My dad is going to give me a late new year's gift this coming sunday, and if asks me want do I want, and now here is the dilemma I'm having a hard time deciding, I either want a 128gb iPad Mini 3 or 128gb iPad Air 2 or the BlackBerry Passport. I currently have a 128gb iPhone 6 and a Bold 9780. I considered the iPads because it will be my 1st iPad if ever decide to buy it, I still have my 64gb Playbook here, what do you think should I choose?
    01-09-15 07:15 AM
    My dad is going to give me a late new year's gift this coming sunday, and if asks me want do I want, and now here is the dilemma I'm having a hard time deciding, I either want a 128gb iPad Mini 3 or 128gb iPad Air 2 or the BlackBerry Passport. I currently have a 128gb iPhone 6 and a Bold 9780. I considered the iPads because it will be my 1st iPad if ever decide to buy it, I still have my 64gb Playbook here, what do you think should I choose?
    Kind of depends on where you main passion and interests are. I gave up on Apple products early last year so my opinion will be biased.

Good luck with whichever you decide to go with.
    chflower likes this.
    01-09-15 07:19 AM
    iPads are a dying breed.... I believe apple is going to axe the Mini soon.
    01-09-15 07:20 AM
    I kinda want the passport, but how can I justify it to my dad about it's size? he doesn't want big and wide phones thinking that it would be difficult to use. As for iPads, I'm an Engineering Student, Manga Reader and constantly making paper work drafts on my phone and edits them on my PC.many of my friends are saying that I already have an iPhone, getting an iPad is unjustifiable. I just wanted the opinion of Passport users.
    01-09-15 07:23 AM
    I kinda want the passport, but how can I justify it to my dad about it's size? he doesn't want big and wide phones thinking that it would be difficult to use. As for iPads, I'm a Engineering Student, Manga Reader and constantly making paper work drafts on my phone and edits them on my PC.many of my friends are saying that I already have an iPhone, getting an iPad is unjustifiable. I just wanted the opinion of Passport users.
    Maybe I am missing something here: Are you going to give your dad a present or is he going to give you a present? If the latter is the case, just how I understood, shouldn't he care only about your needs and not his regarding the present?

In any case, since you said you make a lot of paper drafts, have you ever considered the Microsoft Surface 3 as a choice? I know many students reported they prefer the Surface 3 over all other tablets out there, thanks to great stylus, screen ratio and software. The iPad on the other hand more or less is just a large screened iPhone...

Regarding the Passport, it depends on what you actually want to do. Do you want a tablet or do you want another phone? IMO the Passport isn't really able to replace a (larger) tablet, so if you really want a tablet, better get one instead of the Passport.
    The Passport itself is a great phone, you more or less need to use it with both hands, the screen is awesome for reading texts, viewing and editing documents and browsing the web. Also the screen estate for the whole UI, be it the Hub alone is great. What the screen is not too great for: Multimedia like videos and games, you simply the limits of the 1:1 ratio here.

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-09-15 07:35 AM
    My dad is going to give me a present, yeah I know, but that's how he is. He is not the one going to use it but say it anyway. Uhm Microsoft Surface huh. I don't know I think they don't sell it here in the Philippines, the Passport caught my eye even before I bought my iPhone, for it's size, keyboard and brand, I love the BlackBerry Brand and want to support them in anyway that I can but my sister who is an avid iPhone user since the 3G was totally against me getting a Passport because of it's size.
    7onZ likes this.
    01-09-15 07:41 AM
    Passport will replace your tablet and iphone use. why carry two things.
    raqball, 7onZ and chflower like this.
    01-09-15 08:00 AM
    My dad is going to give me a present, yeah I know, but that's how he is. He is not the one going to use it but say it anyway. Uhm Microsoft Surface huh. I don't know I think they don't sell it here in the Philippines, the Passport caught my eye even before I bought my iPhone, for it's size, keyboard and brand, I love the BlackBerry Brand and want to support them in anyway that I can but my sister who is an avid iPhone user since the 3G was totally against me getting a Passport because of it's size.
    Second day with my passport here, and even my little hands like it a lot!
    A beast device! Happy to made the switch here!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-09-15 08:08 AM
    Agree on the passport. It's big enough for a tablet use but small enough to carry and to use as a phone. It is really the perfect match for mostly everything.

What's so sad about apple over any other tablets if you decide to go with this is that everything is overpriced by many hundreds and once you choose apple, you are locked in. You have to use all apple products for the rest of your life because they won't let you easily buy something else. Buy apple TV at hundreds instead of chrome at 20$? Buy cables from apple instead of China because they secured the cables, buy song on itunes so they are locked for your accounts and not transferable to other devices, etc. I would look into any other tablet if I had to pick one. But I would firstly pick a passport because you can do absolutely everything with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:20 AM
    Yeah I agree. I have not touched my Android tablet since I got the Passport and as a matter of fact, I find myself using it over my PC many times..
    01-09-15 08:23 AM
    I would definitely say the passport. I have not used any of the tablets in this house since I got one and am strongly considering offloading my old school macbook and both the playbook and nexus 7 as i am only using my iMac and the passport.
    01-09-15 08:29 AM
    Yes same here.

Since getting the Passport, all of my ipad minis, tablets, and netbooks have gone to the kids. NO point in using then when I can use the Passport for everything. Browser kills it on the Passport! Oh yeah, it's an awesome phone too lol!!

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-09-15 09:40 AM
    One quick question. does the HDMI cable used on the Playbook works with the Passport as well? Or it's a different one?
    01-09-15 10:07 AM
    Well as already said, it is your phone, so your choice matters when it comes to your own needs and requirements. The Passport is big, better say wide, yes. But it is nothing you can't handle. Personally I am switching to the Classic tomorrow, due to the size and the keyboard. The size however is by far nothing "impossible" to use, just look around the many satisfied Passport users here. IMO it is the most impressive phone I ever had, the moment unboxing it and see the device for real the first time was quite memorable as strange as it sounds. The whole screen estate and form factor is nothing to play down.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:27 AM
    I kinda want the passport, but how can I justify it to my dad about it's size? he doesn't want big and wide phones thinking that it would be difficult to use. As for iPads, I'm an Engineering Student, Manga Reader and constantly making paper work drafts on my phone and edits them on my PC.many of my friends are saying that I already have an iPhone, getting an iPad is unjustifiable. I just wanted the opinion of Passport users.
    That's the beauty of the new PASSPORT! You can do all that you have mentioned and then some! All in a small package!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:14 AM
    Agreed! Don't you think it's redundant to carry a phone and a tablet!? I ditched mine the 1st week of using the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:16 AM
    Maybe I am missing something here: Are you going to give your dad a present or is he going to give you a present? If the latter is the case, just how I understood, shouldn't he care only about your needs and not his regarding the present?

In any case, since you said you make a lot of paper drafts, have you ever considered the Microsoft Surface 3 as a choice? I know many students reported they prefer the Surface 3 over all other tablets out there, thanks to great stylus, screen ratio and software. The iPad on the other hand more or less is just a large screened iPhone...

Regarding the Passport, it depends on what you actually want to do. Do you want a tablet or do you want another phone? IMO the Passport isn't really able to replace a (larger) tablet, so if you really want a tablet, better get one instead of the Passport.
    The Passport itself is a great phone, you more or less need to use it with both hands, the screen is awesome for reading texts, viewing and editing documents and browsing the web. Also the screen estate for the whole UI, be it the Hub alone is great. What the screen is not too great for: Multimedia like videos and games, you simply the limits of the 1:1 ratio here.

Posted via CB10
    I have stopped using my tablet ever since i got the passport. The passport has a huge screen and is more than enough to browse the web and apps etc.
    I have the galaxy 12.2 note pro. Gave it to my wife as i had no use for it now.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:25 AM
    It's a different cable altogether. The PlayBook uses a microHDMI cable whereas the Passport uses SlimPort where you need an adapter from microUSB to HDMI and from that, you plug a regular HDMI cable to your TV.
    01-09-15 12:00 PM
    Passport will surely minimize your laptop and tablet use not because it has got a bigger screen but a screen which is optimised for viewing content. It would be perfect for you to go through the readings related to your subjects and the screen renders the webpages so vivid and crisp that you will start loving browsing too on a mobile device.

Keyboard also is very innovative and it's thoughtfully designed to adapt your writing pattern so that you don't need to type every word but just swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:11 PM
    Get an iPad if bigger screen is important to you, but if efficient productivity is your top priority then get the Passport. Good luck.
    01-09-15 12:33 PM
    I agree...ipad for screen real estate or passport for an all in one experience!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:24 PM
    Would your dad buy me a Passport? Just asking.
    01-09-15 03:29 PM
    Passport. Who uses a tablet anymore. Not Passport owners.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    01-09-15 06:09 PM
    Get the passport bro. Im also from the philippines. You wont go wrong. Besides, you already have an iphone 6. Might be alil redudant if you will be getting an ipad imo.
    01-09-15 06:28 PM
    Agree on the passport. It's big enough for a tablet use but small enough to carry and to use as a phone. It is really the perfect match for mostly everything.

What's so sad about apple over any other tablets if you decide to go with this is that everything is overpriced by many hundreds and once you choose apple, you are locked in. You have to use all apple products for the rest of your life because they won't let you easily buy something else. Buy apple TV at hundreds instead of chrome at 20$? Buy cables from apple instead of China because they secured the cables, buy song on itunes so they are locked for your accounts and not transferable to other devices, etc. I would look into any other tablet if I had to pick one. But I would firstly pick a passport because you can do absolutely everything with it.

Posted via CB10
    This is very exaggerated. An Apple TV is $100, same as a similar Roku. A Chromecast is $35 but not the same thing.

I use all brands of cables with my mac.
    Oh, and I use both Apple and BlackBerry products. Hhmmm.
    Oh, and I have a ton of iTunes music on my BlackBerry Passport. How does that work? ITunes music has no DRM.

You can do absolutely everything with a Passport? They are great but not that great. Still need a full computer.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:54 PM
32 12