Hi all. I'm sure this has been posted already, but for those looking to buy the passport but don't have an att account, you can buy it from amazon. No att account required.

You can unlock the device online for 40.$.

Then put it any sim you want. Works great!
    03-18-15 02:21 PM
    Hi all. I'm sure this has been posted already, but for those looking to buy the passport but don't have an att account, you can buy it from amazon. No att account required.

You can unlock the device online for 40.$.

Then put it any sim you want. Works great!
    Same goes for Best Buy Online.
    03-18-15 03:00 PM
    Pls tell me how can get a unlocked BlackBerry Passport, Thx.
    03-18-15 04:06 PM
    Pls tell me how can get a unlocked BlackBerry Passport, Thx.
    If you want a Passport, not necessarily the AT&T Passport, you can buy the factory unlocked SQW100-1 model from ShopBlackBerry here, or Amazon here. I recommend the latter, unless you absolutely have to buy from ShopBB.

If you want an AT&T Passport (SQW100-3,) you can get that from Best Buy; vvildstar has probably posted a link to it earlier in this thread. It will come locked to AT&T though, so you'll have to get it unlocked.
    03-18-15 04:13 PM
    So that means it's still a locked one to ATT even I get it from eBay? I just need a unlocked ATT Passport. What can I do then? Thank you.
    03-18-15 05:39 PM
    So that means it's still a locked one to ATT even I get it from eBay? I just need a unlocked ATT Passport. What can I do then? Thank you.
    You can buy a locked AT&T Passport from Best Buy and then pay the $40 to unlock it. Once unlocked can go to your carrier of choice and get a SIM.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-18-15 05:54 PM
    Thanks for your opinion, I wonder how about buying it on ATT official website? And where can I buy a code for a unlock number? Thx again. Very appreciate your answer.
    03-18-15 08:27 PM
    Thanks for your opinion, I wonder how about buying it on ATT official website? And where can I buy a code for a unlock number? Thx again. Very appreciate your answer.
    You can't buy this phone on AT&T's website if you're not a) already a customer, or b) getting new service through them.

The other option, as previously mentioned, is to buy from Best Buy. It's $700 no contract, but you are not required to get AT&T service when you buy it at the no contract price. However...for unlocking purposes you may need to put an AT&T SIM card in the phone, so that the phone "registers" with the AT&T system. One unlocking service has reported that otherwise they can't generate the unlock code.

As for where you can buy unlock codes, take your pick. BlackBerryCodeSource, QuickPhoneUnlock, etc. etc.
    Last edited by raino; 03-18-15 at 09:02 PM.
    anon6040766 likes this.
    03-18-15 08:51 PM
    You can't buy this phone on AT&T's website if you're not a) already a customer, or b) getting new service through them.

The other option, as previously mentioned, is to buy from Best Buy. It's $700 no contract, but you are not required to get AT&T service when you buy it at the no contract price. However...for unlocking purposes you may need to put an AT&T SIM card in the phone, so that the phone "registers" with the AT&T system. One unlocking service has reported that otherwise they can't generate the unlock code.

As for where you can buy unlock codes, take your pick. BlackBerryCodeSource, QuickPhoneUnlock, etc. etc.
    Best Buy will also price match ATT, lowering the price down to $649.99. Also, there have been some who have had success getting the unlock code from ATT for free through the website and did not need to put an ATT sim in the device prior to this.
    raino likes this.
    03-19-15 08:40 AM
    Best Buy will also price match ATT, lowering the price down to $649.99. Also, there have been some who have had success getting the unlock code from ATT for free through the website and did not need to put an ATT sim in the device prior to this.
    It's an interesting Paradox. Recent legislation requires carriers to Unlock Phones at the request of the customer. The caveats if I understand them correctly is you must own the device from either purchasing it outright or paying it off through a subsidized plan in which your contract is up.

Herein lies the issue. If you purchase the device from Best Buy full retail and never activate the device with a carrier such as AT&T in this case, then have you truly met the full requirements that forces the carrier to Unlock the device for you?

raino likes this.
    03-19-15 09:47 AM
    It's an interesting Paradox. Recent legislation requires carriers to Unlock Phones at the request of the customer. The caveats if I understand them correctly is you must own the device from either purchasing it outright or paying it off through a subsidized plan in which your contract is up.

Herein lies the issue. If you purchase the device from Best Buy full retail and never activate the device with a carrier such as AT&T in this case, then have you truly met the full requirements that forces the carrier to Unlock the device for you?

According to ATT, you have met the requirements as a "non-ATT mobility customer."
    03-19-15 09:48 AM
    According to ATT, you have met the requirements as a "non-ATT mobility customer."
    Nice...that's solid info to know for sure. Didn't realize that. I buy all my phones full retail because A) I have problems, lol...and B) I don't like to be on a contract. Here's my lineup, excuse the iPhone 6 on the left. Had to at least test drive it. Can't really make comparisons and have real conversations about advantages and disadvantages unless you've used the devices IMO.
    The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150317_164622_edit.jpg

Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-19-15 10:08 AM
    But if it was the "non-AT&T mobility customer" thing, they would be charging for the code (or be free to do so.) So does that really apply?

Well, if the website is working, that's good to know. I was under the impression that it was throwing up barriers as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    03-19-15 10:33 AM
    But if it was the "non-AT&T mobility customer" thing, they would be charging for the code (or be free to do so.) So does that really apply?

Well, if the website is working, that's good to know. I was under the impression that it was throwing up barriers as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    ATT does not charge you to unlock the device because you have already bought the phone outright through them. Since it is an ATT branded device, they are the one's that hold the unlock keys for the device. And the website does work, for free.
    03-19-15 01:54 PM
    I got mine a week ago, and I am absolutely in love with it. Such an incredible device. Couldn't be more pleased.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:09 PM
    The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-note-passport_edit.jpg
    Freshly unboxed last night sitting next to my Note 4. Digging it so far for sure

Posted via CB10
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    03-19-15 09:18 PM
    Not sure that the pic loaded. I'll try again

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-note-passport_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:19 PM
    AT&T is my service provider and I have good service from them. However my main complaint is about AT&T Company stores and in general the one closest to me in Largo Fl. store # 610, and yes I want to call them out. That store like many others just does not want to sell Blackberries IMO. In their arrogant, obtuse way their focus is on I-phones and nothing else. There is a majority of older cell phone users in this community and this store is STILL hell bent to sell children's phones rather than a superior, secure easy to use business phone like the Passport.

I had the pleasure of purchasing my UNLOCKED Passport from shop Blackberry late last year and love the original style with its thin appearance. Screw you AT&T store 610. You have lost my business for FRIGGIN EVER!

I have personally informed Blackberry of this and it seems even their attitude is Ok so what. Go figure!
    lang007 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    03-20-15 08:10 AM
    AT&T is my service provider and I have good service from them. However my main complaint is about AT&T Company stores and in general the one closest to me in Largo Fl. store # 610, and yes I want to call them out. That store like many others just does not want to sell Blackberries IMO. In their arrogant, obtuse way their focus is on I-phones and nothing else. There is a majority of older cell phone users in this community and this store is STILL hell bent to sell children's phones rather than a superior, secure easy to use business phone like the Passport.

I had the pleasure of purchasing my UNLOCKED Passport from shop Blackberry late last year and love the original style with its thin appearance. Screw you AT&T store 610. You have lost my business for FRIGGIN EVER!

I have personally informed Blackberry of this and it seems even their attitude is Ok so what. Go figure!
    I agree with you it is not just your store it is most AT&T stores. If they do sell the Blackberry it is in a corner with no advertising around it at all. I truly feel it is an AT&T thing not a store thing.
    03-20-15 08:21 AM
    I have the original passport, but thinking to change to the new version. Any idea what is the differences other than physical hardware? How to get it to Singapore?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:23 AM
    I really love my passport..but the screen still on flickering
    The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-facebook-20150307-211622_edit1.png

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:29 AM

That's ok. I had the pleasure of going into my AT&T store and telling them I wanted to buy the Passport. They looked at me like I dropped in from another planet and how can I possibly want to "downgrade" from my Note Edge. They all know me so I had no problem telling them to quit hating and they have no clue what they're talking about. I know more than most of them put together (yah ok, I'm like that and NO, I didn't actually say that but they know). I felt quie proud of myself walking out of there with my new Berry in hand thank you very much.
    03-20-15 10:10 AM
    I really love my passport..but the screen still on flickering

Posted via CB10
    A reboot usually minimizes the flickering. The next software updates have fixed it. You can load yourself if you wish or wait for your carrier to release.
    03-20-15 10:41 AM
    Why does AT&T hate BlackBerry so much? I don't understand it. It's like they're brain-washed. BlackBerry makes incredible devices, and my Passport is better than any other phone I've ever owned. They need to get off their knees with Apple, for real. It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-20-15 10:44 AM
    Why does AT&T hate BlackBerry so much? I don't understand it. It's like they're brain-washed. BlackBerry makes incredible devices, and my Passport is better than any other phone I've ever owned. They need to get off their knees with Apple, for real. It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Not just AT&T. I actually think it might be due more to the fact that all the reps are young people who simply haven't experienced anything more than the iPhone and have drank the Kool-Aid
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    03-20-15 12:19 PM
290 ... 89101112