Within the subforum, why not ;-)

I still need to see more BlackBerry devices in the wild and I feel that it is the same issue as with the Z30.... We feel like an exclusive group, until all the others receive their passports.

I like all BlackBerry phones and yeah... I feel envy from a few of my friends regarding the Passport.... One is sporting a Q5 and he is still faster on his Keyboard than me on this one....

We have 3 different form factors for three different use cases.

Getting another form factor and extending the use case makes you feel amazing....

But don't worry. I get enough ridicule from all my other colleagues, not sporting BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 03:03 PM
    LOL so now passport users are feeling like they are a better class of BlackBerry user than the rest? Is this the start of some BlackBerry infighting or will this settle to have us all just be happy that BlackBerry is seemingly doing the right things lately?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    No, Passport owners are normal people... But there are people than have superman vision and need screens that have impossibly tiny pixels that they can't watch either... Those are superior, the rest of the owners are just normal. I know is impossible for LCD to have the deep blacks Amoleds have, but at least daytime visibility is better on LCD

I don't really care much about the bump in resolution in my passport over my old Q10, but I do miss the deep blacks the Q10 had when I'm using passport in the dark.
    10-06-14 03:17 PM
    Any idea when it's coming to Nigeria? I hope they don't charge too high

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 03:20 PM
    I don't know...... all I know is that Nigeria is the number one place for the Passport.

At least according to Google trends.

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed...-img_20141006_212300.png
    I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed...-img_20141006_212254.png

10-06-14 03:24 PM
    I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed... when I saw that some people are actually offended by this thread.

Seriously, I'm sure the OP didn't intend to offend anyone but just wanted to express his view that the Z30 feels silly to him after using the Passport. Which seems like an important view to express considering all the names the Passport has been called in the past, everything from stupid to fugly. I certainly thought the Passport was ridiculous but was rather intrigued by the screen and the amount of content it could display. I felt like I'd made a big mistake after ordering mine (I'd repeatedly got to check out on the online store and backed out, a nervous decision it was) thinking I'd have to keep my Z10 for when I'm out and about and use the Passport for when I'm at work or home. As I waited for the Passport to arrive swapping between phones depending on where I was going was starting to seem like a real possibility to me. But, when I first opened the box, when I first put it in to my hands, when I first slipped it into my pocket and sat down, when I smashed out that first sentence... that was the moment I knew I'd fallen for the new phone. The moment I new I wouldn't be going back. That Z10 looks really silly now, almost comical...

You can look through my post history and you'll see me ranting about the need for a new all touch flagship and how ridiculous this Passport is going to be... but now I feel the way the OP does. Now don't get me wrong, I still appreciate my old Z10 and the Z30 to the point where I'd almost consider getting a Z30 to complement the Passport... but I have to admit, the Passport seems to be everything I never knew I wanted in a phone.
    10-06-14 03:35 PM
    Some here seem to think so.
    Oh come on, stop being so sensitive.

I was like the op back in April when I bought my Q10 after two years with my 9900. When after 2 days I came back to the 9900, I was like " how the hell I was happy with a such small screen size?!?! " it's just felt ridiculous.

And now, it's the same when I look at the Passport. The Q10 screen size is ridiculous.

What's wrong with that ? Nothing, use the Passport for some days and then came back to your Z30, I bet you will have the same feeling. It's not that the Z30 is a **** device, but Passport screen size is just wonderful.

Deal with it.

Posted via my Q10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-06-14 03:46 PM
    Don't stick-up for the OP. I did not see this as anything but an insult to the Z30 and the people that like and use them. "Glorious new Passport"!!! Now that is a joke.
    So not only are you kind of a jerk for starting this thread in the first place, now you're all smug about it and still don't see that you offended a lot of people unnecessarily. You act like the Passport is the best invention since sliced bread. It's not and a lot of people here love their Z30's and have absolutely no interest in the Passport. So maybe you should have not started this thread in my opinion.
    Man you have got to calm down! The passport may not be the phone for you and you may have attachment issues to technology, but let's not rip on other people here in these forums. He's also not saying the Z30 is a bad phone, because it's not! It's a good phone! But as technology evolutionizes, old tech gets left in the past. The hardware of the Passport is just straight up better and some people prefer this large great screen and physical keyboard instead of the old candybar style that plague the current phone market. It's their preference, not everyone shares yours, and no one said yours was wrong! If you have anything relevant and is NOT putting other members down, feel free to reply to these. Otherwise don't.

Oh come on, stop being so sensitive.

I was like the op back in April when I bought my Q10 after two years with my 9900. When after 2 days I came back to the 9900, I was like " how the hell I was happy with a such small screen size?!?! " it's just felt ridiculous.

And now, it's the same when I look at the Passport. The Q10 screen size is ridiculous.

What's wrong with that ? Nothing, use the Passport for some days and then came back to your Z30, I bet you will have the same feeling. It's not that the Z30 is a **** device, but Passport screen size is just wonderful.

Deal with it.

Posted via my Q10
    Thank you, exactly what I'm trying to say.

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-06-14 03:48 PM
    I found that I appreciated the Z30 a lot more after using the Passport. I like having that second option, the Z30, is infact, a great option for people who don't fancy the form factor of the Passport. (Until the Z30 successor is released, ofcourse)

The important thing to remember is, the 10.3 experience is still intact with the Z30 and other in house BB10 devices which makes the Z30 still great.

There's nothing to laugh at.
    medic22003 and lift like this.
    10-06-14 03:49 PM
    I found that I appreciated the Z30 a lot more after using the Passport. I like having that second option, the Z30, is infact, a great option for people who don't fancy the form factor of the Passport. (Until the Z30 successor is released, ofcourse)

The important thing to remember is, the 10.3 experience is still intact with the Z30 and other in house BB10 devices which makes the Z30 still great.

There's nothing to laugh at.
    I just hate the 10.3 experience on the Z30 since the intelligent assistant is harder to use as an app launcher..... ;-)

One good reason for physical keys

10-06-14 03:54 PM
    Look, there's enough BlackBerry bashers out there on other platforms who do that quite well that we don't need a condescending attitude from our own members on this forum. The title of this thread does offend, no matter how you want to explain it. I am sensitive, sorry.

I was in a Verizon store this morning and the very nice rep that helped me was clueless how to get around on my Z30. Of course there weren't any BlackBerries to be seen, so I don't suppose they get much practice.

All I know I'd after a few minutes on one of their "great" androids, I wanted to slice my wrists. By the time you deal with the annoying Home Button to move between apps, I could be actually doing things on my Z30. But hey, to each their own. BlackBerry 10 is easily the most fluid OS out there and a real joy to use.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.0.1154
    Last edited by HowardShap; 10-06-14 at 04:35 PM.
    SharonRD and lift like this.
    10-06-14 04:01 PM
    So saying the Passport have a better screen size than the Z30 is bashing the Z30. Ok ok. That's ridiculous.

Posted via my Q10
    10-06-14 04:04 PM
    In the last 4 days I have been in the forum with both my devices and therefore: sorry for anyone who feels offended or bashed.

It was never the intention and I got my Z30 just 2 months ago. I love both devices and it's just that.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.632 and Passport with the same version
    howards and Jakob Greve like this.
    10-06-14 04:09 PM
    I was, used and loved the Z30, once upon a time.

If you get a Passport, you will understand.
    10-06-14 04:12 PM
    Hey... My Playbook screen is bigger then your Passport.... Wait.. I better not go there...
    10-06-14 04:18 PM
    Wow, this thread is like iPhone users arguing about which one is better, the 6 or the 6+. We could all argue all day but in the end, who cares? The Z30 and PP are both amazing phones either way. The Flagship all touch and the Flagship combo touch/keyboard, that's how I look at it.

Isn't this a good thing to argue about now that BB is putting out great devices? When has there ever been a thread where people argue about which BB is the best out? This is a good thing knowing they put out 2 great products.
    Warlack, SharonRD, howards and 1 others like this.
    10-06-14 04:20 PM
    I picked up my old Z30 a couple of days ago and also wondered how I used such a narrow screen. And I had the even narrower Z30 before that! I really don't understand how iPhone through iPhone 5S users do it! Such teeny, tiny screens! Very narrow! I guess we all get used to what we have. I had the same sentiment after receiving my Z10 and picking up the Bold 9930. It felt sooooo small!
    10-06-14 04:31 PM
    Sorry....for not being sorry lol. Clearly the ones who are jumping in to defend their Z30s are getting a little too sensitive/defensive. We aren't busting out any yo mama jokes I don't get why we can't feel excited about our new toys. We obviously enjoyed our Z30s once upon a time, why can't we reflect and compare two devices now? Isn't that what the forums are here for?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:46 PM
    I just hate the 10.3 experience on the Z30 since the intelligent assistant is harder to use as an app launcher..... ;-)

One good reason for physical keys

Yeah... it's a lot slower than it was before... Even on the passport with a much better processor, it still isn't very snapy
    10-06-14 04:50 PM
    The two biggest differences are the screen size/resolution and the physical keyboard. I went back to my z30 to retrieve some photos and boy can you tell the difference. I got a matte screen protector for my passport and it is such a classy device I can't even come up with the right words to describe it. The keyboard is not necessarily any faster but the typing experience of physical keys is so much more enjoyable. Want to REALLY laugh? Go pick up your spouse's or friend's iPhone and then try pecking on the virtual keyboard. I did this with my wife's iPhone 5 and it felt like a trip back to the stone age. Yes, I do believe that there will be such a thing as a Passport Snob!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:25 PM
    I still think the Z30 is beautiful, though it doesn't have as nice of a screen as my Passport. It still has great speakers and feels/looks premium, ands has the Paratek antenna.

Oh, and I can easily use it with one hand.

I guess I'm just not ready to laugh at the Z30 yet.

Posted via CB10
    howards and James Blight like this.
    10-06-14 05:33 PM
    Oh almost forgot the audio quality and sound volume are better/higher on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:35 PM
    Oh almost forgot the audio quality and sound volume are better/higher on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I have to disagree. The Z30 is better

10-06-14 05:40 PM
    So silly. We all have different needs, thus different device choices. After my PP arrives, I doubt I'm going to look down upon my current Q10, which is a beast when it comes to typing quickly and accurately; but I'm certainly going to appreciate the PP's much larger screen size and wicked capacitive keyboard. Us Crackberrians BB lovers need to stick together, not divide and conquer...each other.
    10-06-14 05:47 PM
    I am still hunting for a bargain Q10 or Q5..... I want to have them all

10-06-14 05:52 PM
    So silly. We all have different needs, thus different device choices. After my PP arrives, I doubt I'm going to look down upon my current Q10, which is a beast when it comes to typing quickly and accurately; but I'm certainly going to appreciate the PP's much larger screen size and wicked capacitive keyboard. Us Crackberrians BB lovers need to stick together, not divide and conquer...each other.
    Nicely put, Sharon!
    I think it probably wasn't WHAT was said as much as HOW it was stated. Some of us who can't afford or don't want to switch to a Passport might take offense in the way some comments were presented. So I agree with you. We all need to use what we enjoy.
    howards, SharonRD and jafobabe like this.
    10-06-14 05:55 PM
79 1234