Positive.

When you try to buy one outright they make you jump through a ton of hoops. You have to give them id, last 4 of the planholders social and login to the my att web app in front of them then they have to take the sim card out of your old phone, open your new phone for you, place the sim card inside and make sure that the phone number connected to the sim is the same as the one you logged into the my att app with. If you can't do any of those things they refuse to sell you the phone.
    Does 'find an AT&T customer, ask them to order it at full price and request unlock code' work? Or do they have some barriers against that as well?
    02-21-15 02:33 PM
    Stopped by a corporate store in Queens NY to take a look at the ATT version, and it looks pretty good. Not a fan of the chin, but I like the fact that the screen is flat so screen protectors will now sit flush with no problem. With the solid metal band, it feels a little less premium imo but all in all it looked good. Still prefer my original.

Posted via CB10
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-21-15 02:56 PM
    I like the original's square design much better. The curved corners are meh in my opinion. The latest iphones and Samsungs are all curved and IMO boring.
    As far as I'm concerned the only thing the AT&T has going for it is wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    jonassabatini likes this.
    02-21-15 03:23 PM
    Does 'find an AT&T customer, ask them to order it at full price and request unlock code' work? Or do they have some barriers against that as well?
    Might work. I bought mine at full price. Want me to request an unlock code and see what happens?

Posted via CB10
    raino, jonassabatini and JGUZEK like this.
    02-21-15 03:31 PM
    Yes!! Just ordered mine for in-store pickup! Tomorrow morning can't come fast enough. After 3 years with an ip4 I'm finally going back to my first love!!
    02-21-15 04:42 PM
    Might work. I bought mine at full price. Want me to request an unlock code and see what happens?
    If you want to, sure! If you're a current customer, they should do it for free, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle the request for such a new device.

Also, do you have access to a TMO network-using SIM?
    02-21-15 04:56 PM
    Picked up mine yesterday. They only got 1 Passport in so I was lucky to get it. I prefer the rounded corners but thought I wouldn't when I viewed it online. The larger chin strip makes it easier to type and hold onto. Wish they had it in other colors a I prefer the Red.
    I don't feel AT&T is supporting Blackberry as they should me. They don't seem to be marketing it in their stores nor on Television. Still having a hard time finding a case for it.
    02-21-15 05:23 PM
    It is done online... I can't recall the address but I think I google "AT&T unlock code". You enter some information including the IMEI and get an email with the unlock code and instructions.

I just know how to do it because unlocked another phone last week. I have the International Passport so I don't need a code for it.

If you call AT&T they just give you the website.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:25 PM
    You have to wait 60 days from the date of purchase apparently

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:55 PM
    Just got my ship notice...However it is only for the phone. The case is backordered from AT&T. So on Tuesday, I should have a phone, but no case.

Picked up mine yesterday. They only got 1 Passport in so I was lucky to get it. I prefer the rounded corners but thought I wouldn't when I viewed it online. The larger chin strip makes it easier to type and hold onto. Wish they had it in other colors a I prefer the Red.
    I don't feel AT&T is supporting Blackberry as they should me. They don't seem to be marketing it in their stores nor on Television. Still having a hard time finding a case for it.
    02-21-15 06:10 PM
    You have to wait 60 days from the date of purchase apparently
    Oh are you a new account? If so, then yes.

Here are their requirements: att.com/deviceunlock

Regardless, thanks for trying.
    02-21-15 06:41 PM
    No. I have had ATT for over 10 years....

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:02 PM
    If this is the official 'I just got my AT&T passport' thread, where are all the pictures?!

Posted via CB10
    thedose and anon5989741 like this.
    02-21-15 08:23 PM
    If this is the official 'I just got my AT&T passport' thread, where are all the pictures?!

Posted via CB10
    It's kinda turned into the official "talk about the AT&T Passport" thread
    saxxman and EsJayDee like this.
    02-21-15 09:42 PM
    No. I have had ATT for over 10 years....
    Postpaid? If so, then they're either unaware of the new rules that went into effect, or AT&T is just being difficult with a new phone. If you bought it off-contract, then you should be meeting the "All the device’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full" requirement, which is the only possible hangup.

Did you try submitting a request through the online link I posted?
    02-21-15 09:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Taken with my Z10 after getting in the pickup with the new toy.

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150220_102346.jpg
    02-21-15 10:44 PM
    I always do cases, thats just cause I am OCD lol. The body glove case I got isn't to bad. It could fit better and I don't like the skimpy part they put by the volume controls, but for now I will use it.
    02-22-15 10:07 AM
    Here's a few more...
    It is a bit tight fit in the holster, but I am not using the holster. I assume it will get looser with use.

Attachment 335385

Attachment 335386

Attachment 335387

Posted via CB10
    they had the case as well. expensive? I just order the classic should have waited but I'm with t mobile so I still own on my other phone.
    02-22-15 12:08 PM
    With all the selling out in LA, I really don't regret being the only two (wife and me) nerds at the AT&T store when they opened!

I've noticed a few tips and tricks lists on the Web, but I discovered something super useful. If you pinch while in the hub, it'll show only unread messages/notifications. Thought everyone might find it useful.

Posted using my Passport. Which is, frankly, so awesome, it's obscene.
    02-22-15 12:21 PM
    Ready for tomorrow, that's when mines supposed to get here!

Z10
    02-22-15 12:28 PM
    give it to me!
    02-22-15 12:33 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Very disappointed at the level of customer service provided by at&t. They had no idea how to use the phone. I was giving the sales rep tips on how the phone works. Nonetheless, I love the power. Good phone but too big for my needs I used my 9900 for 3 years. Bought all the new devices and returned then within days. .. the phone is huge! I hope the classic is not super slow
    02-22-15 01:09 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Very disappointed at the level of customer service provided by at&t. They had no idea how to use the phone. I was giving the sales rep tips on how the phone works. Nonetheless, I love the power. Good phone but too big for my needs I used my 9900 for 3 years. Bought all the new devices and returned then within days. .. the phone is huge! I hope the classic is not super slow
    If you liked the 9900, the classic should be great for you and should have the power of the passport. Good luck, I hope you like it.
    02-22-15 11:34 PM
    Sound like you did not do your homework...
    02-22-15 11:37 PM
    Got mine this afternoon...

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150222_140920.jpg

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150222_214637_edit.png

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport
    02-22-15 11:47 PM
290 ... 23456 ...