I bought one from Amazon- had to wait to so as not to pay a premium price over the suggested $599. It was well worth it- MyZ10 is a Verizon, but the Passport is GSM- so I decided to get a T-Mobile sim and number(best options for European travel)... No one at the T-Mobile Store had heard of it- the Store manager was even surprised Blackberry was still around- BUT- they all flipped over it ! What should have taken 10 minutes was over 45, as everyone in the store wanted to play with it- and were very impressed- the manager even started playing YouTube videos on Passport use - displaying them on the Stores Big screen for all to see- ITS AN AWSOME phone- and I love it ! It works great on the T-Mobile 4g Network- NO issues-
    10-19-14 07:32 PM
    Just want to ask this because I am contemplating buying Passport as well...

I have a Z10 but only use it to test leaks... My Z30 is my amazing trusted device which I really love.

Anybody out there switched from Z30 to the Passport?
    I am still so content with Z30 that I like to know what are the major daily improvements you experience...

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10 / Z30 10.2.1.2941
    10-19-14 08:35 PM
    Really gets better with time.... becomes more addictive with time... more amazing..... still have a lot to learn but I am enjoying immensely the awesome Passport experience!

Posted via CB10
    You seem a dedicated BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:57 PM
    Just want to ask this because I am contemplating buying Passport as well...

I have a Z10 but only use it to test leaks... My Z30 is my amazing trusted device which I really love.

Anybody out there switched from Z30 to the Passport?
    I am still so content with Z30 that I like to know what are the major daily improvements you experience...

Thanks in advance.

I still have both.

I could say it's the operating system, which went from great in 10.2 to fantastic in 10.3. But 10.3.1 is coming soon, so no advantage there.

I could say it's the battery, because the Passport is truly a beast in this regard. But my Z30 was no slouch, either. Once again, not a serious advantage.

I could say it's the screen, but I'll let you judge for yourself:

I LOVE my Passport!-img_20141019_221428.png
    I LOVE my Passport!-img_20141019_221420.png
    I LOVE my Passport!-img_20141019_221753.png
    I LOVE my Passport!-img_20141019_221757.png

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    10-19-14 09:28 PM
    My Passport and I are One.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:10 PM
    Thanks for that comparison... I agree with your statements about battery life and OS.
    I think battery life on my Z30 is indeed super fine. OS is also very good and, as I read in forums, the new OS upgrade is amazing so that will be interesting to see buzzing away on my Z30 as well...

The screens you show and the amazing difference of read ability is quite stunning on the Passport! That could be a big "win me over" between the two.

What do you feel about the "portability" difference between the two and weighing this up...?

I always like the latest and newest but I must admit that I am so fond of my Z30 that I really need to see compelling advantages.
    As said, I still have the Z10 as well and I loved that form factor as well but going to Z30 was a nobrainer ... I am somehow not sure yet with the PP...

Thanks for your time replying.

10-19-14 11:21 PM
    The screen is absolutely what sold me on it.

I read a lot of documents, especially service manuals, on my phone. Anyone who uses their phone primarily for document handling/creating/viewing, absolutely needs this phone. It's nothing short of revolutionary in that respect.

The touch-sensitive keyboard is another strong point for document handling: cut/copy/paste is suddenly just a task, not an exercise in frustration.

I still think the virtual keyboard on the Z30 is hands-down the world's best.

The portability hasn't been a problem because it's jacket season. That makes for a convenient and safe place to carry it. BlackBerry needs to get a holster done ASAP.

It's definitely a two-handed phone for just about any type of input. The only time it's easy and comfortable to use with one hand is reading. Scrolling a document or web page using the touch-sensitive keyboard is a beautiful thing.

The Z30 is superior for video playback. If you watch Youtube or Netflix a lot on your phone, Z30 ftw.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    Theilio likes this.
    10-20-14 12:21 AM
    Same! Love it more and more every day!
    I agree 100 %
    10-20-14 09:45 AM
    I loved all my phones. But using the Passport is like using your first phone. I can't get enough.

It's a milestone! I've never been more productive!

..posted with my best phone ever! The new BlackBerry Passport! I no longer wait for the Classic. Maybe the BlackBerry slider. ..but the passport is more BlackBerry than ever!
    10-21-14 02:36 PM
34 12