The Z30 is 300ppi, and at normal viewing distances, there not that much difference between it. I wonder how you feel watching a movie at home in a 60inch tv that has something like 30 or 40ppi. How do you work on your laptop? do you have a 4k screen on your laptop? Because even a 4K laptop only has around 280ppi, less than the Z30...

The fact that the Z30's screen is hard to see in bright sunlight is a problem, not the resolution.

Do you think Iphone's screens are bad and pixelated aswell?
    Well, I usually hold my phone just 15cm away from my face, so I do notice the Z30's "low" PPI.

But I watch TV a good three meters away, so the PPI isn't even noticeable here.
    10-06-14 11:02 AM
    Of course you won't, professional businessman.
    ??? I am professional and I watch dailies from filming the day before on my Z30 while on-set all the time. Not sure why you guys think just emailing/texting messages is all a professional does on their phone.
    kbz1960, jupiter8 and srfinva like this.
    10-06-14 11:26 AM
    Pretty low guys and gals. The Z30 was the flagship of BB10 devices and now just because you have a Passport you think it's OK to make fun of the Z30? How about I make fun of you Passport users for still using physical keyboard devices? That wouldn't be funny would it? Not cool, not cool at all. So you Passport users think you are all high and mighty now?
    10-06-14 11:26 AM
    I was worried about netflix but I used it rarely, now I use showbox, it will play a video through the browser and the playon feature works from there. I just use miracast now.

Posted via CB10
    The post you responded to was in reference of the aspect ratio.
    10-06-14 11:28 AM
    I wonder how people like you watch TV or work on a laptop. Because today's phones are incredible ppi compared to laptops or TV's. Z30 might not be as sharp as a passport, but saying it looks horrible and pixelated it's just ridiculous IMO. Today's phone screens resolution are total overkill
    I use my Z30 for Business not play. When I play and watch movies I use my Surface Pro 3. The Passport might replace my AWESOME Z30, but I doubt big RED will pick it up. You can pick out the business men from the boys in this thread! IMHO!
    10-06-14 11:29 AM
    Releasing any phone nowadays that isn't full HD is a joke.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Depends on the size of the screen and viewing distance. HD or QHD take a lot of battery power - therefore I would say that based on my experience screens that are under 5" really don't benefit from 1080. Most people just assume you need HD and yet have zero understanding of it, especially on a phone.
    10-06-14 11:33 AM
    I use my Z30 for Business not play. When I play and watch movies I use my Surface Pro 3. The Passport might replace my AWESOME Z30, but I doubt big RED will pick it up. You can pick out the business men from the boys in this thread! IMHO!
    Why did you quote me? I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
    10-06-14 11:36 AM
    Depends on the size of the screen and viewing distance. HD or QHD take a lot of battery power - therefore I would say that based on my experience screens that are under 5" really don't benefit from 1080. Most people just assume you need HD and yet have zero understanding of it, especially on a phone.
    half of the smartphone comunity that think their phone needs 4K and everything else is "horrible", will have to commit suicide when they are 50 or 60 years old, because our eyes start to loose resolution, so their life will be "horrible" and unwatchable...
    10-06-14 11:39 AM
    I can't complain about the screen on the z30. Looks pretty good on full brightness and I've never had a smartphone that was easy to read in the sun.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-06-14 11:39 AM
    I found my Q10 felt like a different phone after spending about 10 minutes setting up my new Passport. It did make me think 'this is how iPhone and Android users must have seen it'. I liked it a lot, but not sure I could go back now. It's been an interesting exercise in challenging my own perceptions as they stood just a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:41 AM
    Pretty low guys and gals. The Z30 was the flagship of BB10 devices and now just because you have a Passport you think it's OK to make fun of the Z30? How about I make fun of you Passport users for still using physical keyboard devices? That wouldn't be funny would it? Not cool, not cool at all. So you Passport users think you are all high and mighty now?
    As stated here and in other places previously:

I use the Z30 for media consumption and I just can't believe that I used to use it for content creation and editing after having had the Passport for a while.

The Keyboard as well as the massive square screen are making it truly more productive.

There is little I can say against the Z30 as it still serves me well.

It is just not something you can compare to each other.

All that has been said here is just the unbelievable upgrade we have received.

Almost like BBOS to BB10.

Now it was smartphone to a mini pc

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 11:42 AM
    I came from an oppo find 7 qhd and Nokia lumia1520

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-06-14 12:11 PM
    Look guys, I get you're all pumped over your new phones and I'm interested in seeing it myself. But no need to put down the Z30 to further your argument. In a year or so you'll be doing the same thing with the next latest thing and putting down the Passport. Why not just enjoy the new phone without dissing the best all touch device that BlackBerry has EVER made! This forum, as great and essential as it is, really eats it's own.

Z10 / STL 100-3 / 10.3.0.1154
    10-06-14 12:25 PM
    Feel free to make up a new thread saying you laughed and laughed and laughed at the Passport and are keeping your Z30.

I promise you 2 things, 1) I won't be offended and 2) I won't comment in your thread.
    10-06-14 12:27 PM
    well this thread is going no where fast and on top is useless its not relly helping anybody just turning into a pissing contest
    10-06-14 01:14 PM
    Try watching Netflix on the Passport, and then the Z30. Then you won't be laughing.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao good one very good one power to th z30
    10-06-14 01:23 PM
    well this thread is going no where fast and on top is useless its not relly helping anybody just turning into a pissing contest
    It helped me.

Helped me waste about 10-15 minutes of my workday.

And for that, I thank you Thread.
    barryb20 and howards like this.
    10-06-14 01:27 PM
    It helped me.

Helped me waste about 10-15 minutes of my workday.

And for that, I thank you Thread.
    Lol. True.
    10-06-14 01:53 PM
    People actually watch a whole movie on a phone? The general excitement about the PassPort is really interesting, can't wait to get my own!
    10-06-14 01:54 PM
    Try watching Netflix on the Passport, and then the Z30. Then you won't be laughing.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly it still looks as amazing and is as big as the Z10 screen... \:|/

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-06-14 01:58 PM
    after picking up my Z30 again this morning, following 3 days of using my glorious new Passport.
    Don't stick-up for the OP. I did not see this as anything but an insult to the Z30 and the people that like and use them. "Glorious new Passport"!!! Now that is a joke.
    10-06-14 02:48 PM
    Don't stick-up for the OP. I did not see this as anything but an insult to the Z30 and the people that like and use them. "Glorious new Passport"!!! Now that is a joke.
    It has been posted in the correct subforum, I feel the same whenever I use my Z30.

What is so bad about laughing? How would you feel when you have been doing everything on a tablet and you are finally start using a laptop?

BBOS to BB10 is the same as BB10 to Passport.

And yeah.... it is a glorious passport

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 02:53 PM
    LOL so now passport users are feeling like they are a better class of BlackBerry user than the rest? Is this the start of some BlackBerry infighting or will this settle to have us all just be happy that BlackBerry is seemingly doing the right things lately?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    lift and howards like this.
    10-06-14 02:56 PM
    LOL so now passport users are feeling like they are a better class of BlackBerry user than the rest?
    Some here seem to think so.
    10-06-14 03:01 PM
    Heh, after two days with Passport I can't even type on Q10 anymore and it looks like a toy ;-).

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    10-06-14 03:03 PM
79 1234