Arriving there tomorrow. Will keep an eye open for it.
    On a side note.. love BM.
    You and me both, hoping to retire there.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    08-03-14 11:26 AM
    I want one and I want it NOW ...................please lol
    08-03-14 11:28 AM
    Once the passport hits the carrier stores upon release, I'll be testing it out for sure. I think the passport is the new playbook. It's just so damn obvious. (except it's the one with the SIM slot)

If anything happens to the playbook of mine, passport replaces it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-03-14 12:53 PM
    you got goosebumps and were shaking over a phone?

that's pretty bad.
    Korkiio likes this.
    08-03-14 03:59 PM
    you got goosebumps and were shaking over a phone?

that's pretty bad.
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi, wincyUt and G-bone like this.
    08-03-14 04:03 PM
    Sounds like you tried a unit with pretty new firmware. When I gave it a go it had a lot of errors with the keyboard hardware recognising touch. Beautiful device in person, but a little to big for me....type one handed while moving or trying to be discreet quite a bit. unless they've changed the coating on the back panel, to me it felt more textured, not the same almost rubberised (think some call it microsatin) coating like Dev alpha A/colt or playbook
    08-03-14 04:35 PM
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    Eh I shouldn't be surprised at something like that from a niners fan.

Posted via CB10
    danfrancisco likes this.
    08-03-14 04:38 PM
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    Any entertainment besides the passport? Here was our entertainment Wednesday night in the Village , took staff 40 minutes to rescue this gull from the balcony. Darn thing couldn't figure out how to jump over the railing.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    08-03-14 05:52 PM
    Dan the Man is your new name now... I mean, How lucky are you.

Here down under, I am not even sure when I am going to lay my hands on the new device. I peppered my Telco via Twitter asking if they plan on carrying the Passport and he could say was check the website. Fair enough...

But while I am on a plan, I would have to wait till February for an upgrade which is not too bad comparing to Next month launch...devices will actually be on the market by November. Considering that I am in Oz, we won't be seeing that thing till December - January. Alternatively, I might just buy the damn device outright.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-03-14 08:04 PM
    Thank you, danfrancisco. And thanks to the BlackBerry employee. Good way to keep the Passport buzz going

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 08:49 PM
    The Passport TOTALLY stands out in a crowd!!! I'm at the Blue Mountain Village in Collingwood and for those outside of Ontario, it's a long weekend right now. The village is crowded with tourists... and I mean crowded! People everywhere, walking about, eating, drinking, talking and tapping away on their smartphones. All I saw was the top of the device (three flat layers of black/silver/black with the power button) from about 10 feet away and I immediately knew what it was! I felt like I was in a scene in one of those swords and sandles movies where there is a massive battle and two warriors lock eyes! Suddenly all that matters is their confrontation and all the fighting and killing around them blends into the background and nothing else is of any importance!

Except in this case, it wasn't a confrontation. It was a magical introductory experience to a magnificent device that completely made me forget about my vacation and family!

Posted via CB10
    yup sounds like an addict to me.....a Passport could cure that though
    08-03-14 09:03 PM
    So here I am in Collingwood vacationing with the wife and kids on a beautiful Simcoe long weekend. I'm walking through the Blue Mountain Village with my kids begging me for Menchies when what do I see in the distance? It's a guy walking towards typing away on large device. I only saw the top of the device and instantly recognized it as the Passport....

Posted via CB10
    This is a big part of why I'm looking forward to this phone. It will be one of the few that will be obvious from a distance. It will attract attention in a way no full-screen touch ever could.
    Shadowyugi and Elite1 like this.
    08-03-14 09:55 PM
    Waiting with bated breath.. Sigghh

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Mucho bonus points for using the correct spelling of "bated" ;-)
    Shadowyugi and G-bone like this.
    08-03-14 09:58 PM
    I'm amazed at how passionate you guys are about getting your hand on a Mobile device.
    I mean, I really dig my Z10 and all the BlackBerrys that i had before that but.. call me old fashion.

I still get goosebumps when I see a fine Babe and I admit it.... I still like to play with them. but, for a mobile device?

I'm just not a team player.
    chalx and Akainzo like this.
    08-03-14 10:27 PM
    Dan the Man is your new name now... I mean, How lucky are you.

Here down under, I am not even sure when I am going to lay my hands on the new device. I peppered my Telco via Twitter asking if they plan on carrying the Passport and he could say was check the website. Fair enough...

But while I am on a plan, I would have to wait till February for an upgrade which is not too bad comparing to Next month launch...devices will actually be on the market by November. Considering that I am in Oz, we won't be seeing that thing till December - January. Alternatively, I might just buy the damn device outright.
    Trust me, you won't want to wait for your upgrade to get this device. If there was ever a phone that justifies an outright purchase, the Passport is it!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and G-bone like this.
    08-03-14 10:44 PM
    Awesome, thanks for sharing your thoughts and story. Can't wait to see and try the passport out once it becomes available

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 11:54 PM
    I am super excited to see this device and am rooting for it. The i6 is more for my needs personally so I will be passing on the Passport. I think that it may be the perfect BB device. I am excited for this next year of BB
    08-04-14 12:05 AM
    Everybody has their preference. Some like toys, some like tools. It's a personal preference. For me the passport embodies everything I have been looking for in a phone. Innovative, bold, powerful, professional, productive. I have never been so excited about a mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 likes this.
    08-04-14 01:23 AM
    Tools and toys. Everything is a tool or a toy. It just depends on how you use it.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-04-14 01:37 AM
    Tools and toys. Everything is a tool or a toy. It just depends on how you use it.
    But some are clearly more toy than tool.

For instance. A squirt gun is a toy. While a handgun is a tool.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Shadowyugi and anon(3732391) like this.
    08-04-14 01:51 AM
    ^^Depends on what you are doing with it
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-04-14 02:02 AM
    ^^Depends on what you are doing with it
    Defense... of my food pantry.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    08-04-14 02:05 AM
    It feels and looks very high end build quality. Resolution is beautiful.
    08-04-14 03:54 AM
    It is very comfortable to type on and is very well balanced. Hitting the keys, for me, is better than typing on the Q10. However, I had some trouble retracting my thumbs to reach the keys on the far left and far right of the keypad. This was my only concern. Having said that, I'm definitely getting one! I love it it!
    08-04-14 03:59 AM
    I'm amazed at how passionate you guys are about getting your hand on a Mobile device.
    I mean, I really dig my Z10 and all the BlackBerrys that i had before that but.. call me old fashion.

I still get goosebumps when I see a fine Babe and I admit it.... I still like to play with them. but, for a mobile device?

I'm just not a team player.
    http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    Being a team player in that context is a whole different subject...
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-04-14 05:08 AM
147 12345 ...