Why does AT&T hate BlackBerry so much? I don't understand it. It's like they're brain-washed. BlackBerry makes incredible devices, and my Passport is better than any other phone I've ever owned. They need to get off their knees with Apple, for real. It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    They don't hate BlackBerry. They did offer the Passport exclusively and the Classic first in the states. Certainly no love, but not hate.
    03-20-15 02:02 PM
    They don't hate BlackBerry. They did offer the Passport exclusively and the Classic first in the states. Certainly no love, but not hate.
    Well I suppose any time they can offer something exclusively, they'll jump at it. I just wish when they did that, they'd make more of an effort to actually sell it.
    03-20-15 02:13 PM
    Attachment 342515
    Freshly unboxed last night sitting next to my Note 4. Digging it so far for sure

Posted via CB10
    Sweet multiple devices are a must, you gots to have a favorite that is your go to!

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    Attached Thumbnails The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150317_164622_edit.jpg  
    03-20-15 04:26 PM
    Hello folks!

I finally got a new Passport from at&t. I have had the Z10 since launch and I was in need of a new phone. The only gripe that I have with the phone and maybe some of you can help me. I could not transfer any of the contacts via BB Link. The Z10 is running 10.3.1.1581 and the PP is running 10.3.1.1372 and I believe that might be why, but I am uncertain. Can someone here help? I have been looking for an answer for three days.
    03-20-15 04:51 PM
    Yeah. They do treat BlackBerry like the red-headed stepchild, tho.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:49 PM
    Hello folks!

I finally got a new Passport from at&t. I have had the Z10 since launch and I was in need of a new phone. The only gripe that I have with the phone and maybe some of you can help me. I could not transfer any of the contacts via BB Link. The Z10 is running 10.3.1.1581 and the PP is running 10.3.1.1372 and I believe that might be why, but I am uncertain. Can someone here help? I have been looking for an answer for three days.
    Download the app Device Switch from BlackBerry World on to both phones. Make sure both devices are connected to the SAME WiFi signal. Then follow the directions and ensure you select your Z10 as your old device and Passport as your new device. It will allow you to select what you want to transfer including contacts, pics, sms, mms, calendar, etc. Give it time as your Z10 will cycle and finish but it may take your Passport about 10 minutes to retrieve and process the data. You may have to do it more than once. Also, if you do transfer texts, they may show the wrong date and time received, it's a weird glitch. Good luck!

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-20-15 09:21 PM
    Nice! 2 great phones, I have the same
    Not sure that the pic loaded. I'll try again

Attachment 342516

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 06:01 PM
    I'm actually only running the Note on WiFi. It's early on but I'm preferring the PP overall.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 06:54 PM
    I'm actually only running the Note on WiFi. It's early on but I'm preferring the PP overall.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, like you, I'm running my iPhone 6+ on WiFi, but seriously love my BlackBerry Passport and its capabilities by far.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:42 PM
    I got my AT&T Passport today..... feels good to be back after I cracked the screen on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-27-15 06:15 PM
    I like the curve but somebody still like square corner kkk
    03-27-15 07:40 PM
    Best blackberry ever

At&t Blk passport since 3/13/15 "king of phones" oakland ca
    04-01-15 04:51 PM
    That's ok. I had the pleasure of going into my AT&T store and telling them I wanted to buy the Passport. They looked at me like I dropped in from another planet and how can I possibly want to "downgrade" from my Note Edge. They all know me so I had no problem telling them to quit hating and they have no clue what they're talking about. I know more than most of them put together (yah ok, I'm like that and NO, I didn't actually say that but they know). I felt quie proud of myself walking out of there with my new Berry in hand thank you very much.
    I too had a Note Edge. I walked into the AT&T store on the way home from school and told the rep that I wanted a BlackBerry Passport and he looked at me and asked me, "Are you sure you want that? The Note Edge is faaaaarrrrrrrrr superior to a BlackBerry". Thirty minutes later, I walked out with my new Passport in hand and couldn't be happier! None of the reps knew much about the device, nor did they care to learn about it or discuss it with me when I was in the store. They kept asking me why I wanted to leave the Note Edge.

I absolutely LOVE my Passport and it's the perfect device for me
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-02-15 12:04 AM
    I too had a Note Edge. I walked into the AT&T store on the way home from school and told the rep that I wanted a BlackBerry Passport and he looked at me and asked me, "Are you sure you want that? The Note Edge is faaaaarrrrrrrrr superior to a BlackBerry". Thirty minutes later, I walked out with my new Passport in hand and couldn't be happier! None of the reps knew much about the device, nor did they care to learn about it or discuss it with me when I was in the store. They kept asking me why I wanted to leave the Note Edge.

I absolutely LOVE my Passport and it's the perfect device for me
    Well, it's not that the Edge is a bad device. It has a lot of nice features and of course the coolness factor but with all that it had going on, it just seemed to get really laggy at times and I never really said that about any other device, even the Note 3 when I had it. When I read about the Passport (before it came out), I started to get the old familiar itch. My very first smart phone (mine and history's) was the original Blackberry and I more or less grew up with them so I was wanting to return to my roots and Blackberry finally came out with a device to get my attention. The last really good Blackberry I personally owned was the Bold 9700 (great phone) but that's about when all the other smart phones started coming out and they gave me a lot more options. Fast forward to Blackberry 10 and the Passport and I can now return to where I belong with no regrets. I hate when people rag about Blackberry when they really have NO clue. I'm pretty sure I was more informed on the pros and cons of each operating system (Android, BB and iOS) than any of them. They, on the other hand, are young and probably have NO experience at all with Blackberry other than what they've been fed. I definitely told them about themselves (nicely of course) and will continue to do so whenever I go there.
    04-02-15 07:08 AM
    Nice clitrenta ,

Glad you are back to BB - The passport rocks and is far better than many phones out right now
    04-05-15 09:21 PM
    Nice clitrenta ,

Glad you are back to BB - The passport rocks and is far better than many phones out right now
    I suppose really it just comes down to personal preference but surely the Passport should get no less love than any other smart phone. Every phone has its pros and cons and for some, this might be exactly what they're looking for. Unfortunately they may never know it because there isn't anyone out there (retailers) singing its praises. To a large extent though, I will blame this on Blackberry. Perhaps they don't have the money but I'm willing to bet that a sizeable marketing campaign would help bridge the gap and at least inform people of what the Blackberry Passport/Classic have to offer. In the absence of information, people will go with what they do hear.
    04-07-15 06:58 AM
    Bump, first post here. Got my AT&T passport today. After reading the threads here and elsewhere, I decided I liked the phone. I'm not a big app person, hell I'm still using windows mobile (would even stick with it but it's acting up) >.>. Anyways, the passport seems like a good ebook reading device (yeah, 70% of what I do on the phone) so if anyone knows of a good e-reader for epub format, let me know . Looks like I have a lot to learn in the up coming weeks, installing android playstore (found the link so hoping it works without a hitch) and figuring out how to update the BB versions (I did like playing with roms on windows mobile but hated them on android) again hoping this step isn't too hard.

Just popping in as a first post, so excited that I managed to snag an AT&T passport on ebay that was already unlocked for $450 and had everything with it and no problems with phone. Now I need to find a plan and case which is my more immediate weekend task. Look forward to seeing me as I ask questions and just because I like popping in on things that interest me.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-07-15 07:54 PM
    Got mine today, definitely returning my red unlocked pp

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:03 PM
    Why the at&t box is awful

CB10 - Q10
    04-07-15 08:58 PM
    Got mine yesterday. I'm getting used to it. Definitely a learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 10:11 PM
    Bump, first post here. Got my AT&T passport today. After reading the threads here and elsewhere, I decided I liked the phone. I'm not a big app person, hell I'm still using windows mobile (would even stick with it but it's acting up) >.>. Anyways, the passport seems like a good ebook reading device (yeah, 70% of what I do on the phone) so if anyone knows of a good e-reader for epub format, let me know . Looks like I have a lot to learn in the up coming weeks, installing android playstore (found the link so hoping it works without a hitch) and figuring out how to update the BB versions (I did like playing with roms on windows mobile but hated them on android) again hoping this step isn't too hard.

Just popping in as a first post, so excited that I managed to snag an AT&T passport on ebay that was already unlocked for $450 and had everything with it and no problems with phone. Now I need to find a plan and case which is my more immediate weekend task. Look forward to seeing me as I ask questions and just because I like popping in on things that interest me.
    Welcome to BlackBerry!

Accessories thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=999507

Don't know about reader apps.
    04-08-15 09:07 AM
    I have to admit I am kind of jealous reagrding that AT&T Passport variant. Especially because of the completely flat screen, which makes use of screen protectors much easier compared to the original version. Also that longer chin at the bottom might improve typing comfort. *sigh* I guess it was worth the wait for US customers, at least for those willing to go through AT&T.

Now I'd be curious to know how reactions would be when designs would be vice versa: What would've happened when the new design was the original design, while the exclusive AT&T design would resemble the known original design? Would people be positively surprised, would it raise negative comments?
    Personally I am "stuck" with the original Passport, I still like that rather unconventional design for a BlackBerry device, even though it sure could be more practical.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 02:14 PM
    I have to admit I am kind of jealous reagrding that AT&T Passport variant. Especially because of the completely flat screen, which makes use of screen protectors much easier compared to the original version. Also that longer chin at the bottom might improve typing comfort. *sigh* I guess it was worth the wait for US customers, at least for those willing to go through AT&T.

Now I'd be curious to know how reactions would be when designs would be vice versa: What would've happened when the new design was the original design, while the exclusive AT&T design would resemble the known original design? Would people be positively surprised, would it raise negative comments?
    Personally I am "stuck" with the original Passport, I still like that rather unconventional design for a BlackBerry device, even though it sure could be more practical.

Posted via CB10
    The att passport is amazing, my red unlocked one goes back to amazon tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 04:11 PM
    got a dumb question, how do I know what version of bb I'm on? my software version is 10.3.1.1372 but I saw on a different post that the numbers you guys talk about and the actual installed numbers vary? So mine isn't called 1372 but something else?

Can I get some help filtering out which leaks are okay for the at&t ones? I saw someone say that it doesn't matter but then I see all the warnings so I'm not sure.
    04-08-15 05:39 PM
    Are the radios in the AT&T variant identical to the unlocked version? Is it fully compatible with Tmobile?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-08-15 06:05 PM
290 ... 9101112