Are the radios in the AT&T variant identical to the unlocked version? Is it fully compatible with Tmobile?
    The unlocked version has one extra band. But the AT&T one is just as compatible with TMO.
    04-08-15 06:17 PM
    Anyways, the passport seems like a good ebook reading device (yeah, 70% of what I do on the phone) so if anyone knows of a good e-reader for epub format, let me know .
    I use moon+ reader as my e-book. It's an android app but work seamlessly. You can download it in the play store or simply find the apk file and install it. And Welcome to blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    eyeb likes this.
    04-08-15 07:32 PM
    I use moon+ reader as my e-book. It's an android app but work seamlessly. You can download it in the play store or simply find the apk file and install it. And Welcome to blackberry.
    Posted via CB10
    thanks, >.> I used it on android a long time ago and just forgot about it
    04-08-15 08:10 PM
    Bump, first post here. Got my AT&T passport today. After reading the threads here and elsewhere, I decided I liked the phone. I'm not a big app person, hell I'm still using windows mobile (would even stick with it but it's acting up) >.>. Anyways, the passport seems like a good ebook reading device (yeah, 70% of what I do on the phone) so if anyone knows of a good e-reader for epub format, let me know . Looks like I have a lot to learn in the up coming weeks, installing android playstore (found the link so hoping it works without a hitch) and figuring out how to update the BB versions (I did like playing with roms on windows mobile but hated them on android) again hoping this step isn't too hard.

Just popping in as a first post, so excited that I managed to snag an AT&T passport on ebay that was already unlocked for $450 and had everything with it and no problems with phone. Now I need to find a plan and case which is my more immediate weekend task. Look forward to seeing me as I ask questions and just because I like popping in on things that interest me.
    Bonfire Reader is a great Epub Reader and works well. $1.99 though on Blackberry World

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    04-08-15 08:45 PM
    got a dumb question, how do I know what version of bb I'm on? my software version is 10.3.1.1372 but I saw on a different post that the numbers you guys talk about and the actual installed numbers vary? So mine isn't called 1372 but something else?

Can I get some help filtering out which leaks are okay for the at&t ones? I saw someone say that it doesn't matter but then I see all the warnings so I'm not sure.
    If you go to settings, about, hit category and OS , you will see a software version and an OS version. I am on 10.3.2.158 software release which corresponds to 10.3.2.281 and radio 282. Sachesi (see stickies) can be downloaded and you can do a non-destructive installation of a leaked OS.
    This version is awesome. Be careful to backup your contacts, calendar, and Remember. I use Ultimate Backup and Backup Pro to my SD card.
    Some have found that they need to upgrade to newer 10.3.1 OS before moving to 10.3.2.281 but it's worth it. Fast android run time. Super radio and WiFi, slick browser. Welcome back to Blackberry.

04-08-15 08:58 PM
    If you go to settings, about, hit category and OS , you will see a software version and an OS version. I am on 10.3.2.158 software release which corresponds to 10.3.2.281 and radio 282. Sachesi (see stickies) can be downloaded and you can do a non-destructive installation of a leaked OS.
    This version is awesome. Be careful to backup your contacts, calendar, and Remember. I use Ultimate Backup and Backup Pro to my SD card.
    Some have found that they need to upgrade to newer 10.3.1 OS before moving to 10.3.2.281 but it's worth it. Fast android run time. Super radio and WiFi, slick browser. Welcome back to Blackberry.

hm I'll look for it, I have nothing to backup yet, I'm coming from windows mobile >.> unless I can find a way to move contacts, I'll have to manually entire them, meaning I'll enter family and wait for friends to contact me in future

So can I be on the latest OS version but on an older software version? Is it a mix and match type deal? Or an old OS and new software?
    04-08-15 09:05 PM
    I got mine yesterday and I love the phone, but very disappointed In the battery life. Not sure how people are getting almost 2 days out of their devices. I know it's the first day, so hopefully it gets better over time.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 09:59 PM
    Same here although I've been told the battery life improves after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:17 AM
    I got mine yesterday and I love the phone, but very disappointed In the battery life. Not sure how people are getting almost 2 days out of their devices. I know it's the first day, so hopefully it gets better over time.

Posted via CB10
    The phone needs to go through a few charge cycles

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:26 AM
    So let it run down close to empty?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:57 AM
    hm I'll look for it, I have nothing to backup yet, I'm coming from windows mobile >.> unless I can find a way to move contacts, I'll have to manually entire them, meaning I'll enter family and wait for friends to contact me in future

So can I be on the latest OS version but on an older software version? Is it a mix and match type deal? Or an old OS and new software?
    OS and software version are named differently but are in effect the same. Depending on your current OS you may have to run multiple updates. Since new an out of the box I would use an autoloader. It wipes your phone of old stuff and will load the newest OS without bloatwear.

04-09-15 08:47 AM
    So let it run down close to empty?

Posted via CB10
    I've never let it run down completely. I tend to charge it overnight and then don't need a charge for the day. I agree it does take a little while to get the best use out of the battery.

Speaking about use, lots of factors play into battery drain and everyone's use case is different. Mobile signal strength, app usage, active frames may all affect your battery life. What one person gets out of their battery charge will likely differ to another so it is extremely hard to make direct comparisons. Safe to say though that the Passport battery is excellent in my use case.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes takes a few days for the OS to settle. The software runs through all its functions and communications. I am one of those that run a new battery dead then full charge to condition it. There is debate about this practice but it works for me. I can get over two days on a charge but usually charge full every night.
    04-11-15 11:20 AM
    I am desperate for this phone! Gonna get it to Singapore through a resender

Buuuutttt I need the answer to the million dollar question... is it locked..??

Thanks in advance!
    Singapore infocom authority does not allow the e locking of mobile phones. And yes, it's available here.

Posted from my awsome blackberry passport
    04-12-15 04:59 AM
    If you did sync your contacts to your gmail or email when using windows phone, yes you can restore your contacts in blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:29 AM
290 ... 101112