02-09-15 10:18 AM
56 123
tools
    Ladies and gents,

oh it's true, it's true!

I am soon pulling the trigger on a BlackBerry Passport. As some loyal and fun users know, I am having a sickness: I must buy a new smartphone-syndrome.

I do rock a Q10 and I just love it. I am very proud owning a Blackberry.

Just 2 days ago, we were invited in an engagement and we had a great night. Of course, many made videos or took photos with their smartphones. And many lied on the tables. You see the regular glass slabs. And made some discreet messaging and decided to put my Q10 also on the table. And damn it, I had a huge smile. It just looked great. The black device, professional and very serious on a table with with blankets. I was unique.

And here we go! 2015 is time for something new.

Since 7 weeks I am going to bed watching Youtube videos of Passport reviews! And then I said: You must pull the trigger. Regardless of the advantage of a Q10. And even when 10.3.1. will come out, I need something new. Something bigger, more unique and better power specs!

I will make a lot of business and need this device. The big battery must be something great. I wonder how it is to type long emails.

I was also thinking about the Classic. But I have seen that it has the same specs like my Q10. Don't get me wrong, I am not the spec freak. But the Q10 is from 2013. And when you bring out a device for 2015, you can't do that. Although I dig the toolbelt.

So I will get the Passport. The design itself is a masterpiece!

So, that's my call!

I will post here when everything is said and done!
    Hulk123, nglfmark, alan510 and 7 others like this.
    01-19-15 07:44 PM
    Do it!!!! You won't regret it! Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:08 PM
    Do it!!!! You won't regret it! Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I am checking even the official BB video, reviews, etc. The design is sick! It would fit my personbality not having a "mass phone" like any other brand.

I am very very excited!!!!
    01-19-15 08:52 PM
    I came from a q10 as well just remember it'll be an adjustment in your pockets. Other than that it's an awesome device and definitely a powerhouse!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:02 PM
    I came from a q10 as well just remember it'll be an adjustment in your pockets. Other than that it's an awesome device and definitely a powerhouse!

Posted via CB10
    I read that you don't want to go back to the Q10 when you have a Passport. Very fascinating fact.
    I am ready for the passport!
    01-19-15 09:05 PM
    Great!
    Go for Black
    Do post some pics of you Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:13 PM
    Great!
    Go for Black
    Do post some pics of you Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I will!

I want to keep this device for a long time. More than a year hopefully!
    01-19-15 09:15 PM
    Yo yo wth how come you're always trying to be the "first" poster but you don't wanna be an early adopter? ;p

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-19-15 09:23 PM
    Change the "may" for "will" on your title and don't look back! The Passport is a truly awesome device, a unique smartphone, not just another slab in the bunch!

My suggestion is also to get a case and screen protector right away. At least in my case, down here in Mexico there are no Passport accesories available so I had to order online. I've been rocking it naked for almost three weeks and as much as I love how it feels, hope to get it's protective case soon.

Congratulations and enjoy such truly unique device!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-19-15 09:34 PM
    Yo yo wth how come you're always trying to be the "first" poster but you don't wanna be an early adopter? ;p

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    LOL, because I am the FIRSTmaster

Well, I can't buy every smartphone from BB when it comes out. I only jump when I need the need. I was and I am still happy with Q10. But the Passport just caught my interest!

I remember when the first leaked photo came out here. Everybody thought it was ugly. Well, seeing it now just makes me wanna grab ASAP! I guess I am doing the right thing, when I get the Passport. I feel that it is matched for me. LOL
    01-19-15 09:34 PM
    Change the "may" for "will" on your title and don't look back! The Passport is a truly awesome device, a unique smartphone, not just another slab in the bunch!

My suggestion is also to get a case and screen protector right away. At least in my case, down here in Mexico there are no Passport accesories available so I had to order online. I've been rocking it naked for almost three weeks and as much as I love how it feels, hope to get it's protective case soon.

Congratulations and enjoy such truly unique device!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Thanks sir. I love your avatar! Serious business. No candy crash!

I will get some protection. I never rock my BBs naked. Always with a holster. Sadly BB don't sell a holster. And this belt clip leather thing for 800 bucks is not my cup of coffee. but there is a great thread where you can buy a leather holster knock off which I recommend. But First i will buy BB case! I guess it makes sense! Don't want to have scratches!

And yes! I will make a "will"! Thanks for the support, Sir!
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-19-15 09:36 PM
    Since 7 weeks I am going to bed watching Youtube videos of Passport reviews! And then I said: You must pull the trigger.
    I did the same thing before pulling the trigger. The Passport has reduced my Nexus 10 tablet time too.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:53 PM
    Go for the vaja agenda case I have mine on the way!!!! Super sexy and will look awesome on your passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:53 PM
    I have seen hundred times passport unboxing videos and keep feeling a pleasurable sensation.... unboxing syndrome maybe... congrats on your decision and welcome to the exclusive club of passporters..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-19-15 10:17 PM
    I just switched from the Q10 to the passport about an hour ago! Get it, it is one sexy beast of a machine. I took it into AT&T to get the nano sim for it. I had to stop the guy from trying to rip the back of the phone off. He had no clue where the sim card was supposed to go. I basically just asked him to setup the sim and I put the phone together.

The other salesmen/women could give two craps about the phone, but people there looking to buy were eyeballing the phone the whole time. I have to say the square version looks more serious than the rounded At&t version. GET IT, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
    01-19-15 10:33 PM
    I have the Red Passport and absolutely love it! Had been on Android and Windows devices since the launch of iPhone years ago, and before that owned a Blackberry Pearl. This is my first BlackBerry device in sometime and I must say it is my favorite device of all time!! Hopefully in a few years they'll still be available so I can just buy a replacement Red device when this one is ready to give up, but I honestly can't see that happening with the way Passports perform!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:07 AM
    You mentioned unique. The Passport is definitely going to make you standout. I love it when I put my phone on a table along with other phones, people would be shocked and awed. I love seeing peoples reactions. I carry my Passport with confidence and it shows and that is why people don't dare say bad things about Blackberry anymore when I'm present.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-20-15 12:58 AM
    lmao. that is exactly what i have been doing these past 2-3 weeks, watching passport videos. the last i watched was one by erica griffin. im going to get the passport this weekend or on monday....and nothing can stop me. hehehe
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-20-15 05:22 AM
    Passport? Men, it's awesome. Passport were have you been all my life ;-)
    It is just an amazing device. Coming from a Z10 and then a Z30. Never thought that I would have a qwerty keyboard again. But the screensize is just perfect and the tough enable keyboard is just great. The combination of scrolling with the keyboard and reading on the screen is fantastic and the wordprediction and flipping the words and great. Despite that there are only 3 suggestions it is better then on the virtual keyboard.
    You will not regret it and after a few days of learning curve (the onscreen 4 row and the shift key isn't at its usual place I pressed the Z a lot in the beginning ;-)) all other phones are small and don't male sense
    Oh and I just found out about shortcuts. Press T in example Twitter and I'm at the top of the screen instead of scrolling like a madman. And with 10.3.1 you can set custom shortcuts for any app. (for a virtual keyboard guy like me that feature is very handy)

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-20-15 06:17 AM
    I concur with the rest of the guys on this thread. And like the main poster who obsessed with youtube reviews and tests I took the plunge and got a passport. A lifetime of iphones have finally bored me. So I may be bias here being only 24 hrs into my BlackBerry internship, but this passport is awesome. Only scratched the surface of its potential so far. But safe to say I'm very happy with my purchase.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:05 AM
    I came from non BlackBerry background and saw the passport ads. Soon I was making enquiries with local telco but non have stocks not to mention sample sets.

I chanced upon it during IT show and was toying with it for almost half an hour. Immediately I went to queue for the set and never look back. It is so awesome and steady. I have been using it for past 3 months and so used to the keypad.

I will always put my BlackBerry Passport on the table during meeting. This is to arouse interest and also show off my BlackBerry passport. Many colleagues will ask and I'll let them play around with. Hopefully I can convert few to use BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:27 AM
    I came from non BlackBerry background and saw the passport ads. Soon I was making enquiries with local telco but non have stocks not to mention sample sets.

I chanced upon it during IT show and was toying with it for almost half an hour. Immediately I went to queue for the set and never look back. It is so awesome and steady. I have been using it for past 3 months and so used to the keypad.

I will always put my BlackBerry Passport on the table during meeting. This is to arouse interest and also show off my BlackBerry passport. Many colleagues will ask and I'll let them play around with. Hopefully I can convert few to use BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Good point! Although I am not into "converting" people. But I also the one who put his BB on the table to make a statement. A statement to show that I am not a sheeple, and it is fun.

I remember when there options and other brands. Nowadays nearly everyone has an Iphone. it's like the only smartphone. It's like you have to wear the same watch or shoes, car, food, because everyone has it!

The Passport is a great statement, that there are other great devices with a tremendous OS. Not only Ios or Droids. Good point!
    01-20-15 09:37 AM
    Okay guys.

As I was out for some days I missed the DHL guy!

THE PASSPORT has arrived and I did pull the trigger!!! ;D

After weeks of nightly Youtube reviews, I said "I need that device for my business!" Adios Q10, welcome Passport!

I will never forget when the first leaked pic of the Passport came out! Seeing the keyboard I asked myself:" How will you type on that thang?"

I am very curious!!!! Tomorrow I will pick it up!

I feel so awesome! This is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-23-15 05:13 PM
    Okay guys.

As I was out for some days I missed the DHL guy!

THE PASSPORT has arrived and I did pull the trigger!!! ;D

After weeks of nightly Youtube reviews, I said "I need that device for my business!" Adios Q10, welcome Passport!

I will never forget when the first leaked pic of the Passport came out! Seeing the keyboard I asked myself:" How will you type on that thang?"

I am very curious!!!! Tomorrow I will pick it up!

I feel so awesome! This is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!
    Awesome news, the typing experience is quite good IMHO, enjoy it!

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    01-23-15 06:13 PM
    Glad you did it You will get used to that really fast. I moved from my Q10 to a PP as well just 3 days ago and I'm already typing really fast on the PP it is more similar to typing on a PC keyboard.
    01-23-15 10:47 PM
56 123