I've had some success with my banking webpage using stock browser in desktop mode or using Qbrowser works well so I've made all my bookmarks for banking, Facebook, instagram etc...

The Passport was a marvel and wonder if we will ever see it again reincarnate.
    If a passport variant is ever in the works, It will peak my interest quickly and knowing androids OS would be the software, which wouldn't be the Passport of old on bb10 but I would definitely try it out to say the least. The screen ratio that is used for the Passport will need a lot of convincing in order for Google to say "Yes, build it!"

 Blackberry Passport
    Last edited by sesp9; 12-11-18 at 05:18 PM.
    12-11-18 05:02 PM
    The screen ratio that is used for the Passport will need a lot of convincing in order for Google to say "Yes, build it!"
    You mean for app developers to say "Ok, we'll bother coding for this 1:1 aspect ratio"
    12-11-18 07:36 PM
    You mean for app developers to say "Ok, we'll bother coding for this 1:1 aspect ratio"
    That is correct with my fingers crossed.

 Blackberry Passport
    12-11-18 08:29 PM
    That is correct with my fingers crossed.

 Blackberry Passport
    Oh sesp...I'm totally with you on the Passport but there is no chance in hell Google will build a device with a similar form factor.

I doubt very much any Android device manufacturer will do so, but Google definitely will not...nor will they go out of their way to support such a device.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 09:05 PM
    Oh sesp...I'm totally with you on the Passport but there is no chance in hell Google will build a device with a similar form factor.

I doubt very much any Android device manufacturer will do so, but Google definitely will not...nor will they go out of their way to support such a device.

Posted via CB10
    It is similar with the bold 9900. Such a fantastic device, pocketable and still in use today, with its own fan base. To revive that device build would be interesting since there is some traction for an iphone se 2 edition. The Passport design could very well be back in 5 or 10 years but for now it is unlikely. Only one can dream. OS 10 will be missed!

 Blackberry Passport
    Last edited by sesp9; 12-11-18 at 09:50 PM.
    12-11-18 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    With newly supported foldable screens I would not be so sure about that.

Not sure anyone said Google would build a Passport variant but if anyone did it would be welcomed. Realistically the only manufacturers that would are the ones that are currently in the game with Blackberry.
    Time will tell and fingers crossed.

"Hope is what rebellions are built on"
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-11-18 10:03 PM
    With newly supported foldable screens I would not be so sure about that.

Not sure anyone said Google would build a Passport variant but if anyone did it would be welcomed. Realistically the only manufacturers that would are the ones that are currently in the game with Blackberry.
    Time will tell and fingers crossed.

"Hope is what rebellions are built on"
    Rebel scum. 😉
    12-11-18 10:40 PM
    Rebel scum.
    Ha! Well played, sir.
    12-12-18 12:56 AM
    Ressurected my old Passport whilst my Sony is in for repair. Love the keyboard, swiping, so nice and so distinctive. One reason I went Sony as they look a little different. Still love this phone the screen, the keyboard. Pity it's signal function died. Outside mine is intermittent for cellular and data, inside it's wifi only!
    Also miss my white Z10 probably my fave mobile so far! Though would have loved a red passport.

Swiped on my Passport!
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-14-18 01:27 AM
    Have mine on standby in case my ketone gets hit by a train or a piano falling from a high building.
    12-14-18 07:03 AM
    I know that BlackBerry never was very informative (or informative at all) about sales numbers, but I wonder if the Passport did well in it's time. I always had the impression that it sell decently, but that might not be correct.

If it wasn't because of the "app gap" I would be rocking my SE today for sure. Nowadays it rest in his charging dock just as an email and calendar notifier
    12-14-18 07:53 AM
    True

Posted via CB10
    12-14-18 12:34 PM
    I'll probably use my PP in its cradle charger as long as it lasts, as I can't see any new phone being better at night mode and alarm. I notice now that my browser goes blank on certain pages more than before (nfl.com/scores) but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm sure I'll get a good look at TCL's 2019 offerings before I consider switching phones. It's not a no-brainer for me that I'll go Android. Not a Google fan.
    stevealicious84 likes this.
    12-14-18 05:47 PM
    Passport is cool if you just want to reminsce, but the app game and father time have made it a phone you just use on WiFi or hotspot

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-14-18 06:16 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would make bb10 OS and Passport design open source so hope would reign for someone to pick it up so it would not end up in TVs or refrigerators like Palm/WebOS.
    12-16-18 05:58 AM
    I know that BlackBerry never was very informative (or informative at all) about sales numbers, but I wonder if the Passport did well in it's time. I always had the impression that it sell decently, but that might not be correct.

If it wasn't because of the "app gap" I would be rocking my SE today for sure. Nowadays it rest in his charging dock just as an email and calendar notifier
    From what I know the sale of the Blackberry Passport from Wikipedia stated:
    "Within 6 hours, 258,000 Passports were sold, and pre-order stock on both Amazon and BlackBerry's websites was sold out within 6 hours back in 2014". Now the overall sales figure today is anyone's guess. Maybe 500,000-800,000?

 Blackberry Passport
    12-16-18 08:40 AM
    From what I know the sale of the Blackberry Passport from Wikipedia stated:
    "Within 6 hours, 258,000 Passports were sold, and pre-order stock on both Amazon and BlackBerry's websites was sold out within 6 hours back in 2014". Now the overall sales figure today is anyone's guess. Maybe 500,000-800,000?

 Blackberry Passport
    I still think the KEY devices outsold the Passport, the form factor (and OS) are more approachable for slabbers
    12-16-18 09:53 AM
    I still think the KEY devices outsold the Passport, the form factor (and OS) are more approachable for slabbers
    This is probably true since the KEY devices are operated with Androids OS and is widely used more than BB10, which some never even heard of and we who love the BB10 OS know eventually will be obsolete I think though the form factor of a Passport type device, will be acceptable in the near future. Sometime in 2019, Samsung's foldable LCD phone will make its debut, which from what I read will be priced at $1800! This will turn many consumers off including myself but the form factor will be like a Passport. If TCL builds a Passport like device with a pkb at a reasonable price ($600/$800) maybe the slabbers might want to try something different because now it will be on Androids OS. Again, the aspect ratio, which I prefer might finally be accepted by developers and a TCL Passport will be reborn!

 Blackberry Passport
    the_boon likes this.
    12-16-18 10:43 AM
    This is probably true since the KEY devices are operated with Androids OS and is widely used more than BB10, which some never even heard of and we who love the BB10 OS know eventually will be obsolete I think though the form factor of a Passport type device, will be acceptable in the near future. Sometime in 2019, Samsung's foldable LCD phone will make its debut, which from what I read will be priced at $1800! This will turn many consumers off including myself but the form factor will be like a Passport. If TCL builds a Passport like device with a pkb at a reasonable price ($600/$800) maybe the slabbers might want to try something different because now it will be on Androids OS. Again, the aspect ratio, which I prefer might finally be accepted by developers and a TCL Passport will be reborn!

 Blackberry Passport
    Honestly, I'll be interested in anything other than "yet another slab of glass".
    sesp9 and The_Passporter like this.
    12-16-18 04:58 PM
    ...bought a spare parts one so that I could replace a few parts to make mine back to near new condition...working like a champ, pulled the SIM from my Keyone, and put it back on the Passport...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    Last edited by HabsFan9860; 12-16-18 at 10:34 PM.
    12-16-18 06:22 PM
    ...bought a spare parts one so that I could replace a few parts to make mine back to near new condition...working like a champ, pulled the SIM and put it back on the Passport...

I'm wondering where you recommend for an official BlackBerry battery or where you bought your parts for?

My Passport still runs like a charm, knock on wood. I would like to keep the device as a back up or second device for messaging and emails but I worry that the battery might not last enough till the end of 2019 when I plan on buying a Key 3.

Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-18 09:12 PM
    I'm wondering where you recommend for an official BlackBerry battery or where you bought your parts for?

My Passport still runs like a charm, knock on wood. I would like to keep the device as a back up or second device for messaging and emails but I worry that the battery might not last enough till the end of 2019 when I plan on buying a Key 3.

Posted via CB10
    OE batteries are hard to come by...even the ones that say they are OE you have to zoom in and inspect pictures (if they have them, say from eBay)...found a lot were either offshore (no thanks) or they overlayed a a picture of the label from an OE on top to look OEM...

I ended up buying another Passport for less than I would have a battery from someone I knew had low hours on theirs...the added bonus of spare parts like keyboard and screen etc...

Unfortunately the motherboard may not be of use unless there is a way to get all my apps transferred to it as a bunch are no longer available.

If I could find a way to do that I'd be right set for a few years.

Long story short lol, is the best parts are from other Passport's...then you KNOW they are OE parts...there are some good sources on eBay or Kijiji/Craigslist...I prefer an actual device to avoid any hassle...at the right price of course....just get yourself a nice tool set with some small bits (magnetic) and a plastic pry tool...can fix just about any issue with those.

12-16-18 10:31 PM
    I did the same thing today. Took my Sim out of my iPhone 10 and threw it in the Ole passport. I'm enjoying the notifications and the hub and of course the smooth awesome experience of BB os10. Not to mention typing swiping and scrolling to my hearts content of the awesome keyboard.
    Unfortunately I will have to go back ti my iphone again by the end of the day but having fun and reminiscing for now.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-17-18 01:02 PM
    I did the same thing today. Took my Sim out of my iPhone 10 and threw it in the Ole passport. I'm enjoying the notifications and the hub and of course the smooth awesome experience of BB os10. Not to mention typing swiping and scrolling to my hearts content of the awesome keyboard.
    Unfortunately I will have to go back ti my iphone again by the end of the day but having fun and reminiscing for now.

Posted via CB10
    Glade to hear you took the good Ole passport out for another spin. I'm still using mine as my main driver now almost two weeks. I have managed and adjusted to the lack of needed apps and using it as you described. That is the reason why I went to apples ios using an iphone X because it is gestured based similar to bb10. Just wish ios had the blackberry hub in their app store. Apples ios has a horrible notification setup, which needs help. This is where the blackberry hub is missed!

 Blackberry Passport
    12-17-18 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I replaced my Passport with an X-Longer batetry from eBay. The phone now has great battery life again.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 01:32 PM
58 123