Quick Question Guys! Please Reply with this one!

I'm planning to get a blackberry passport silver edition tomorrow. Can I get facebook, Instagram, Twitter and youtube with this one? I believe that I can watch videos on youtube and surf to facebook using the browser but is there an available app that is free for BB10? Thanks.

Follow Up Question: How about the facebook messenger? Is it available? Thanks
    You can use Igrann for Instagram, Facebook Lite or Face Slim for Facebook, Messenger Lite for Facebook Messenger, SuperTube for YouTube, and there is still an official Twitter app.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-24-17 04:20 AM
    It's a great phone. Awkward but great.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. My business partner has an S8 and while I am in awe of many aspects of it, I cannot imagine ever having a better phone in my (admittedly oversized) palm than the PP. It's like an old Merc, built like a dreadnought and gets you from A to B in a style that no other device can match.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-24-17 11:39 AM
    Totally agree. My business partner has an S8 and while I am in awe of many aspects of it, I cannot imagine ever having a better phone in my (admittedly oversized) palm than the PP. It's like an old Merc, built like a dreadnought and gets you from A to B in a style that no other device can match.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. I have priv too. Have to say blackberry did great work to make android too productive. For me productivity tab, swipe shortcuts and shortcuts system in general are great , but nothing compares to passport.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    11-24-17 12:04 PM
    People who just discovered the passport or bb10 and complained should have put their money where their mouth is when bb10 was around instead of hanging onto bbos, BB10 may have had a chances. Buying a phone three years after the company tried to sell you a new OS for 6 yrs and then complained about it is assenine.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-24-17 11:36 PM
    passport is just a great phone it is as near to a tablet as any phone has got so far.So much more could have been done to take it further in the lap top direction.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-25-17 12:57 AM
    passport is just a great phone it is as near to a tablet as any phone has got so far.So much more could have been done to take it further in the lap top direction.
    Check out the KEYone. Seems to have some Passport DNA too. It's BB designed HW.....
    11-25-17 05:45 AM
    People who just discovered the passport or bb10 and complained should have put their money where their mouth is when bb10 was around instead of hanging onto bbos, BB10 may have had a chances. Buying a phone three years after the company tried to sell you a new OS for 6 yrs and then complained about it is assenine.
    Hahaha never read so stupid opinion...sorry.. in my country never was blackberry popular and second today they have many presentations about devices, then they were kings of corporations when android and ios were thinking about peoples that's why I say management killed company with wrong strategy. You must bring your product to customers, not customers must think about your product... bb10 was too late already, that's why it didn't become popular. But with right marketing I think they had chances, to be honest I think they have this chances today too with right management and right marketing politic. Who cares...

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-25-17 06:13 AM
    You made the thread. Not me.. Who cares now.
    11-25-17 02:08 PM
    You made the thread. Not me.. Who cares now.
    I care, many people care who loves blackberry. Don't care management as they earn already money...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 02:51 PM
    I care, many people care who loves blackberry. Don't care management as they earn already money...

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was a money pit that lost billions of dollars.. The Passport was a niche device. If you combine the best attributes of the Passport with current OS, you end up with KEYone. It's not perfect, however, for most people today, it's better.
    11-25-17 03:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should have cared when blackberry was spending a ton of money making and selling BB10... not 5 years later.
    11-25-17 03:35 PM
    You should have cared when blackberry was spending a ton of money making and selling BB10... not 5 years later.
    I think he has a point.
    Personally never heard of BB befor Z30 and P'9982.
    But now I do have passport which in my idea is the best phones that I ever had (before BlackBerry I do had iPhone (5s-6s) and devices from HTC and Google and Samsung)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mojarch; 11-27-17 at 06:39 AM.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-27-17 06:19 AM
    Check out the KEYone. Seems to have some Passport DNA too. It's BB designed HW.....
    Key1 and passport are two different devices. K1 isn't even near to passport. I don't say it's bad device, but not the same quality.

Posted via CB10
    Rallyfia, Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    11-27-17 08:42 AM
    Key1 and passport are two different devices. K1 isn't even near to passport. I don't say it's bad device, but not the same quality.

Posted via CB10
    Hardware quality of the PassPort was great at time.

Software quality of KEYone because of BBAndroid is far superior to any BB10 device including PassPort.

Too many missing parts in the BB10 ecosystem at this point. The KEYone is the closest device you will ever see to PassPort due to Android ecosystem limitations regarding screen.

The BB 8700 was a far more durable piece of hardware at time, but demands changed what's expected from newer devices at time.

In essence, the KEYone is the evolution of the PassPort.......in 2017 because of price and profit constraints for both hardware and software. Like the 8700, the PassPort was great for its time, but time marches forward. BBOS and BB10 did not....
    11-27-17 08:56 AM
    I also love passport and I totally understand how OP feels. I wish BlackBerry had done better job but BlackBerry hardware decision is retired. BlackBerry android is not as unique as bb10 but what can you do now.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-27-17 09:59 AM
    I think he has a point.
    Personally never heard of BB befor Z30 and P'9982.
    But now I do have passport which in my idea is the best phones that I ever had (before BlackBerry I do had iPhone (5s-6s) and devices from HTC and Google and Samsung)

Posted via CB10
    Well BlackBerry did advertise and pushed when it was new... it didn't take. BlackBerry didn't have the money Samsung or Apple does but any more money spent the other two can certainly easily push harder and drown out like they did.
    Crackberry was here pushing as well. Just saying. BlackBerry didn't just put bb10 out and sat back. They did a ton of push on the development side as well and spent a ton of money getting app developer to make apps for BlackBerry. Looks at MS if you want to see how much many it takes and still fail miserably.
    11-27-17 11:03 AM
    Hardware quality of the PassPort was great at time.

Software quality of KEYone because of BBAndroid is far superior to any BB10 device including PassPort.

Too many missing parts in the BB10 ecosystem at this point. The KEYone is the closest device you will ever see to PassPort due to Android ecosystem limitations regarding screen.

The BB 8700 was a far more durable piece of hardware at time, but demands changed what's expected from newer devices at time.

In essence, the KEYone is the evolution of the PassPort.......in 2017 because of price and profit constraints for both hardware and software. Like the 8700, the PassPort was great for its time, but time marches forward. BBOS and BB10 did not....
    I have priv, my 1st BlackBerry device, and after this I bought passport. I think all my next devices will be blackberry. I liked very much priv's android. It's really different from others and helps during work. I think my next blackberry will be k1. Just one question, I don't know much about programming etc, what does mean ecosystem of android when you say ecosystem of bb10 and android.
    Thanks a lot my friend

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 12:07 PM
    I see my previews post is deleted no problem, maybe that post was my mistake...
    Best regards

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 12:11 PM
    And please one more question, are there any chance for bb10 in future?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 12:25 PM
    Ecosystem = app developer + Users based + apps availability + support
    BB10 is no longer being worked on, any release is maintenance(patching critical failures), I doubt there is many, if anyone, is still writing NEW apps for BB10.
    Android has the largest user-based and market share and is backed by Google who has a ton more money than BB. BBAndroid is fully supported and this ecosystem is currently available to any devices. Priv will be supported with this ecosystem until Marshmallow is no longer supported by Google.
    11-27-17 12:28 PM
    And please one more question, are there any chance for bb10 in future?

Posted via CB10
    NO, it is what it is now, no updates coming or features. If you like it the way it is great. Soon, more and more Android apps you can install will dwindle as well that was filling your gap, as Android 4.x is being phased out by Google more and more apps will stop working.
    No one in their right mind will write and app for a handful of users. And no BB10 will never be made public as it has proprietary BB codes that will never be released.. the Playbook would have been a great candidate for this. the HW was still great.
    11-27-17 12:32 PM
    Thanks friend for quick and really clear respond.
    Best regards.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 12:47 PM
    the passport will go down as bb's crowning glory and quite likely the ultimate smartphone. both from a performance/productivity standpoint and an ergonomic/design standpoint. a real powerhouse and a real beauty. unfortunately this is also its obituary. the king is dead. long live the king.

Posted via CBX
    11-27-17 02:00 PM
    the passport will go down as bb's crowning glory and quite likely the ultimate smartphone. both from a performance/productivity standpoint and an ergonomic/design standpoint. a real powerhouse and a real beauty. unfortunately this is also its obituary. the king is dead. long live the king.

Posted via CBX
    I agree! I don't know if there will be another smartphone like passport ever. I love the design, form factor, productivity, best pkb.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 02:07 PM
    I started using 'BOX' after DB was dead. I had to spend money for Box. But I can't leave PP. Have What's app from offcial plus. Working fine with media sharing. I think good to go with PP for few months

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 03:57 PM
76 1234