... that I still have it. Sadly it’s lying on my office desk unused, but I do miss using it. I’m one of those guys who moved on to the iPhone X (I tried and did not like the new Android versions of 'Blackberry'). The only thing really missing from the Passport was the apps, sadly, but that’s how things work nowadays, it’s all about apps. I, personally think the X, in today’s world of apps, is the best smartphone money can buy.

The iPhone X can actually be bought used at a very reasonable price right now, and frankly, the newer 'upgrades' in the iPhone world aren’t worth it (I’ve had them, got stolen, long story, back to the original X). AFAIK the iPhone X’ interface was partly designed by some of the developers behind Blackberry OS10 - hence the similarities in how gesture based the GUI is. Surprisingly enough I don’t miss the Hub as much as I thought I would. IOS has really improved since I first got to know it (iPhone 3G). Lots of new features.

Anyway, I’d still just like to give a shout out to my fellow BB OS10 fans out there. Peace ✌️

PS: This all sounded like an iPhone commercial - which it wasn’t supposed to be, but I have used an X(s) for almost 3 years now, which is longer than I’ve ever owned a mobile phone since 1995, lol. However, I’m still very sentimental about the Passport - if it wasn’t for the lack of updated apps I’d still use it.
    Last edited by Barbareren; 07-07-20 at 01:43 AM.
    07-07-20 01:06 AM
    I like iOS as well..... but never heard anything about the designers of the few gestures they added having worked at BlackBerry on BB10. I seriously doubt it.

I've only used iOS for a year, but I can see a number of improvements in the area of privacy.... but Android too has matured a lot in the years since BB10 hit the market.

It is sad that BlackBerry the smartphone company is no more, and that PKB phones in general seem to be a thing of the past. Passport was 100% a very stand out product.
    saint300 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-20 07:05 AM
    My Passport is still a head turner, what is that were can I get one. Then I tell them the back story. What disappointment, followed by wow I would have bought one.
    ots1960 likes this.
    07-08-20 03:31 PM
    My Passport is still a head turner, what is that were can I get one. Then I tell them the back story. What disappointment, followed by wow I would have bought one.
    They were all watching CBC and CTV babbling on about "...troubled cellphone giant Research in Motion...."

I've always wondered how much that smear campaign actually cost.
    Last edited by GordH; 10-22-21 at 01:53 PM.
    07-17-20 02:40 PM