Hey guys! I'd like to get a passport (I currently have android). It seems really good, but I don't know about some apps. Can you help me?

-Facebbok and Messenger (most important, notifications too)
    -Instagram
    -Spotify
    -Ebay
    -WeChat and WhatsApp

I read some things about older apks, Cobalt and whatnot but I'm confused. Can I install these apps? Will they work? If yes, then for how long?
    01-24-17 10:39 AM
    There are apps or workarounds for all those apps but really, at this point, if you are big into apps and you want them to run fast and seamless, I would not recommend a BB10 device. This is me, a Passport lover saying this. I don't need or use a lot of android apps so the device is fantastic (still) for me. Just my opinion. If you don't mind spending the money, and want to check it out, go ahead but keep your expectations low and be prepared to do some fiddling around to get stuff working.
    There are apps or workarounds for all those apps but really, at this point, if you are big into apps and you want them to run fast and seamless, I would not recommend a BB10 device. This is me, a Passport lover saying this. I don't need or use a lot of android apps so the device is fantastic (still) for me. Just my opinion. If you don't mind spending the money, and want to check it out, go ahead but keep your expectations low and be prepared to do some fiddling around to get stuff working.
    buwee likes this.
    01-24-17 10:44 AM
    Given the importance social media app/messengers have to you it would be difficult to recommend the Passport or any BB10 device. Compatibility issues with the aging runtime, locked into 4.3, are only going to increase as time moves on. Eventually, even the workarounds are going to fail or be so troublesome to maintain its not going to be worth the effort.
    01-24-17 12:29 PM
    If there isnt a native bb10 app for it, dont count on it working now, and if it does work now, dont count on it working forever. Its that simple. That doesnt mean they won't work, or work well. you just cant put assurance in it. I love the passport, i think it's the greatest phone that's ever been produced. But the android run-time on it is severely crippled, and as time goes on, the lack of play services is its largest downfall. Yes, you can make it work, but these folks are right, if its that important to you, dont bother.

The priv or a dtek or the new mercury (when it shows up) is a better choice if these are critical for ou
    01-24-17 12:39 PM
    Plenty useful app's nothing to worry about

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-24-17 01:41 PM
    Wish I had the spare cash to get a passport as blackberry are doing a good deal at the moment I might get a passport! But what about those apps?-screenshot_20170124-210020.jpg
    01-24-17 03:04 PM
    For Facebook, messenger and instagram, you can access via browser, they work great on browser unlike android or ios. However if you do need apps for all those, you can consider paying around $10 for Face10, messenger pro and inst10 by nemorystudio. They are good apps and integrated into the hub so you can get notifications to keep up with your friends. Im not recommending installing the apk for those because I have tried and totally disappointed, all I got is excessive heating and battery drains, other is those apk are not made for BlackBerry devices so it will be damn lagging.

For spotify you can download apk version 1.7 on apk mirror, wechat and whatsapp are there on BlackBerry world and they are somewhat as good as those on app store and google play store. I dont think you should install the cobalt things, since it does drain battery and not giving the best user experience. Wish you get the device soon and enjoy it. All d best to you bro.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 01:30 AM