Hi, sorry to start a thread on this, but I just wanted to say how much I love my new phone and am glad to see a nice positive change for BlackBerry.

The phone is just awesome and cool in so many ways.

At first, it was a bit "awkward " and took a few days to get used to, but really, deep down, I fell in love as soon as the box opened and I got to hold it in my hands!

Anyone else??

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    RafiqK, 3800, vaioman and 4 others like this.
    10-19-14 11:47 AM
    Same! Love it more and more every day!
    10-19-14 11:50 AM
    I agree!! It is definitely a great phone. Yep took me a few days to get used to the size and the keyboard..but once I did..I now truly understand why BlackBerry made the decision to go the way they did with this design.

BTW: I fell in love with the screen right away..pure sexiness

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-14 11:53 AM
    I fourth this post.
    Amazing handset that just gets better and better with more use.

Once you get used to the keypad and it loses some of its initial stiffness, it becomes a real pleasure to type on.

Definitely one of my favourite phones ever!

Innovation at its finest!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:56 AM
    Agreed. Great device! Took a couple days to get used to it as you said but everyday is better. Blend on my Surface Pro works great and my iPad is collecting dust. Passport is now my go to device for about everything surrounding communication. Really happy I took a chance on the Passport. It's been the best purchase I've made in a years!

Passport on AT&T
    10-19-14 12:02 PM
    Me too, even though I disliked it after the first hours, I started to like it after three days. Too bad I had to send it back - waiting now for another shop to recieve new stock.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    10-19-14 12:03 PM
    Agreed. Great device! Took a couple days to get used to it as you said but everyday is better. Blend on my Surface Pro works great and my iPad is collecting dust. Passport is now my go to device for about everything surrounding communication. Really happy I took a chance on the Passport. It's been the best purchase I've made in a years!

Passport on AT&T
    sold my nexus 7 since it became redundant/expendable as soon as I got the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:15 PM
    Same as everyone, took a bit of getting the hang of it and still am. But I love the screen. I read lots on my phone so this is perfect. Thank you BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:16 PM
    I am with you 100%. The break in of the keyboard makes a big difference as well as just getting used to it. The not looking and typing has begun! Really it makes my life a lot easier due to some of my email accounts not being able to connect to some ISP, depending on where I am, so my BlackBerry handles all my email needs on the computer as well as mobile with out the headache of setting different servers.

I loved my Z30 as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:44 PM
    Have to admit, I've never been a lover of tiny keyboards. That being said, I've grown to really appreciate it for certain tasks, and it's better than the virtual keyboard on any other operating system that I've used. I still think the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard is the best, and fastest, keyboard ever designed, but the Passport screen has ruined me for any other phone. I simply can't go back!

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    10-19-14 01:06 PM
    Add me to the list.

Cheers

BB for life
    10-19-14 01:11 PM
    Absolutely same feelings with yours!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-14 01:13 PM
    All of these posts just make want to the phone even more. My first blackberry was the curve (8330 I think) then I ventured into the android market only to return it and go back to my curve which I then upgraded to the tour. Then I tried the iphone and hated it. So then I got the white torch and now the white Q10. I really love blackberry and LOVE the keypad! I cannot wait for the white passport! It looks so different and as a teacher I find blackberry devices so useful and professional. All of my students have iphones or androids and when they see my Q10, I must admit I love showing them the features and watching them oooo and aahhh over it. Wait until they see the white passport! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:14 PM
    All of these posts just make want to the phone even more. My first blackberry was the curve (8330 I think) then I ventured into the android market only to return it and go back to my curve which I then upgraded to the tour. Then I tried the iphone and hated it. So then I got the white torch and now the white Q10. I really love blackberry and LOVE the keypad! I cannot wait for the white passport! It looks so different and as a teacher I find blackberry devices so useful and professional. All of my students have iphones or androids and when they see my Q10, I must admit I love showing them the features and watching them oooo and aahhh over it. Wait until they see the white passport! Lol

Posted via CB10
    My second BB was a white Torch 9810 and I loved it.

I'm going to get a Passport as an upgrade from my PlayBook.

I have not seen any one mention this.

I'm now using the Q10 and have a Z10.
    The Q10 works great with my PlayBook.
    Wish that the Playbook could be updated.
    10-19-14 01:43 PM
    After 3 days, luv for this phone growing exponentially after a Z10. What a difference in typing experience ,snappiness and the gorgeous screen and then got to use BB Blend. Way to go BB but u gotta improve the camera like others have alluded.
    Oh btw, don't mind the attention this bad boy is getting out in the wild.
    10-19-14 01:57 PM
    I'm loving my passport as well!

I highly recommend everyone get the BlackBerry Hardshell case to go along with their Passport. I got my hardshell on Friday and it made me fall in love with the Passport even more.

The low profile hardshell case provides a nice snug fit with a premium feel. My passport looks and feels just as good with the case on and the added protection gives me peace of mind.

The hardshell case protects the corners, the back, and the underside of the phone. It also allows you to put the phone facedown on a flat surface without touching the screen which helps u take full advantage of the 'advanced interactions'. It also gives you a bit more texture on the back to improve your grip.

Bonus: the hardshell case comes with a screen protector as well so it really is a no-brainer purchase.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the Passport for a long while :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:00 PM
    Still have some Wifi problems with 10.3 and not only at home but also on other places. I also think the camera software need some inprovements. I also missing more fuctionality on my keyboard like swipping pictures or zoom in or out. I think they rush it.

This said. I love the Phone also but it's like a third marriage. It's not the same as my first love. It must grow and I think BlackBerry will make it better.
    10-19-14 03:18 PM
    I haven't been able to touch type on a phone since like 2007 with my old curve.

Absolutely love my passport.
    10-19-14 03:24 PM
    Still have some Wifi problems with 10.3 and not only at home but also on other places. I also think the camera software need some inprovements. I also missing more fuctionality on my keyboard like swipping pictures or zoom in or out. I think they rush it.

This said. I love the Phone also but it's like a third marriage. It's not the same as my first love. It must grow and I think BlackBerry will make it better.
    I don't think it was rushed. Just because the hardware has further potential doesn't mean it needs to all be materialized before releasing a device. It's actually when users get it in their hand that more ideas start to spring.

And I'm not having any wifi problems, not since I moved on from the Z10 to the Z30 a while ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:25 PM
    Best phone I've ever owned.. it took a few days for the keyboard but now I absolutely love it.. And the comments I get when I am out and about is pretty cool too
    10-19-14 03:30 PM
    Awesome, I love mine too. Still getting used to the keyboard. Wish they added those 2 dimples at letter F and J so you can feel the starting postion of your 2 thumbs.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:41 PM
    I'm fighting to keep it. But the apps thing could prove to be a deal breaker
    10-19-14 04:30 PM
    Love how fast and snappy the Passport is! I have big hands so it's much easier to type on than my Q10. Assistant works well for me too! Seems to stream and work better on T-Mobile too.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:16 PM
    Loving it more by the day as well. The typing experience is definitely a departure from the past, but once you get through the initial learning curve with the new keyboard/virtual rows of keys it truly is an awesome device.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-19-14 05:38 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Really gets better with time.... becomes more addictive with time... more amazing..... still have a lot to learn but I am enjoying immensely the awesome Passport experience!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:22 PM
34 12