Hello Passport owners!

It has been awhile since I've been back here but I still read anything about blackberry, OS 10,7 and especially my favorite mobile device, the Passport. I don't like the direction "smartphones" are going these days and miss the simplicity of the good old times of blackberry and their mobile efficient phones. This morning, I just decided to insert my sim card from my annoying iPhone X and reconnect with my Passport. Now I fully understand going into 2019, blackberry 10 OS will end eventually but I want to take one last ride with my Passport and the OS, to enjoy again what a "smartphone" should be like in my opinion. I thank all of you for your input on the Crackberry forums and let us enjoy every moment using what I always considered, the best...The Blackberry Passport!

 Blackberry Passport
    12-06-18 10:25 AM
    Your iPhone X couldn't possibly be further from the Passport in every single aspect.

If you miss the keyboard but want a modern OS, makes more sense to get a KEY2 / LE
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-06-18 10:43 AM
    I share ! nice thought, thank you.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-06-18 11:27 AM
    Your iPhone X couldn't possibly be further from the Passport in every single aspect.

If you miss the keyboard but want a modern OS, makes more sense to get a KEY2 / LE
    I actually miss OS 10 and using a Passport. I will still continue to use my iPhone X and I also have a keyone, which android OS is fine but something is missing. For me, it's for appreciating what blackberry OS 10 was like even it's broken today and using my Passport again while I can.

 Blackberry Passport
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-06-18 11:33 AM
    I barely started using it in 2018 because I missed BlackBerry. So I saw this phone and I love it. It looks and feels like a smartphone and typing on this is excellent. I wish I experienced it in its prime!!! But I'm thankful I got to experience it before the EOL date. Will probably get a Key2 LE later but for now I'm going to enjoy this.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-06-18 03:01 PM
    Miss mine as well. I wish I could type on another phone the way I do on it. There is simply no other OS as intelligent and fluid.
    Often in the mornings I turn my Passport with my coffee and reminisce the good old days and what should have been.
    I'm sorry....i have to go find my kleenex
    12-06-18 03:47 PM
    Hello Passport owners!

It has been awhile since I've been back here but I still read anything about blackberry, OS 10,7 and especially my favorite mobile device, the Passport. I don't like the direction "smartphones" are going these days and miss the simplicity of the good old times of blackberry and their mobile efficient phones. This morning, I just decided to insert my sim card from my annoying iPhone X and reconnect with my Passport. Now I fully understand going into 2019, blackberry 10 OS will end eventually but I want to take one last ride with my Passport and the OS, to enjoy again what a "smartphone" should be like in my opinion. I thank all of you for your input on the Crackberry forums and let us enjoy every moment using what I always considered, the best...The Blackberry Passport!

 Blackberry Passport
    Nothing beats the awesome BlackBerry 10 Passport! It is a beast.
    sesp9 and G_Unit MVP like this.
    12-06-18 06:37 PM
    Miss mine as well. I wish I could type on another phone the way I do on it. There is simply no other OS as intelligent and fluid.
    Often in the mornings I turn my Passport with my coffee and reminisce the good old days and what should have been.
    I'm sorry....i have to go find my kleenex
    I recently had (and then sold) a PPSE that I found locally for cheap and I had the silver KEY2 at the time so I just had to get my hands on the device that inspired its design and...

...boy, I was SLOW on that 3 row PKB.
    12-06-18 06:53 PM
    There is no doubt that it takes some time to get the hang of that keyboard. It took me at least 3 weeks to get good on it.
    12-06-18 07:23 PM
    I recently had (and then sold) a PPSE that I found locally for cheap and I had the silver KEY2 at the time so I just had to get my hands on the device that inspired its design and...

It took me a good two months before I was rocking it. Now even though I've not thrashed on it in a while I can still come back to it and I'm amazed at how fast and accurate I am still.
    I really really hope the KEY3 comes closer to the Passport. I know it's not likely but If they did decide to implement the three rows keyboard I would not mind and with Android PIE moving to gestures while removing the capacitive buttons they could really achieve a good size screen on a physical keyboard. I know not all are in favor but improving the capacitive keyboard accuracy by swiping down to get extra characters, I would be in 100%.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-06-18 07:33 PM
    It took me a good two months before I was rocking it. Now even though I've not thrashed on it in a while I can still come back to it and I'm amazed at how fast and accurate I am still.
    I really really hope the KEY3 comes closer to the Passport. I know it's not likely but If they did decide to implement the three rows keyboard I would not mind and with Android PIE moving to gestures while removing the capacitive buttons they could really achieve a good size screen on a physical keyboard. I know not all are in favor but improving the capacitive keyboard accuracy by swiping down to get extra characters, I would be in 100%.
    If a Key3 happens I would imagine larger 4 row PKB, camera software improvements, PIE implementation. Capacitive PKB will happen. I’ll learn to adjust if offered through AT&T option.
    12-06-18 08:24 PM
    If a Key3 happens I would imagine larger 4 row PKB, camera software improvements, PIE implementation. Capacitive PKB will happen. I’ll learn to adjust if offered through AT&T option.
    3 or 4 rows, all ask is that it be better quality feel and more functional like the Passport. I want to know I pushed a key and spacebar. I want my swipe gestures to work the first time not second or third. I bought one KEYᵒⁿᵉ and two KEY2 's but could not accept the keyboard.

I've never had a issue swiping down on the Passport or wished I had an Alt key. It was a seamless experience and it could be again. Or at least I will always hope there is a chance
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-08-18 at 04:51 PM.
    12-06-18 08:32 PM
    I bought one KEYᵒⁿᵉ and two KEY2 's
    Will you buy three KEY3 's ??
    12-07-18 01:39 AM
    Will you buy three KEY3 's ??
    Yes, three times if necessary lol. Figured I should keep with the pattern
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-07-18 at 04:45 AM.
    12-07-18 04:31 AM
    Yes, three times if necessary lol. Figured I should keep with the pattern
    In the meantime, there's always the LE lol... but I guess the non capacitive makes it a no-go for you right ?
    12-07-18 05:04 AM
    In the meantime, there's always the LE lol... but I guess the non capacitive makes it a no-go for you right ?
    I only came to BlackBerry upon the launch of the Passport. I had ordered it after the third day. The OS and device were user driven, designed so intuitively for communication yet handled Social Media very well.
    Yes for me the next BlackBerry Mobile device will need to encompass all the hardware points of the Passport (hopefully wider than the KEY2) but done well.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-07-18 07:35 AM
    Coffee and BlackBerry...that sounds like a great start to the morning!
    12-07-18 07:56 AM
    People are still saying "that's a really cool phone" when they see my Passport. Surprisingly, they then ask if I know that BlackBerry has a new phone now. It seems fitting name-wise for a Key3 to be a three row model.
    sesp9 and The_Passporter like this.
    12-07-18 11:10 AM
    I only came to BlackBerry upon the launch of the Passport. I had ordered it after the third day. The OS and device were user driven, designed so intuitively for communication yet handled Social Media very well.
    Yes for me the next BlackBerry Mobile device will need to encompass all the hardware points of the Passport (hopefully wider than the KEY2) but done well.
    I’m amazed that you only started with the Passport and forget that always even though I think you mentioned before. I have 14 different unique PKB models from BB going back approximately 15 years. All, except my AT&T Passport, have the standard four row PKB that are mostly also non-capacitive.
    12-08-18 05:20 PM
    I’m amazed that you only started with the Passport and forget that always even though I think you mentioned before. I have 14 different unique PKB models from BB going back approximately 15 years. All, except my AT&T Passport, have the standard four row PKB that are mostly also non-capacitive.
    I'm a power user and and want value for my dollar, so when BlackBerry finally made a phone worth the amount of money they demanded I went for it and gave it a shot. Not just that but my first physical keyboard device. I find it amazing how entrenched I became with it. I could never figure out how everyone typed on those little keyboards lol.
    bbfanfan likes this.
    12-08-18 05:32 PM
    If it was not for the EOL date, I may very well still be on my Passport.
    12-11-18 02:47 PM
    If it was not for the EOL date, I may very well still be on my Passport.
    I'm still using it and now it has become my daily driver. Interesting how I've adjusted to the limitations of certain apps that I need such as banking but now I just either call or a daily email alert on what my remaining balance is. Good to be back.

 Blackberry Passport
    12-11-18 03:37 PM
    I'm still using it and now it has become my daily driver. Interesting how I've adjusted to the limitations of certain apps that I need such as banking but now I just either call or a daily email alert on what my remaining balance is. Good to be back.

 Blackberry Passport
    I've had some success with my banking webpage using stock browser in desktop mode or using Qbrowser works well so I've made all my bookmarks for banking, Facebook, instagram etc...

The Passport was a marvel and wonder if we will ever see it again reincarnate.
    sesp9 and dmlis like this.
    12-11-18 03:55 PM
    Hello Passport owners!

 Blackberry Passport
    Good for you sesp! Keep rocking that Passport as long as it works for you!

Long live Blackberry 10!

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 and stevealicious84 like this.
    12-11-18 04:13 PM
    For cloud access I use and Android app called X-Plore. Sign into the clouds through the app and you will be able to up and download files.
    sesp9 likes this.
    12-11-18 04:59 PM
58 123