I just bought a Blackberry Passport but i think i wasted money.

Blackberry world didn’t even works says network error but I’m connect by wifi and 4G.

Can’t install any APK of any app, the only one that i got successful was Mozilla Firefox. Whatsapp apk didnt even dream working on my Passport.

I would install Protonmail apk, tutanota apk, authy apk, bitwarden and others likes spotify, castbox...
    Also Banco Inter apk which is a brazilian digital bank. Without these apps it is useless for me.

Please any experienced or expert guy who can help me please?
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    07-04-20 07:16 PM
    I just bought a Blackberry Passport but i think i wasted money.

Blackberry world didn’t even works says network error but I’m connect by wifi and 4G.

Can’t install any APK of any app, the only one that i got successful was Mozilla Firefox. Whatsapp apk didnt even dream working on my Passport.

I would install Protonmail apk, tutanota apk, authy apk, bitwarden and others likes spotify, castbox...
    Also Banco Inter apk which is a brazilian digital bank. Without these apps it is useless for me.

Please any experienced or expert guy who can help me please?
    The BlackBerry World fix info is here: https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10

Many apk's just will not install or work as the android runtime is ancient at ver 4.3. This means that if the app requirement is above that version then it just won't work.

WhatsApp DOES still work and can be obtained here: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/ . Just download and install directly from that link. If an error box appears on your passport just tap outside the box.

Protonmail or any mail app is not needed on the Passport as all email goes through the Hub
    You won't find any banking app that will work - best you could do is create a shortcut to the desktop using the native browser or a 3rd party android browser bookmark such as Kiwi browser.
    Not sure if Spotify works anymore. Last android version that worked was Spotify version 8.4.94.817 I think. Others may correct me on this.

If you purchased a Passport thinking that there are apps for everything then yes, you did make a mistake. It has very limited app availability and the operating system is now EOL.
    07-04-20 09:57 PM
    I felt tired after 3 days buying the passport because it's just annoying to do things. However, after 1 week everything seems smooth to me. My comment is be patient. With a 6 year old phone you can expect a lot, there are too many problems since BlackBerry decided to abandon BB10 phones. We have to compromise. There are some way to make your Passport works, just be patient and do research. For example, the BBW showed error on my phone, I searched on gg how to fix it and it works fine after 5 minutes. I know it's not easy. Be patient and youll find the way to make it works fine.

Ps: bank apps would never work on BB10, deal with it. Bring your physical cards or keep a backup phone among to you. Just like what I do.

Posted via CB10
    mikael11 likes this.
    07-05-20 10:41 PM
    For sure, anyone trying to use a BB10 phone in 2020 needs to clearly understand that most apps and many services won't "just work" - you might be able to GET many of them to work, but it's going to take a lot of work-arounds, hunting down the right (old) versions of apps, and a lot of other manual work. That's the price you pay for using a phone based on an EOL platform that's had virtually zero development for the last 6 years. If you're expecting things to "just work" or be easy, you've made a mistake.

That said, there are enthusiasts who have found ways to make a lot of things work, sometimes only partially or with significant limitations, but some folks can get by with what BB10 can do. Others cannot. Each person has to decide for themselves where that line is. They must also understand that as the clock ticks minutes away, additional things are going to break or become obsolete. App versions become unsupported, security standards are upgraded, API level requirements are raised, etc. You have to be able to accept that and be prepared for things to stop working with no warning.

I also STRONGLY recommend that everyone backs up their data on a regular basis (assuming you aren't already using cloud sync), and that you back it up in open formats and unencrypted, so that you can access the data or import it onto another platform at some point. While having a Link backup is useful for restoring your phone (assuming it's working, and BB's servers are up), you should NOT rely on it to work forever, so you need to ALSO make unencrypted, open-format backups, and do so on a regular basis. If you don't do this, you will most likely experience data loss at some point. BB10 phones are old and wearing out, and should not be assumed to be "safe storage" for your data in the long term.
    Laura Knotek and dmlis like this.
    07-06-20 01:24 AM
    I don't know why your apps via APKs are not working. I had been using WhatsApp and some other apps through APKs perfectly, There is another pre-installed Amazon Appstore as well, from where you can download more apps. Do restart your phone if needed. Check Settings to see whether necessary permissions are allowed. There is no reason for APKs to not work.
    07-06-20 09:21 AM
    There is no reason for APKs to not work.
    Except for the fact that MANY apk's now require android 5 as a minimum requirement. The OP is probably wondering why these don't work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-20 09:24 AM
    Except for the fact that MANY apk's now require android 5 as a minimum requirement. The OP is probably wondering why these don't work.
    I've seen a number that now require Android 6 at this point....

OP just didn't research BB10.... it's fine for basic communications, Email, Phone, Text. If you need a great browser or lot's of apps, it's not the right platform for 2020.

Sounds like the OP wants streaming services and banking services... that's just not what BB10 is good for at this point.

OP they posted the fix for BBW, you can try that. And you can spend some time here to see what apps work and what apps won't. Get use to BB10 over time and see if it works.... if not, you can probably sell the Passport for what you paid for it. All you are out is the time invested. If you want a PKB phone to try, look at the KEYone or KEY2.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-20 09:31 AM
    Yes, indeed.
    07-06-20 09:52 AM
    And the problem gets worse by the day. The world continues to move forward while BB10 is forever stuck in 2014.
    07-06-20 11:12 AM
    And the problem gets worse by the day. The world continues to move forward while BB10 is forever stuck in 2014.
    Even BlackBerry Limited moved on ..
    07-06-20 11:17 AM
    But then it's kinda surprising that things work as well as they do.... Don't get me wrong, BB10 for me was a pain to use five years ago... it can't provide a "real" smartphone experience by any means. But the fact that BlackBerry still provides services for both BBOS and BB10 in 2020. Is really amazing.

(just how much longer will they with all the issues they are having??)
    07-06-20 11:22 AM
    But then it's kinda surprising that things work as well as they do.... Don't get me wrong, BB10 for me was a pain to use five years ago... it can't provide a "real" smartphone experience by any means. But the fact that BlackBerry still provides services for both BBOS and BB10 in 2020. Is really amazing.

(just how much longer will they with all the issues they are having??)
    Sssshhhhh

John Chen sent the janitor with the intern to clean out the BB10 closet. The intern went back at the end of Christmas break, the janitor got sidetracked cleaning up several breakroom messes then COVID hit. Nobody even remembers BB10 closet location anymore...
    07-06-20 11:28 AM
    Sssshhhhh

John Chen sent the janitor with the intern to clean out the BB10 closet. The intern went back at the end of Christmas break, the janitor got sidetracked cleaning up several breakroom messes then COVID hit. Nobody even remembers BB10 closet location anymore...
    Yeah, but when they have to find a new smaller and more economical office to rent.... maybe the janitor will find it and take it home and plug it in?

I suspect most that administration fluff he got rid of.... was there in Canada and not at the offices (Cylance & Good) in the US where business is going on.
    07-06-20 11:38 AM
    Yeah, but when they have to find a new smaller and more economical office to rent.... maybe the janitor will find it and take it home and plug it in?
    I suspect @TrumpetTiger will host in basement or loft and provide support
    07-06-20 11:41 AM
    I suspect @TrumpetTiger will host in basement or loft and provide support
    I'm sure he'd love to get a hold of them.... maybe they hold all the unlocking codes for the OS so it's development could continue.
    07-06-20 11:59 AM