08-13-14 07:48 PM
147 ... 23456
tools
    A week back, I saw an American guy carrying 2 mobiles with him in Dubai. One looked exactly the size of a Passport...and it had a black Flip cover around it. I could see only the sides and it had a very clean metallic look to it. It looked very elegant in his hand.

I believe it's the passport which I saw coz the other mobile with him looked leaner and it was S5 and also the guy looked more like a tourist as he was looking around confused :P .Just wondering whether this Passport has got the passport to travel abroad...or was it just my mind playing games...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:33 AM
    Wow nice. Wish I knew someone from Waterloo.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:37 AM
    I am super excited to see this device and am rooting for it. The i6 is more for my needs personally so I will be passing on the Passport. I think that it may be the perfect BB device. I am excited for this next year of BB
    i6 = GooPhone i6, it's an iPhone 6 clone
    08-04-14 11:57 AM
    I just played with a Passport!!!! GOOSEBUMPS!!!-img_20140804_153750.jpg

Looking

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-04-14 02:40 PM
    I just played with a Passport!!!! GOOSEBUMPS!!!-img_20140804_154048.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 02:41 PM
    you got goosebumps and were shaking over a phone?

that's pretty bad.
    I guess you have never heard that "Life is for the living".
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    08-04-14 02:45 PM
    For having this device for only a couple of minutes and providing this kind of feedback (while having goosebumps)- I am very impressed with what you shared with us (you can work for CSI with your observations). I am glad you got a chance to play with it and provide a little feedback to the CB community!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    G-bone and danfrancisco like this.
    08-04-14 02:54 PM
    OP, I'm soooooooooooo jealous. I was in St Jacobs yesterday and I was unashamedly hoping to spot a Passport because I was in BlackBerry's backyard. Needless to say I wasn't as lucky as you were.
    Oh btw I would have had goosebumps too if I spotted a Passport despite the fact that my beautiful family was out with me. LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING!!
    danfrancisco likes this.
    08-04-14 03:02 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140804_153750.jpg 
Views:	1884 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	288922

Looking

Posted via CB10
    Haha! About to hit the village for dinner tonight. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open! However, if I happen to spot the same BlackBerry employee, I don't think I'll be harassing him again. He's on vacation as well so gotta have a little respect!

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and Trini-34 like this.
    08-04-14 03:27 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140804_154048.jpg 
Views:	2343 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	288923

Posted via CB10
    He's probably in Rocky Mountain Chocolate ot Maybe having a Beer at Rusty's on the Patio

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    08-04-14 03:36 PM
    danfran... this Passport sighting is so much cooler than and Elvis sighting.... I would have been as excited, as you were, to see one in the wild - especially because I have never even seen a Z30 in the wild.... except mine, naturally.

May have to be the "Founding Member of Club Passport" soon...
    08-04-14 03:40 PM
    Ok I have one crazy question and it might sound dumb even with seeing the leaked videos. Are the keys on the keyboard physical or virtual. Because it would seem that if you use the keyboard as a trackpad you would hit a button and type a letter. Help please I need to know this.
    08-04-14 03:41 PM
    Ok I have one crazy question and it might sound dumb even with seeing the leaked videos. Are the keys on the keyboard physical or virtual. Because it would seem that if you use the keyboard as a trackpad you would hit a button and type a letter. Help please I need to know this.
    The keys are physical. They also respond to gestures including swipes and light taps.

Not sure how they trap all those events; it's a really cool idea. Presumably there's enough initial resistance to the keys that they can't be inadvertently pressed while gesturing.
    08-04-14 04:57 PM
    No pictures?

I just played with a Passport!!!! GOOSEBUMPS!!!-boohoo-so-sad.jpg
    08-04-14 05:44 PM
    Mucho bonus points for using the correct spelling of "bated" ;-)
    He's a "master" of the English language...
    08-04-14 06:42 PM
    OP... you made my day. now I'm just hooked on getting it., even if it is going to cost half of my monthly salary in India.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-04-14 06:57 PM
    Awesome thread. Wish this would happen to me.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.3253 on AT&T
    08-04-14 08:41 PM
    Danfran thanks for sharing. I had a similar experience with the Z10 prior to launch. Was fortunately seated next to a BlackBerry employee on Air Canada. That was an excellent flight as I got a few minutes to handle the device.

Pretty certain your commentary just sealed the deal for many, including me.

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3 and change
    08-04-14 08:51 PM
    Just watched a review video of it for the first time and can't believe how advanced it is! The way they redesigned and integrated the keyboard into BB10 is unbelievable. BlackBerry might have just hit a grand slam with this unique device! Completely out-of-the-box thinking!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    08-04-14 09:25 PM
    I just showed this to my girlfriend so she doesn't think I'm the only BlackBerry maniac hahah

Posted via CB10
    danfrancisco, G-bone and jlbenc like this.
    08-04-14 10:41 PM
    Great thread. Thanks OP. Can't wait for this power tool.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    08-05-14 12:03 AM
    Hopefully the stores will have working display/demo units to try and competent sales personnel to push the phones. When I went to get my z30 Verizon didn't have any working display or any in stock and I had to buy it on line.
    08-05-14 07:56 PM
    If you have a Q10 (or even a 9900), brush your fingers across the keys. When you do that on the Passport while in the browser, it moves the screen around as if you were dragging your finger on the glass (no cursor though if I recall). Another thing I regret not doing now is testing out the editing capabilities such as bringing up the edit bubble and testing out text selection to do copy and paste. For those of you who have one of the 10.3 leaks running, you'll know that BlackBerry has made huge improvements with editing. The Passport's keyboard is going to take editing to new heights as you'll now have way more precision control without having to cover up part of what you've written with your fingers.

The keyboard really is a remarkable feat of engineering! You've just got to experience it for yourself to appreciate the leap in innovation that BlackBerry has taken with the Passport. I would be shocked if anti-BB sites such as BGR and the Verge still find a reason to trash it when they review it. They'll probably regurgitate the tired and cliche'ed lines such as "the Playbook was innovative for its time but bombed" or "BlackBerry struggles to sell BB10 devices" but none of that will have anything to do with the amazing technological advances that BlackBerry has made with a consumer go-to-market device. You cover up the BlackBerry logo and slap an Apple on it and all the tech blogs would be ball washing Cupertino like crazy!

But I digress... this thread isn't about anti-BB blogs or the fact that BlackBerry is never given a fair chance to atone for its past mistakes (and they've had more than their fair share of mishaps). this thread is about sharing one of the most legitimately exciting moments of my life. And yes, before anyone goes off and labels me a pathetic fanboy, my Passport run-in obviously doesn't compare to the birth of my kids or my wedding day or any other significant milestone in my life. So don't be an id!ot if you're here to judge. This is a BlackBerry fansite and people here want to read about these kinds of experiences... not about our kids and marriages!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:59 PM
    danfran... this Passport sighting is so much cooler than and Elvis sighting.... I would have been as excited, as you were, to see one in the wild - especially because I have never even seen a Z30 in the wild.... except mine, naturally.

May have to be the "Founding Member of Club Passport" soon...
    Great analogy! Except this king wasn't bloated or overweight! Instead it was the lean, mean productivity machine that Presley was in his prime!

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-05-14 10:13 PM
    Careful, there is a lot of elvis fans out here, he may have been a little fat but hey all gods are, lol
    08-05-14 10:38 PM
147 ... 23456