I am also on T Mobile and I am going to look at the AT&T model today and if I like it, I will probably buy one, but I need to know if I buy it outright at the full price can AT&T unlock it for me?

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    From what I've heard, ATT is unlike other carriers are requires you to have an account with them, even to purchase the phone outright. So this means openning an account and then canceling it or purchasing a prepaid card. I have also heard that even if the phone is purchased outright, they will not unlock it for 60 days. In the T-Mobile thread, it appears as though you can purchase a 3rd party unlock code earlier than that. Hopefully someone on here who has purchased the ATT version for use on another network can chime in.
    02-26-15 04:33 AM
    From what I've heard, ATT is unlike other carriers are requires you to have an account with them, even to purchase the phone outright. So this means openning an account and then canceling it or purchasing a prepaid card. I have also heard that even if the phone is purchased outright, they will not unlock it for 60 days. In the T-Mobile thread, it appears as though you can purchase a 3rd party unlock code earlier than that. Hopefully someone on here who has purchased the ATT version for use on another network can chime in.
    I hope so too

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    02-26-15 04:34 AM
    My AT&T Passport was delivered yesterday!

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150225_121726.jpg
    The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150225_165610.jpg

It's nice, but I prefer the square version.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:04 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150225_121726.jpg 
Views:	1717 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	337087

Name:	IMG_20150225_165610.jpg 
Views:	1716 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	337088

Posted via CB10
    Super jealous, let me know if you decide to sell or trade it!
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-26-15 07:52 AM
    Why is the chin bigger on the at&t version??

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:52 AM
    Question to those who received an AT&T Passport shipped from AT&T rather than a store purchase. Did those that did received a sealed box?

I received mine on Tuesday and the seal was broken on the box...actually 2 seals were broken. The original seal, please another seal of dime size with QC on it. I had a major problem with bluetooth dropping out on my Ford F150 SYNC2 that I have never had with a Blackberry device (Passport Gen1, Z30 or Z10). It has me wondering if I got one that had issues before.

Any way, that one is in a box headed back to AT&T with another one on the way since it was only 2 days old.

So I am now back in the waiting camp till this time next week. Also...I am going to mod my Sedio Surface holster to work with the AT&T SQW100-3 naked. The height of the naked SQW100-3 is the same as the Surface case. So I need to mod the holster to hold the phone snugly...which I think is doable with little effort. That is till Sedio has a product which I understand is in the works.
    02-26-15 09:17 AM
    I missed the keyboard too coming from Z10. Particularly the shortcut buttons like N and P to see the next or previous message in the hub without swiping back to the hub. Also like the interactive keyboard. Was never a big fan of smudging up my screen all the time.

My wife is an ardent Samsung fan, but says she really likes it. My neighbor strayed from BB after the Torch. He's thinking about getting a Passport now.
    02-26-15 12:23 PM
    Why is the chin bigger on the at&t version??

Posted via CB10
    Do a search, it has been discussed many times.
    02-26-15 12:55 PM
    Question to those who received an AT&T Passport shipped from AT&T rather than a store purchase. Did those that did received a sealed box?

I received mine on Tuesday and the seal was broken on the box...actually 2 seals were broken. The original seal, please another seal of dime size with QC on it. I had a major problem with bluetooth dropping out on my Ford F150 SYNC2 that I have never had with a Blackberry device (Passport Gen1, Z30 or Z10). It has me wondering if I got one that had issues before.

Any way, that one is in a box headed back to AT&T with another one on the way since it was only 2 days old.

So I am now back in the waiting camp till this time next week. Also...I am going to mod my Sedio Surface holster to work with the AT&T SQW100-3 naked. The height of the naked SQW100-3 is the same as the Surface case. So I need to mod the holster to hold the phone snugly...which I think is doable with little effort. That is till Sedio has a product which I understand is in the works.
    Mine was sealed, that would make me question why the seals were broken.

Sent from my AT&T Passport
    lang007 and dcwbearsaint like this.
    02-26-15 01:19 PM
    I've had mine for 2 days now...so far so good! Really the only adjustment is the kb, but I'm getting better. Here are some photos...

02-26-15 01:21 PM
    Have had mine since launch day last Friday...AT&T is the worst customer service in the biz, but this phone is an absolute joy to use and gets better the more I use it. One thing I did do is turn off the keyboard scroll...it makes the editing ball float away when editing text. The keyboard scroll feature is perfect for someone coming over from z10/30 since the flicking is identical, and I turn it back on to demo web scrolling to people. I do miss the numbers being on the keypad still, and wish they would have just gave us the shift button. Came from Q10 >9900>9000>7230>5810.

Posted via CB10
    I've had mine since Friday and love it. Something I just learned the other day...if you swipe down on the keyboard the virtual keyboard comes up and you'll notice all the numbers and such have little letters on them that correspond to the physical keyboard so you just hit that key for the number or character. Also if tap and hold the "@123" virtual key the same thing happens.

There is an awesome thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-tips-965730/ with all types of keyboard tips.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:26 PM
    Super jealous, let me know if you decide to sell or trade it!
    LOL! I'll think about it and let you know! I actually got it for my wife, but she's not ready to switch devices just yet. When I got my passport at the end of September, she inherited my white Z30. I think she likes it!
    02-26-15 02:07 PM

Name:	IMG_20150225_121726.jpg 
Views:	1717 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	337087

Name:	IMG_20150225_165610.jpg 
Views:	1716 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	337088

Posted via CB10
    I love that phone. I should have mine delivered next week. Just ordered it today
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-26-15 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the pix dlrogers81 I really like that case. I ordered that one myself
    dlrogers81 likes this.
    02-26-15 02:15 PM

Same here. Both seals were open, but I've had that happen when ordering online from AT&T. Perhaps they do a validation prior to shipping to avoid claims of receiving an empty box? Since I've had it happen before, i didn't question it. And the Passport was clearly new and never used.
    RDZONE99, thedose and dcwbearsaint like this.
    02-26-15 02:48 PM
    My just-received-1-hour-ago PP was in an unsealed box. AT&T has to insert the SIM card somehow... *(if you're getting a new line)

Same with my Amazon-delivered Classic. But on that phone I was installing my own SIM.
    02-26-15 02:54 PM
    Do a search, it has been discussed many times.
    Well excuse me!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:52 PM
    Well excuse me!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol wasn't trying to be rude if it came off that way! I believe it was due to a slight change in the internals of the phone.
    02-26-15 04:16 PM
    LOL! I'll think about it and let you know! I actually got it for my wife, but she's not ready to switch devices just yet. When I got my passport at the end of September, she inherited my white Z30. I think she likes it!
    No problem, would definitely be interested if she doesn't like it! I'm hoping that she does though as it looks to be a great device!
    02-26-15 04:19 PM
    Same here. Both seals were open, but I've had that happen when ordering online from AT&T. Perhaps they do a validation prior to shipping to avoid claims of receiving an empty box? Since I've had it happen before, i didn't question it. And the Passport was clearly new and never used.
    Same thoughts here. The phone had all the new stickers, but there had been 2 seals (the standard large 1.5" circle and a smaller dime size with QC over the larger one). The 2 seals both broken did not seem right. Anyway, I am hoping that the Bluetooth issue I had was a one time thing. I spend a lot of time traveling and my original Passport for 5 months never had a Bluetooth problem.

Thanks for verifying.
    02-26-15 05:17 PM
    Hey guys!!

I posted the yesterday about buying the Passport from AT&T and that it would arrive today.

Well it arrived and I'm in love!!!!

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-passport.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:22 PM
    Congratulation to my American neighbours. I like the look of the AT&T Passport too, but I am enjoying my original Big Red at the moment . The Passport is a great phone. I hope it does well in the States.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:37 PM
    Thanks for the pix dlrogers81 I really like that case. I ordered that one myself
    No problem! At first I wasn't too sure about the case, but I'm starting to really like it. It gives a good grip without adding a lot of bulk.

02-26-15 09:17 PM
    I got my AT&T yesterday and I still have the OP. My opinion:
    It looks good, just a little larger than the OP but we are talking about mm., so not too much. Looks like a fat Classic but it's fine also. What it is remarkable different is the keyboard, it is absolutely best, smoother.
    So, besides the look and the keyboard I do not see any other difference.
    My conclusion:
    Both phones are great!!! It's all about what you like, if you like square or round. That's it.
    I think Passport is the best phone today. I tested the Classic but, no offense for Classic lovers it looks so cheap for me. So plastic. Definitely not the quality we expect for a company high quality like Blackberry. Looks like a cheap phone for the cheap masses.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-27-15 10:02 AM
    Got mine this Monday.
    The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img-20150226-wa018.jpg

Posted from my Passport
    Tim-ANC, lang007 and bgboi3 like this.
    02-27-15 10:07 AM
290 ... 56789 ...