I have been on Verizon forever and since my company pays for my phones... Verizon it is... But a few months ago, they gave the option of T-Mobile or Verizon. Now that I am free to try any GSM unlocked phone I am thinking about getting a Passport.

Is that a good move at this point? I have always loved the form factor and I loved BB10 as a work device. I have had the Classic but have gone away to Iphones and other Androids. I currently have an Iphone 6s+, SE, Alcatel Idol 3, Blu Vivo XL, and Droid Turbo 2... obviously I am not using them all at once. I have my main number in the Alcatel Idol 3 right now.

Basically is the Passport worth it at this point or has that ship sailed?
    07-10-16 06:06 AM
    That will depend on what you need a phone to do, and since you failed to state that it hard to give you any sound advice.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-10-16 11:17 AM
    I have always loved the form factor and I loved BB10 asa work device. I have had the Classic but have gone away to Iphones and other Androids.
    Looks like you already have the answer.

I'd imagine that the Passport can survive for another year.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-10-16 11:19 AM
    They will let you use T-Mobile, but does it have the same coverage in your area?

But it is clear that you don't stick with anything long and the money would mean nothing... so what's to loose, give it a try
    07-10-16 11:30 AM
    I have been on Verizon forever and since my company pays for my phones... Verizon it is... But a few months ago, they gave the option of T-Mobile or Verizon. Now that I am free to try any GSM unlocked phone I am thinking about getting a Passport.

Is that a good move at this point? I have always loved the form factor and I loved BB10 as a work device. I have had the Classic but have gone away to Iphones and other Androids. I currently have an Iphone 6s+, SE, Alcatel Idol 3, Blu Vivo XL, and Droid Turbo 2... obviously I am not using them all at once. I have my main number in the Alcatel Idol 3 right now.

Basically is the Passport worth it at this point or has that ship sailed?
    I would give it a try. It is a great phone, great form factor and you can always just roll back to one of your many devices if needed. I use both a Passport and an iPhone 6 as my main phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 02:50 PM
    Probably more important that you make sure TMO coverage is as good as VZ for all the areas that you will use phone. Get a TMO sim card and try in a compatible phone first.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-10-16 02:54 PM
    I think it's still absolutely worth it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-10-16 05:07 PM
    They will let you use T-Mobile, but does it have the same coverage in your area?

But it is clear that you don't stick with anything long and the money would mean nothing... so what's to loose, give it a try
    T-Mobile works great in my area... As far as the money, I issue these phones to employees after I am done playing with them. I am not either rich or stupid! LOL
    07-10-16 06:54 PM
    Probably more important that you make sure TMO coverage is as good as VZ for all the areas that you will use phone. Get a TMO sim card and try in a compatible phone first.

I have the T-Mobile Sim in the Alcatel and the 6S+ and the coverage is actually much better. I was very surprised by that
    07-10-16 06:55 PM
    That will depend on what you need a phone to do, and since you failed to state that it hard to give you any sound advice.
    I use if business mostly.. Emails, Texts, LOTS of phone calls (Over 2000 minutes per month. I don't need that many apps. I will keep another device to play with.
    07-10-16 06:57 PM
    I use if business mostly.. Emails, Texts, LOTS of phone calls (Over 2000 minutes per month. I don't need that many apps. I will keep another device to play with.
    Well than a Passport will fit your needs.
    07-10-16 07:06 PM
    Passport is a great phone but does not offer what the Priv does from an app standpoint.

RobertP1 likes this.
    07-10-16 09:19 PM
    If you don't care about apps, it's great. Productivity is key. Since you already have other phones that can help deal with the app gap when needed, I would say the passport is a good choice.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-10-16 09:38 PM
    One thing's for sure. You will love reading and typing emails on the huge screen.

Posted via CB10
    keliew, skinnymike1 and RobertP1 like this.
    07-11-16 12:37 PM
    There no better phone out there for those needs. I use a lot of emails, texting, calling and this thing meant to work. I can't live without Passport. I tried iphones 6s, Samsung s7 and none of those can do emailing texting as good as Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 01:02 PM
    Another feature that blew my mind recently is how the phone auto dials in a room or extension number automatically if it's set up in a calendar. I dialed in for a conference call and was ready to enter the meeting number and it just started dialing itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 01:11 PM
    Passport is the choice! Try it! And in tmo lte network u will have exellent network coverage

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-11-16 01:13 PM
    Keep in mind Passport on Tmob doesn't have Band 12 which Tmob uses for new coverage areas so you won't get as good signal as other Tmob branded phones. If you already get great Tmob coverage then not as big a deal but if you travel alot it could be an issue.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-11-16 01:23 PM
    If you enjoyed the Classic, aren't overly concerned about apps and just want another phone with the BlackBerry 10 OS, then you should definitely buy one.
    outlawglamour and RobertP1 like this.
    07-11-16 10:23 PM
    Keep in mind Passport on Tmob doesn't have Band 12 which Tmob uses for new coverage areas so you won't get as good signal as other Tmob branded phones. If you already get great Tmob coverage then not as big a deal but if you travel alot it could be an issue.
    I didn't know that.... I have to find out about that ..... Thank you!!
    07-12-16 07:02 PM
    The Passport will be a good addition to your repituar

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-13-16 12:19 AM