Hello Passport users. I have had a Q10 since the day it came out and I love it. However in a few months I was thinking of trying out the Passport.

My question is, how do you carry that beast? I slip my Q10 in my pocket and go. I can't imagine doing that with a Passport. Is it crazy to put it in your pocket? Do you have to carry it in your hand or a holster because of its size?
    Just trying to get an idea what it will be like to own one.

Thanks folks

Always on my Q10!
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    11-19-15 08:43 PM
    I just put it in my back pocket and go just don't sit with it.

Blackberry Passport
    11-19-15 08:45 PM
    I keep mine in my back pocket, but I'll sometimes slip it into my front pocket as well. You get used to the size, which in the scheme of things, isn't much larger.

Passport - 5" H x 3.56" W
    Q10. - 4.71" H x 2.63" W

The Passport is less than 1" wider and about three a quarter of an inch taller.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    11-19-15 08:49 PM
    I carry mine in a holster. I absolutely love my Passport.

Posted via my incredible Passport
    11-19-15 08:51 PM
    Front Pocket. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    11-19-15 08:54 PM
    I had Q10, and totally love my Passport. The size is perfect. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 08:56 PM
    I carry it in my front pocket in a pocket pouch. Never an issue. You will love the Passport.
    11-19-15 08:59 PM
    Front pocket or jacket pocket. No issues.
    11-19-15 09:00 PM
    I wear jeans mainly and it will fit in the front pockets but it's cumbersome and uncomfy. So I have resorted to keeping my left back pocket empty so I just slide my passport in and out that. As said above it then becomes entertain for other folk to watch you as you go to sit on a stool and then suddenly feel the passport touch the stool as you are mid sit-down and try to elevate all your weight from the phone and standing back up so the passport is regularly in hand, on table or in the dashboard shelf in the car when it's not in back pocket. Also I land up using my jacket pocket for it more.
    For comparison I used to always carry my z10 and z30 in my front pockets of jeans.... scratch that I used to carry every single mobile phone I've had in my front pockets of my jeans and never the back pocket but then this is a different phone and exactly twice as wide as my old Sony ericsson which I used to think was the perfect phone 10 years ago
    I love this passport and more over I love bb10 so I was quite happy to work around and eventually get used to the size of the phone in my pockets.

Posted via CB10
    NC12 likes this.
    11-19-15 09:05 PM
    I have the original black Passport, so there's a chance there are more case choices than if you have the SE or AT&T models...

I use a Seidio Suface case with holster. Does a really good job. Just clip is into the belt clip and keep on moving. I also considered the BlackBerry swivel holster, which was around $100 or so when it first came out, but it looked a little bit too unwieldy to use.
    11-19-15 09:10 PM
    I have the original black Passport, so there's a chance there are more case choices than if you have the SE or AT&T models...

I use a Seidio Suface case with holster. Does a really good job. Just clip is into the belt clip and keep on moving. I also considered the BlackBerry swivel holster, which was around $100 or so when it first came out, but it looked a little bit too unwieldy to use.
    11-19-15 09:10 PM
    Had Q10 also! Was worried about making the change @ first! Would never go back to the Q! Screen to tiny to me now! Try Passport for a full week and never go back! Haha.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:11 PM
    Feels comfortable in the front pocket of my jeans. I never keep anything other than my wallet in the rear pocket so can't comment on that.
    Otherwise, it feels best when it's in my suit jacket.

Worst place I've ever placed it is front pocket of dress pants, looks and feels terrible.
    11-19-15 09:18 PM
    The Passport will fit in any jacket pocket or shirt pocket without issues. It has the same size of its namesake so it will fit in most normal pockets. However trouser's front pockets can be uncomfortable and rear pockets risky (for any phone really).
    IMO is always safer to carry it in a jacket/shirt.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    11-19-15 09:18 PM
    Thanks folks. Defiantly leaning towards the passport

Always on my Q10!
    11-19-15 09:43 PM
    I put my passport at the front pocket with naked. Thx to the slim design. If I am about to go somewhere where may be rough, I put it in a factory hard case or a self hand made leather pouch to protect potential risks of dropping. Just get a passport with decent price they have now while you can, stop worrying, and enjoy productive life without regret.

BlackBerry Passport BLK
    11-19-15 09:46 PM
    Front pocket, just like any other BlackBerry smartphone I've ever used. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    11-19-15 10:23 PM
    Front pocket. It's big, but thin, so I don't have any issues with it. There are larger phones out there, so I don't see why everybody is so freaked out because of its size. Ever tried to fit an Xperia Ultra in your pocket? Now that's massive.

Posted via my Black Passport
    11-20-15 01:53 AM
    I mainly carry my OG Passport with a swivel belt holster. Sometimes I use a flip case and put it in the inside pocket of my leather jacket. I don't pocket the PP in my jeans or the front pocket of a shirt, it's ridiculous and heavy. It is intentionally built and meant to be carried with a holster and/or a flip case in the inside pocket of a jacket.

Why flip case? So the screen won't get activated unintentionally. It's that sensitive.

Oh, I also have a Q10. That one I could pocket anywhere without problem, but still with a flip case. Oft times, though, I use a swivel leather holster and clip it on my pants.
    11-20-15 04:18 AM
    Front pocket. Jeans and when I'm at work, a suit. Zero problem. No it's not bulky at all. Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:21 AM
    Hello Passport users. I have had a Q10 since the day it came out and I love it. However in a few months I was thinking of trying out the Passport.

My question is, how do you carry that beast? I slip my Q10 in my pocket and go. I can't imagine doing that with a Passport. Is it crazy to put it in your pocket? Do you have to carry it in your hand or a holster because of its size?
    Just trying to get an idea what it will be like to own one.

Thanks folks

Always on my Q10!
    Just goes straight in the pocket... and I usually wear skinny jeans

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 04:22 AM
    Thanks folks. Defiantly leaning towards the passport

Always on my Q10!
    What exactly are you defying as you lean toward it? The q10 I guess?

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 04:24 AM
    Front pocket. And am usually wearing jeans.
    11-20-15 04:28 AM
    It fits anywhere easily it's not really as big as people say. I had a Sony z ultra, same width but about 2 inches taller than passport and that is something you have to be careful with when carrying. Just get one

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:32 AM
    No problem at all with a suit -- plenty of room in the front pocket. For casual wear, I tend toward cargo pants.

If I just need a smaller phone, I will forward calls to my Bold. Perfect for bike rides (the Passport won't fit in my seat pouch), trips to the gym, or other times when I don't need BlackBerry 10 awesomeness. I got the idea from a friend of mine, who also rocks an SE, but keeps an iPhone 5 for the same reasons.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    harishbenne likes this.
    11-20-15 05:10 AM
46 12