Tools and toys. Everything is a tool or a toy. It just depends on how you use it.
    Ya, but using a Fisher Price screw driver on real screws is kind of embarrassing.

Meanwhile my Craftsman screw driver will happily drive real screws or those made by Fisher Price.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 12:38 PM
    I am totally buying it when it's launched in India. And secretly I am hoping they don't mess up the price again.. Waiting with crossed fingers..

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    08-09-14 01:06 PM
    What APPS were available in the Amazon Store??????? That's going to make or break them again if they don't get it right this time!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:08 PM
    Oh how I want it bad, I'm trying not to count down the days cause that will make it take longer

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    08-09-14 01:15 PM
    I'm in Collinwood right now! I'll keep my eyes open

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:22 PM
    I can't wait for this device.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.1.3253
    08-09-14 04:18 PM
    I had a similar experience with the z30 prior to release. My Telus business rep had one at an event Telus hosted. I spotted it and recognized it. He let me play around for a few minutes then delivered a new one to me the next day (no charge). We have a rather large mobility contract.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.1.3253
    08-09-14 04:20 PM
    Goes into a yoga trance and recites mantra: ummm patience... ummm control your desire .... ummm it's almost September..... ummm, Passport come.

Posted from my Z30
    Keep calm and give me my passport

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 04:45 PM
    Dan, I totally believe this is a legit experience.

My question is, I realize this is meant to be a 2 handed device, but from your limited tryout, would you still be able to peck at all areas of the keyboard with one hand, if your other hand was occupied?

This is a make or break thing for me, and will make my final judgement when I try one in person.

Anybody else who has genuinely played with a passport may chime in on this question.
    Typing on this keyboard, is a two handed task. I (allegedly) held the device with my right hand and my thumb could not reach the left side of the keyboard while cradling the device. But scrolling and using gestures is do-able with one hand. While I had my Bold 9900, I hardly ever typed with just my thumb since I doubled thumbed it most of the time. Unless you have enormous hands, expect to cradle this device when hammering out messages longer than a single word or two.
    Last edited by Bolderholder; 08-10-14 at 08:08 AM.
    Thunderbuck and James Blight like this.
    08-09-14 08:38 PM
    The screen is humongous.

Scroll using keyboard and right to left gesture to delete are awesome.
    08-09-14 09:49 PM
    People might think they would miss the 4th row on the keyboard... However, in my opinion, the Passport virtual row becomes so natural that you will love it after just 5 mins of continuous typing. The location is right on for the virtual row.
    ptpete likes this.
    08-09-14 09:56 PM
    Can't wait!!
    08-09-14 10:45 PM
    Can't wait to get one....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:29 PM
    People might think they would miss the 4th row on the keyboard... However, in my opinion, the Passport virtual row becomes so natural that you will love it after just 5 mins of continuous typing. The location is right on for the virtual row.
    When editing Excel documents, you actually have a choice of layout between the numbers appearing traditionally as a 4th row, or displayed as a numerical keypad layout. For number-intensive entries, this layout and coupled with the screen size, makes it easier to edit, I find. The user can change the display layout with one press of a button, giving the user the freedom to choose. The added height and screen width of the device makes this possible. I don't know if other platforms have this option or not. Regardless, kudos to BB for bringing this to the Passport.
    James Blight likes this.
    08-10-14 08:21 AM
    Typing on this keyboard, is a two handed task. I (allegedly) held the device with my right hand and my thumb could not reach the left side of the keyboard while cradling the device. But scrolling and using gestures is do-able with one hand. While I had my Bold 9900, I hardly ever typed with just my thumb since I doubled thumbed it most of the time. Unless you have enormous hands, expect to cradle this device when hammering out messages longer than a single word or two.
    Agreed on this point. The only thing I typed one handed on my Bold was my unlock password, which I specifically create for one handed entry (a word with all characters one one half of the keyboard, for me, the right half).

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.2.1531
    08-10-14 10:01 AM
    Hi Dan, haven't had a chance to read through all the comments so I apologize if you've already answered this, but did you get a chance to ask about the classic at all?

Your comment about the input method of the Q10 really got me thinking that the classic could certainly benefit from a touch capasitive keyboard, even if it already has the track-pad.

I always think about how much I miss the swiping back to delete gesture on the touch screen keyboards when I'm typing away on the Q10. Maybe the swiping up to select words would be a nice feature as well!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    08-10-14 10:07 AM
    Hi Dan, haven't had a chance to read through all the comments so I apologize if you've already answered this, but did you get a chance to ask about the classic at all?
    Sorry.. didn't get a chance to ask about the Classic as I was too excited to witness and hold a Passport firsthand! I also have plans to get a Classic but will hold off on that purchase until the New Year.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    08-10-14 10:32 AM
    The classic looks a lot like a q10 to me...I am not sure I would be able to spot one on the street...

08-11-14 10:45 AM
    I think that is exactly what they are aiming for. Scrolling from the keyboard ensures that the scrolling option is always in reach. If you are typing a message you should be using two hands most of the time anyways. Even with my iphone 4 and Z10 I mostly use two hands, it may be just me though. Although I can easily flick type a message with the z10 keyboard... which is what is making me think about not getting a passport.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    08-12-14 06:27 PM
    I think that is exactly what they are aiming for. Scrolling from the keyboard ensures that the scrolling option is always in reach. If you are typing a message you should be using two hands most of the time anyways. Even with my iphone 4 and Z10 I mostly use two hands, it may be just me though. Although I can easily flick type a message with the z10 keyboard... which is what is making me think about not getting a passport.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I love the flick type on both the z10 and z30, but I do occasionally miss my Bold for the keyboard.

08-12-14 08:03 PM
    The z10/(30 keyboard killed any chance of me getting another qwerty device. I don't see why we couldn't force the keyboard open, and run our thumbs over the touch screen keyboard to navigate.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    08-13-14 07:35 PM
    I live in K/W and see so many Passports in restaurants at lunch time during the week you'd think it had been released already. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Cracklen and James Blight like this.
    08-13-14 07:48 PM
147 ... 456