Ordered my VIP on Friday night, and here in NJ as well
    10-06-14 08:56 AM
    did they give you a shipping eta?
    10-06-14 12:03 PM
    i'm wondering too. i ordered on sat night and i haven't gotten tracking yet.
    10-06-14 01:01 PM
    i'm wondering too. i ordered on sat night and i haven't gotten tracking yet.
    So basically they are starting to ship out back orders today..but it's on a first come first serve basis..so chances are there were many more people that ordered the BlackBerry Passport before us that went on back order as well..so unfortunately I highly doubt our BlackBerry passports will be shipped today.

So I kinda lost hope in getting a tracking number today. (I ordered on Friday)

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-06-14 01:04 PM
    Seems that VIP addition has vanished from Canadian site. Search for VIP brings up nothing. US site still does. Was going to order VIP Canada as at least you get extras for your 699 Canadian as would by a case and screen protector anyways.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:17 PM
    Seems that VIP addition has vanished from Canadian site. Search for VIP brings up nothing. US site still does. Was going to order VIP Canada as at least you get extras for your 699 Canadian as would by a case and screen protector anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Just noticed that myself. However in order it last night and they did charge my credit card today. Self we'll have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:52 PM
    Extra charges for different countries and a hard shell case

You can probably buy all that for less than $50 but Blackberry charge you $100..doesn't make sense to me
    10-06-14 01:56 PM
    It would be like the Q10 but the process used on it isn't anodizing, it's DLC. Only aluminum can be anodized. Stainless has to be blackened (oxidized) or coated (DLC).
    I personally like the steel T beam better over all black, but stainless steel can be anodized as well, to quote from a hobby site "at this point I don't think there is a wealth of public domain information on operating parameters -- it is still largely proprietary." More information here Anodizing of stainless steel
    10-06-14 02:23 PM
    I ordered the vip blackberry passport as well - on Saturday morning 10/4/14 and I received my first email and then my second email but no shipping confirmation. United States. Discount applied. Hopefully they still honor it. I'm sending my iPhone 6 back for this phone, but if they cancel my order like someone else claimed , then I may just keep this phone...
    10-06-14 04:06 PM
    You can probably buy all that for less than $50 but Blackberry charge you $100..doesn't make sense to me
    If you buy all of that direct from the shop blackberry site the total comes to $695.00. So even that way it isn't better. Might be missing something though.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:11 PM
    If you buy all of that direct from the shop blackberry site the total comes to $695.00. So even that way it isn't better. Might be missing something though.

Posted via CB10
    If you get the hard shell case from amazon it's 28 dollars flat with tax and shipping (that's what I did..not paying 34 + shipping and tax from shopblackberry..lol)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M9A...UvbUpU10938387

Then other 2 extra chargers I am not sure who much it selling on amazon..but it would definitely be cheaper.

10-06-14 04:23 PM
    If you get the hard shell case from amazon it's 28 dollars flat with tax and shipping (that's what I did..not paying 34 + shipping and tax from shopblackberry..lol)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M9A...UvbUpU10938676

Then other 2 extra chargers I am not sure who much it selling on amazon..but it would definitely be cheaper.

I was just pointing out that if you bought it from all from the same company there is no savings.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:30 PM
    Anyone who ordered the VIP version and doesn't want to keep their BlackBerry 10 lanyard, let me know. I'll take it off your hands. I wear a lanyard with a pass on it at work everyday and this would be a nice one to have.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-06-14 06:32 PM
    The lanyard doesn't come in the VIP box. Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea.
    10-06-14 08:08 PM
    I personally like the steel T beam better over all black, but stainless steel can be anodized as well, to quote from a hobby site "at this point I don't think there is a wealth of public domain information on operating parameters -- it is still largely proprietary." More information here Anodizing of stainless steel
    BlackBerry uses DLC on the Q10, period. You're welcome to call their ID department and inquire.

The article you linked is a hack method not used in production. As you said, it's from a hobby site. It's neither durable nor widely accepted as a suitable process for consumer devices. It's basically blackening with a clear coat. Color can be done but the results are crap. I work in this field and know these processes well.

[CB10 / Q10]
    Last edited by modifier; 10-08-14 at 02:51 PM.
    10-08-14 02:39 PM
65 123