That's so cool. I cant wait for it!!

Ok, got some down time...

I got about two minutes of hands on time with it. I was literally shaking so let me see if I can playback everything accurately.

Form factor: A LOT slimmer than I was expecting. I have all the BB10 devices except the Z3 and it did not feel any thicker than the Z10, Z30, Q5 or Q10. Build quality is exceptional! Very sleek and absolutely beautiful lines. This will definitely net BlackBerry another design award for sure. The Passport felt very light. Not as light as the Z10 or Qs, but a bit lighter than the Z30. Of course I was practically on cloud 9 when I was holding it so maybe my internal scale wasn't too accurate! The keyboard looks gorgeous! The printed letters on the keys don't seem as large in person as they do on all those leaked pics. The keyboard also seems small as it is dominated by the screen. The screen looks huge!!!! Back is nice and smooth. Feels a bit like the back of the PlayBook.

Playing around: I didn't want to be a hog so I consciously didn't spend too much time with it (I'm sure he thought I was a nut, his friend definitely did!). So this was what I was able to cram in:

1. Basic swipe gestures... up/left to go to hub, scroll to home and apps. Very smooth 10.3 build.

2. Opened the browser to bluejays.com. It went straight to the desktop version (he probably had his browser set to desktop mode for these very occasions!). Scrolling with the keyboard is incredible!!! No more accidentally hitting links while scrolling around! Browser was lightning fast but we already knew that as BlackBerry's browser kicks major a$$!!!

3. Most importantly, had to try typing! I composed a new message and went to town trying to cram in as much as I could in 10 seconds so I didn't seem like a hog. I had no problems adjusting to the spacebar moving up a row. The flicking up of suggested words is flawless. I'm typing this on my Q10 right now and have word prediction on and reaching up to tap the suggested word seems so primitive compared to swiping up with the keyboard. Sadly I kind of panicked when it came to the virtual 4th row. When I was typing the 4th row seem to be switching between suggested words and punctuation. In hindsight, I wish I tried typing something like "Is this shirt 50% off?" so that I could see what it would be like inputting a percentage sign and question mark. Ah well, at least I've got something to look forward to!

Availability: nothing concrete other than to say in the fall. I told him I couldn't wait for the announcement in September. I also asked if the white version would be available on launch day and he confirmed it. Although having seen the black in person, I'm inclined to go in direction even though I was 100 % sure I'd be getting the white.

After I was done, I handed the Passport back to him, thanked him for the opportunity to play with it and expressed my appreciation for the great work that BlackBerry has done over the years. He thanked me in return and told me to "keep the faith".

So to the awesome BlackBerry Passport carrying guy from the crazy BlackBerry fanboy who practically accosted you and then pointed at his actual goosebumps... if you're reading this, THANK YOU so much for letting me experience the awesomeness of the Passport for a couple of minutes! You guys have a real winner on your hands!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 01:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience, I have no words can't wait for September too. Thanks from France

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    08-06-14 12:37 PM
    I guess you have never heard that "Life is for the living".

Wait! You mean it's NOT for posting?
    Someone lied to me!

G-bone likes this.
    08-06-14 03:50 PM
    danfran... this Passport sighting is so much cooler than an Elvis sighting.... I would have been as excited, as you were, to see one in the wild - especially because I have never even seen a Z30 in the wild.... except mine, naturally.

May have to be the "Founding Member of Club Passport" soon...

OK! Now this is starting to really get scary!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 08-07-14 at 08:34 PM.
    08-06-14 03:57 PM
    My neighbor just let me play with his employee model... and wholy sweet beauty's think a passport is, the slick keyboard and screen are a beautiful combination. I didn't wanna give it back.....So I know what's in my hands once they go on sale......can't wait.

Living the dream with a white Z30
    08-06-14 07:51 PM
    Careful, there is a lot of elvis fans out here, he may have been a little fat but hey all gods are, lol
    The irony is that Collingwood holds one of the world's largest Elvis festivals every year

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-07-14 09:50 AM
    The irony is that Collingwood holds one of the world's largest Elvis festivals every year

. I don't know about ironic! Sounds more eerie to me.
    The guy was just a musician for gods sakes. And, a half @ss one at that.

An Elvis festival makes having goosebumps for a mobile device sound normal. (imo, of course)
    Carjackd and Eno Karapici like this.
    08-07-14 08:33 PM
    Thanks for sharing this.

When you were typing with the keyboard, how did it feel? Did it feel like typing on a regular BlackBerry keyboard? I'm not asking about the swipes or the virtual options. I want to know if they keyboard feels solid, and if there's resistance when you press the keys. To be clear, I want some resistance. I don't want to feel like I'm typing on keys that are mush and will depress at the slightest tough, or like I'm typing on one of those keyboard-ish pads that come with the Microsoft Surface.

I hope this makes sense. ... If you closed your eyes, and ignored the dimensions, could you imagine that you were pressing on the keyboard to a BlackBerry Bold when using the Passport?
    08-08-14 09:25 AM
    Thanks for sharing this.

When you were typing with the keyboard, how did it feel? Did it feel like typing on a regular BlackBerry keyboard? I'm not asking about the swipes or the virtual options. I want to know if they keyboard feels solid, and if there's resistance when you press the keys. To be clear, I want some resistance. I don't want to feel like I'm typing on keys that are mush and will depress at the slightest tough, or like I'm typing on one of those keyboard-ish pads that come with the Microsoft Surface.

I hope this makes sense. ... If you closed your eyes, and ignored the dimensions, could you imagine that you were pressing on the keyboard to a BlackBerry Bold when using the Passport?
    From what I remembered, it felt no different than typing on. Q10 of 9900. Same BlackBerry quality keyboard feel!

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-08-14 03:58 PM
    . I don't know about ironic! Sounds more eerie to me.
    The guy was just a musician for gods sakes. And, a half @ss one at that.

An Elvis festival makes having goosebumps for a mobile device sound normal. (imo, of course)
    Indeed! Don't really like the guy but people come in droves! Crazy

Last edited by Carjackd; 08-08-14 at 05:38 PM.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-08-14 04:54 PM
    Waiting eagerly for Passport to launch in India

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-09-14 05:55 AM
    What!!!! Oh I just wish I was the one who had the opportunity to Grab the Passport. I don't know if I will be able to buy it though as I bought a nice BlackBerry Q10. But surely when time goes on I WILL have it #Blackbberry_FAN

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:43 AM
    Lucky

The new BlackBerry. Ahead of the curve.
    08-09-14 07:53 AM
    Staying calm; waiting patiently...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:58 AM
    Thanks again Dan. Congrats. One lucky dude.
    08-09-14 08:15 AM
    Goes into a yoga trance and recites mantra: ummm patience... ummm control your desire .... ummm it's almost September..... ummm, Passport come.

Posted from my Z30
    gokulesh and G-bone like this.
    08-09-14 08:16 AM
    I don't care what you guys are saying here. This BlackBerry Passport is my next phone, I will purchase it on day one it hits the market. Period.

Posted via CB10
    jimpilot, G-bone, xBURK and 1 others like this.
    08-09-14 09:03 AM
    Made my Saturday.
    Love all the comments.
    Would like to know which telco are planning not to sell this, so I can cozy up to BlackBerry supporting organization.
    Saw bell touting Samsung and how great it is on the Bell network.
    Really.... so can we expect the same enthusiasm for BlackBerry. Right.
    Stand up and be counted. Now.

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    08-09-14 09:25 AM
    The Passport already defeated the competition 10 Fold. I can see 100 of Thousands of Businessmen using this extremely and highly productive pro device.

Posted on my Q5
    G-bone likes this.
    08-09-14 09:41 AM
    Thanks OP!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:44 AM
    I win you asked him what the OS build was.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:43 AM
    Envy you Dan! But thanks for your review. My 1st BlackBerry was nearly bought 4 years ago. Fortunately I can't use a full screentouch. Need keypad as my work tends to spoil the screen.
    Now I have a Q5.
    Just waiting for the Passport.
    Thanks buddy for the review.
    Godbless.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:20 AM
    One word "Jealous"

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:21 AM
    A true crackberrian and a true crackberrian thread.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    G-bone likes this.
    08-09-14 12:06 PM
    Wow , glad I haven't bought a new BB ,just hanging on to my Z10 and hopefully Telus would have this at launch. Time to check out the size of the shirt pockets for any new shirt I am getting from now on !
    08-09-14 12:13 PM
147 ... 3456