Hey all,

So I must be crazy because I just bought a second Passport. After two years with my OG passport decided to get a silver one because it looks amazing.

This came after having bought a Galaxy S6 to replace the Passport but dear lord I hated the device. I contemplated getting the KeyONE but Android personally worries me.

One question I have is there a way to integrate Android apps better with the hub?

The second question I have is, I am noticing sites like Bloomberg, bare in mind very few, tell me my device browser isn't supported. Does anyone know if this is something to worry about?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 03:28 AM
    Hello Passport is a great device ( Have an SE) but it is showing it's age as launched almost 3 years ago which in tech world is a lot. Still use my SE but not my primary daily Driver.
    1: Android apps only can receive a notification 🔔 bell image in HUB. can't be integrated further.
    2: yes as time passes and without updates the browser can get outdated and not function and correctly.
    As we all now current future is on BlackBerry Android. Looking forward to the #KEYone . Good luck
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-10-17 05:27 AM
    ''android personally worries me''... lol...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 08:43 AM
    ''android personally worries me''... lol...

Posted via CB10
    Try IOS then..

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 08:50 AM
    Try IOS then..

Posted via CB10
    Ditto!

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    05-10-17 09:03 AM
    My priv microUSB died and I sent it out to be fixed. Now using the Passport and realizing it as a far better device...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 09:05 AM
    My priv microUSB died and I sent it out to be fixed. Now using the Passport and realizing it as a far better device...

Posted via CB10
    I'm using BlackBerry Z10 with Android Play Store. It has a little problem eventually but it does a good performance, indeed.
    05-10-17 09:41 AM
    My second phone is an iPhone :-) I have indeed tried iOS and personally find it considerably nicer than Android.

My dream is BB10 OS to be able to run Android app like native, while keeping BB10 OS ecosystem, feeel and so on.
    05-10-17 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    If only for that OS problem.....

Message brought to you by the new BlackBerry KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:03 AM
    Right now I am typing on my passport.
    It feels great because the word predictions work like magic. Much better typing experience than the iPhone

Sadly most people are app dependent, and many things run via apps (more like apps are now controlling people's lives.

It dies because it cannot please the general consumers..

Otherwise passport is the best phone I have used...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    same here! using combination of Priv and PPSE

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-10-17 10:12 AM
    I use the Passpsort OG and the PRIV. PP is primary. Still an outstanding device that supports everything. The app gap is narrower than most people think. Will be getting the KEYone and replacing the PRIV, not the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:25 AM
    I love the Passport. I recognize it's not for everyone but it is for me. All the apps I need work on the Passport. I had a DTEK50 and there were no apps on that OS that were essential to me.

And the spying and tracking weren't essential to me either lol.
    05-10-17 11:55 AM
    I use the Passpsort OG and the PRIV. PP is primary. Still an outstanding device that supports everything. The app gap is narrower than most people think. Will be getting the KEYone and replacing the PRIV, not the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    The KEYone will replace my PRIV which replaced my Passport. My second line is a DTEK as one PKB is enough at one time. I still use an old Z3 and Q5 on WiFi just for CrackBerry but their is no way I could back to my Z30 or Passport for daily use. It's not just the app gap. 10.3.2 seems to have a few issues and 10.3.3 sounds like it's not worth the risk of bricking the phone. BB10 was a fun OS but Android with BlackBerry is close enough feel to BB10 and I'm not wasting time on patches and prayers...
    05-10-17 02:22 PM
    To explain to you why the BB10.3.3 OS is so powerful and non replaceable in my case I would have to write a 2 page article. In my case it is fast, stable and offers a very reliable interface when remotely accessing my laptop. There the wide screen of the PP and the QWERTY keyboard play an important roll.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 02:42 PM
    To explain to you why the BB10.3.3 OS is so powerful and non replaceable in my case I would have to write a 2 page article. In my case it is fast, stable and offers a very reliable interface when remotely accessing my laptop. There the wide screen of the PP and the QWERTY keyboard play an important roll.

Posted via CB10
    With PRIV, I don't need remote access, I just use the phone instead of laptop. If particular task requires laptop use, I'll use my laptop. The cloud integrates both devices.
    05-10-17 02:47 PM
    It really depends on what you do. I work with several platforms and servers and have three computers running 24/7 in different locations. Remote access for me is mandatory. Also anyone who has worked with applications built in Excel knows spreadsheets are just better on the Passport. The PRIV is a great device too, and saves me when I need to do 2 or 3 things I can't do on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 02:51 PM
    It really depends on what you do. I work with several platforms and servers and have three computers running 24/7 in different locations. Remote access for me is mandatory. Also anyone who has worked with applications built in Excel knows spreadsheets are just better on the Passport. The PRIV is a great device too, and saves me when I need to do 2 or 3 things I can't do on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Seems to me, a Surface Pro or some other Android hybrid tablet would be more efficient. IOS or Android both seem to be further ahead of the curve with solutions like you describe. KEYone seems to offer Passport size while dumping BB10 for Android.
    05-10-17 03:00 PM
    A Surface Pro doesn't fit in my pocket. In my experience iOS is a disaster when it comes to integration, never ever going back to that platform. Android's interface is not as clean as the one I get on BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 03:06 PM
    I was taking pictures for a client, at the end of the session she wanted to call an Uber... But her battery died right then and there (mid afternoon); I had to use my Passport (with 75% battery left) and Uber luckily worked through the browser... The best phone is the one available when you need it.
    05-10-17 04:15 PM
    I also bought a new passport se recently, used to own one before then sold it. It's such an awesome device and fulfills all my needs and tasks, that's why I don't see a reason to jump to another device. Also I used to own a Priv and even though it worked fluently for me, the PP SE works better for my needs. Be happy about your device OP
    Mine runs fluently and I just love this screen and the keyboard. I do need some android apps though and luckily all apps which I need being a student are functional and runs smoothly on my PP. Also the scrolling function works in every android app I'm using.
    In conclusion: I'm a happy camper

Posted via my PP SE
    05-10-17 04:30 PM
    Double post
    05-10-17 04:30 PM
    As long as your eyes are wide open as to functionality and possible reduction in functionality in the future due to changing requirements outside of OS control its not crazy for buying a second device.
    05-10-17 04:37 PM
    I am enjoying my Passport and considering selling the Priv but not considering the k1 at all...
    05-10-17 05:07 PM
    OP, I don't think you're crazy. After having priv, and dtek series, passport is much better phone. Priv is lag crazy and older passport is smooth like silk after all these years.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-10-17 05:53 PM
43 12