branson.

Posted via CB10
    mjdimer likes this.
    02-08-15 01:18 AM
    My only experience was with my PlayBook. It was a month past the warranty and they shipped me a brand new one. Go Blackberry.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    02-08-15 01:33 AM
    You sound like Sir Richard Branson.

Posted via CB10
    And he is one of the most successful and inspirational business leaders out there.

And the point is?

Posted via Passport.
    02-08-15 01:50 AM

Totally agreeing with you, it is the same here in India, no dedicated support.
    02-08-15 02:21 AM
    Totally agreeing with you, it is the same here in India, no dedicated support.
    I don't agree at all. Have sent my z30 under warranty for repair and they gave me a new one. Then new one had some problems after 6 months and they replaced even though it was out of warranty

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    02-08-15 02:31 AM
    I spotted that to! Get it?

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking 10.3.0.1052
    02-08-15 12:24 PM
    BlackBerry used to have a great warranty back in the days I was there.

Bring your device into your carrier and they would do an advance exchange for you. They would order a replacement device from BlackBerry. It would arrive the next business day. You would give them your BlackBerry and they would give you the replacement right on the spot.

They only things they checked for were obvious physical abuse and water damage. Aside from that it was no questions asked. Fast and simple.

Now it takes months to get your phone back and in the mean time you're stuck with a crappy loaner.

02-08-15 02:50 PM
    - know understand - LOL

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:19 PM
    - know understand - LOL

Posted via CB10
    Yes, a typo is hilarious.

02-08-15 07:57 PM
    Superciliousness personified...

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:27 PM
    Had same issue. Took 3 weeks as they couldn't process my credit cards for RMA and said it's a system issue. They are located in the philipines... failed to promise follow-up

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:19 PM
    How does one get in touch with Chen? Even Amazon's Jeff Bezos is known to read his emails...

Posted via Passport.
    02-08-15 11:05 PM
47 12