I have just been imaging how it would be to use this phone. I imagined it would be a productivity beast and just like all blackberry's past and present, the keyboard will be the top5 feature of the phone. So excited and thank you for confirming that this will be the phone to beat.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:14 AM
    Can't wait!
    08-03-14 04:24 AM
    "Keep the faith"

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    08-03-14 04:51 AM
    fantastic that it stands outs from crowd, as the OP was able to easily identify the device in the wild.

OP, thanks for sharing your experience... it's seems something unique and special coming out soon

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 05:45 AM
    Dan, I totally believe this is a legit experience.

My question is, I realize this is meant to be a 2 handed device, but from your limited tryout, would you still be able to peck at all areas of the keyboard with one hand, if your other hand was occupied?

This is a make or break thing for me, and will make my final judgement when I try one in person.

Anybody else who has genuinely played with a passport may chime in on this question.
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    08-03-14 06:30 AM
    taking this opportunity i would like to ask while browsing did you see any mouse pointer and were you able to use mouse hover funcion?
    As soon as I gave the Passport back to the BlackBerry employee and thanked him, I immediately thought about this and regretted not looking out for a mouse pointer. I don't believe there is one. When I was using the keyboard as a track pad, the screen would scroll (I moved up, down, left and right) around but unlike other touch phones, my thumb wasn't covering any of the content.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:24 AM

My question is, I realize this is meant to be a 2 handed device, but from your limited tryout, would you still be able to peck at all areas of the keyboard with one hand, if your other hand was occupied?

This is a make or break thing for me, and will make my final judgement when I try one in person.

Anybody else who has genuinely played with a passport may chime in on this question.
    I have trouble on my Z30 with that. This phone is wider so I can't see one handed typing happening for me on it. I don't have small hands either.
    08-03-14 07:25 AM
    I envy you, OP, build quality wise, is it high end?

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    It's amazingly high end! Words can't do it justice. It's a beautiful device that just exudes class. Trust me, if you break out this puppy in a crowd, you're gonna get some attention as all the iPhone 6s and Galaxy G5s and Notes out there will all look like clones!

Posted via CB10
    zocster, Jrox74 and wincyUt like this.
    08-03-14 07:27 AM
    I have trouble on my Z30 with that. This phone is wider so I can't see one handed typing happening for me on it. I don't have small hands either.
    I have no problem one handing my Z30, hoping the passport will be the same.
    stanhanks likes this.
    08-03-14 07:27 AM
    fantastic that it stands outs from crowd, as the OP was able to easily identify the device in the wild.

OP, thanks for sharing your experience... it's seems something unique and special coming out soon

Posted via CB10
    The Passport TOTALLY stands out in a crowd!!! I'm at the Blue Mountain Village in Collingwood and for those outside of Ontario, it's a long weekend right now. The village is crowded with tourists... and I mean crowded! People everywhere, walking about, eating, drinking, talking and tapping away on their smartphones. All I saw was the top of the device (three flat layers of black/silver/black with the power button) from about 10 feet away and I immediately knew what it was! I felt like I was in a scene in one of those swords and sandles movies where there is a massive battle and two warriors lock eyes! Suddenly all that matters is their confrontation and all the fighting and killing around them blends into the background and nothing else is of any importance!

Except in this case, it wasn't a confrontation. It was a magical introductory experience to a magnificent device that completely made me forget about my vacation and family!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:34 AM

When I was flying through the BB10 gestures and trying the browser scrolling with the capacitive keyboard, it was all one-handed (I primarily one hand with my left even though I'm a righty). I had no problems getting around and it didn't feel any different than when I'm using my Z30. That said, I can't extend my left thumb to reach the top right hand corner of the Z30 nor could I do it with the Passport. Bringing down the quick settings from the top of the screen is no problem.

D@mn the Passport is a fine device!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 08:17 AM
    Wow sounds like this is a great hope for BB! I hope BB does a excellent advertising job and no Alicia Keys as a spokes person. WOW was that a fricking disaster.
    08-03-14 08:35 AM
    Ha ha! I don't care if no one believes me! I was very courteous and knew better than to ask him if I could take a pic. Besides, what good would a pic be? It looks exactly like all the other leaked units that we've seen with the serial numbers stamped on the bottom frame.

I'm just glad I got a chance to play with it. Very stand up guy and now super pumped to get one of my own in September. I have a feeling that BlackBerry will do well with this device. Major innovation!

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, it's a courteous thing while a pic or two mean nothing and aot of guys here might not get it.
    08-03-14 08:58 AM
    I felt like I was in a scene in one of those swords and sandles movies where ... two warriors lock eyes! Suddenly all that matters is their confrontation and all the fighting and killing around them blends into the background and nothing else is of any importance!
    Oh no .... let's be honest here. This was the classic slo-mo scene where the man and the girl ... er ... BlackBerry run toward each other through the meadow .... music....beams of lights .... LOL! I was just congratulating myself yesterday that I am so satisfied with my Z10 that for the first time I won't be in a state of excruciating anticipation until the new models launch. Well, you ruined that! Thanks for sharing. You made my day with your post!
    08-03-14 09:35 AM
    Hi Usman,

No balancing or top heavy issues with the smaller keyboard/larger screen while typing. In fact, it felt very natural to me as I'm sure it will for other long time BlackBerry users such as myself. I don't know how steep the learning curve will be for users who are new to BlackBerry, but for veterans or returning users, I think it will be a natural transition into the next evolutionary step of the QWERTY life cycle.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much! This was one of my questions as well.

Enjoy your holiday!

Posted via CB10
    brianoc1a likes this.
    08-03-14 09:42 AM
    Waiting with bated breath.. Sigghh

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-03-14 09:44 AM
    I got goosebumps just reading about it. Cant imagine using it.
    LeeU1911, NinjaBread and Phazn like this.
    08-03-14 09:56 AM
    I am waiting patiently hehehhe
    08-03-14 10:38 AM
    So here I am in Collingwood vacationing with the wife and kids on a beautiful Simcoe long weekend. I'm walking through the Blue Mountain Village with my kids begging me for Menchies when what do I see in the distance? It's a guy walking towards typing away on large device. I only saw the top of the device and instantly recognized it as the Passport.

Literally had goosebumps!!! I stopped the guy to ask him if it was what I thought it was and sure enough it was (he was a BlackBerry employee). He couldn't be a cooler guy and even let me play with it for a couple of minutes!

Let me tell you something, this phone can't hit the market soon enough!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! I was surprised at how well it fit in my hands (I have average sized paws)!

Shoot, kids freaking out.... be back with more later...

Posted via CB10
    That sucks I was just up there until late Friday night and I'm in Blue all the time but I never meet cool people with passports lucky you!

I just played with a Passport!!!! GOOSEBUMPS!!!-img_20140729_190704.jpg

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    08-03-14 10:48 AM
    Be sure to stop in at ashanti's coffee shop.
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-03-14 10:56 AM
    Be sure to stop in at ashanti's coffee shop.
    Ya and Collingwood Brewery for a Fireside ESB
    I just played with a Passport!!!! GOOSEBUMPS!!!-img_20140801_180819.jpg

08-03-14 11:04 AM
    That sucks I was just up there until late Friday night and I'm in Blue all the time but I never meet cool people with passports lucky you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140729_190704.jpg 
Views:	6152 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	288719

Maybe that's because I am the cool guy in Collingwood with the beer Still want my own hands on the passport and hoping it is a little heavier than the OP described. Heavy, usually means solid components!

08-03-14 11:07 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140729_190704.jpg 
Views:	6152 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	288719

OMG! You're not going to believe this... but see where that green service vehicle is in your pic? that is the EXACT location where I had my introduction to the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-03-14 11:08 AM
    Arriving there tomorrow. Will keep an eye open for it.
    On a side note.. love BM.
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-03-14 11:17 AM
    OMG! You're not going to believe this... but see where that green service vehicle is in your pic? that is the EXACT location where I had my introduction to the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Entrance into the hotel. I'm there all the time!

08-03-14 11:17 AM
147 1234 ...