I haven't got one yet, but was told the att passport was to support wireless charging, can anyone confirm that?

Posted via CB10
    There's another thread going on where it has been confirmed.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    mdudnikov likes this.
    02-21-15 12:44 AM
    Been to two cincy stores both have classic no passport demo
    Did you ask the reps for inventory check? Go to the store in Newport KY they have a demo unit and they had 1 unit in stock to buy... which I bought at 9am. They said Florence KY store has 5 in stock to buy and probably a demo unit to boot. Disappointed that the folks at Kenwood lied.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-21-15 12:48 AM
    Request: can someone with a SQW100-3 take a screencap of Settings > About > General and post it here?

Posted via CB10
    raino and mrfreeze like this.
    02-21-15 01:45 AM
    Cropped to remove my blackberry ID

The "I just got my AT&T Passport" thread!-img_20150220_234943_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:51 AM
    I looked at the inventory all morning and saw zero in my area. I called both local corporate stores by me as soon as they opened, they said they did not have any but think they will have some in their shipment to call back around noon. I called back and was told they had 1 passport and 1 classic. I asked them to hold the passport I am on my way. I got there and they brought the passport out from the back for me. I played with the display for both the classic and passport as I have never seen either of them in person.

I really liked both phones but the Passport was just instantly comfortable to me. I chose the passport and they only had one case and screen protector (I got the same case - Body Glove) while not ideal, its good for the time being.

While I was there, several people came in asking for the classic and one was sold while I was there. The rep had a classic and the store was bewildered as to why they did not send them more inventory.

I couldn't be happier with my Passport. I have to learn the OS now as my last BB was a 9900. I love this phone!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-21-15 07:04 AM
    What is the point of getting a glove case when there is stainless steel around the phone?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    02-21-15 07:17 AM
    How it feels when typing? I mean, compared to the original design

Posted via CB10
    Coming from a Q10 it's not bad. Much different though. First day but I think I'll be great in no time. The flick keyboard words are awesome too. No regrets here.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:43 AM
    What is the point of getting a glove case when there is stainless steel around the phone?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    It is a nice protective case thicker on outer edge and has a ridge on from to lay phone on it's face.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:47 AM
    I have the original SpongeBob Square phone and I must reluctantly admit, I like the ATT version better, but now that I have dove into the deep waters of buying unlocked, I don't see myself signing any more 2 year contracts. I bought my phone for $599 (my son recently got one for $499) , so if you can get a BYOP wireless plan for roughly $13-17 a month less than ATT, you come out money ahead. I am currently on T-Mobile, but there are quite a few GSM carriers who ride on the ATT and T-Mobile networks advertising $40-50 unlimited plans with taxes and fees included.

Really? If BlackBerry had the same subsidy deal as Apple and Samsung, the Passport would be free with a 2 year contract, and the Classic would come with a free tablet

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:58 AM
    I'm jealous.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    02-21-15 08:19 AM
    I think AT&T&s version is awesome... prefer it over mine.... the added space at bottom was a good move......

For the US customers... worth the wait! Go for it!

From my awesome 5 month old Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    Looks nice. I just wish it showed the bb logo in the back.
    02-21-15 08:28 AM
    When I called into customer care I used one of the numbers on my companies business account (since I am the manager of that account). I stated I just wanted to purchase the phone outright rather than an upgrade for the number I gave them. She said that was not problem, but the price would be $649...which was expected. Anyway, they did have the order associated to the number I gave them, but they did not trigger it as an upgrade. So I should not get a SIM card with it but rather the phone and accessory (BG case). They are estimating that the 25th to the 27th would be when I would receive it.

Positive.

When you try to buy one outright they make you jump through a ton of hoops. You have to give them id, last 4 of the planholders social and login to the my att web app in front of them then they have to take the sim card out of your old phone, open your new phone for you, place the sim card inside and make sure that the phone number connected to the sim is the same as the one you logged into the my att app with. If you can't do any of those things they refuse to sell you the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:35 AM
    Hey all. Bought a unlocked version to use for business only. Long time vzw guy so I'm not switching to att just yet.

Like the look of att better with smoother corners.

I am hoping vzw gets the phone someday.

It took about 2 days to get use to the keyboard.

Good luck to everyone getting one. One sweet piece of tech.

Posted via CB10
    workerb likes this.
    02-21-15 08:43 AM
    It's looking definitely more ergonomic.

Sent from Passport
    02-21-15 08:45 AM
    Just noticed that mine has shipped, and I should have it on Tuesday. I've been watching YouTube videos of it, and just looks more and more awesome! I never really looked into the og model. I really hope this takes off now. I hope the Classic does well too!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    02-21-15 09:10 AM
    Better to order online on their site.

Posted via CB10
    Of course. Except I need to work some magic on my plan with my local guy.
    02-21-15 10:00 AM
    I went to our local store in Utah yesterday morning. They initially told me they didn't have any in stock but eventually found one Passport in the back. I didn't get a chance to see one before purchasing as they only had the one. Coming from a Lumia 1520 I was not worried about the size... the Passport is so small an adorable.

Within a short time out of the box I started having flickering. I changed the ''hide actions bar when scrolling'' setting to off and that seems to have helped me.

This is my first BlackBerry since a Curve several years ago. I adjusted to the physical keyboard within hours. I think in part because I have had several different types of phones with keyboards in the past (Nokia n900, various Windows mobile, My Touch, etc.) I'm still getting used to swiping up on the keyboard for the word predictions but love the feature.

I'm very happy. I wanted a phone whose primary purpose was communication and this wins hands down. I have really missed having a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:13 AM
    Mine has random flickering. Go here if you have the same problem :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=998239
    symbotier likes this.
    02-21-15 10:44 AM
    Just ordered my Passport for in store pickup. Can't wait to pick it up. In snowstorm right now... probably won't be able to get until tomorrow.. :-( Been on Android and actually have been using Fire Phone for last few months (I know.. don't hate). Looking forward to getting back to Blackberry. Passport looks amazing. Have actually tried it out at AT&T store yesterday, but wanted to give it some more thought.

Anything I need to know or suggestions before picking this up....

Really getting psyched.
    02-21-15 12:11 PM
    Just ordered my Passport for in store pickup. Can't wait to pick it up. In snowstorm right now... probably won't be able to get until tomorrow.. :-( Been on Android and actually have been using Fire Phone for last few months (I know.. don't hate). Looking forward to getting back to Blackberry. Passport looks amazing. Have actually tried it out at AT&T store yesterday, but wanted to give it some more thought.

Anything I need to know or suggestions before picking this up....

Really getting psyched.
    I love the size of mine and drooling over the AT&T version I have coming. Typing is not as fast as the Bold or probably the classic, but the power and size easily overcomes that. I just love mine...now I will have 2. Just do not tell my wife.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    02-21-15 12:15 PM
    I love the AT&T Passport! Great looking phone. And the extra room below the keyboard makes the phone look more balanced IMO. Congrats to all the folks that have one. Enjoy your new phones!
    02-21-15 12:15 PM
    I have the original SpongeBob Square phone and I must reluctantly admit, I like the ATT version better, but now that I have dove into the deep waters of buying unlocked, I don't see myself signing any more 2 year contracts. I bought my phone for $599 (my son recently got one for $499) , so if you can get a BYOP wireless plan for roughly $13-17 a month less than ATT, you come out money ahead. I am currently on T-Mobile, but there are quite a few GSM carriers who ride on the ATT and T-Mobile networks advertising $40-50 unlimited plans with taxes and fees included.

Really? If BlackBerry had the same subsidy deal as Apple and Samsung, the Passport would be free with a 2 year contract, and the Classic would come with a free tablet

Posted via CB10
    Still go in and sign the contract for two years. Then sell the phone and keep buying unlocked.
    02-21-15 12:18 PM
    Out of stock for online orders.
    Blackberry Passport -- AT&T
    LuvULongTime and CarGuy1368 like this.
    02-21-15 01:58 PM
    If any of you guys end up getting your phone unlocked and have access to a TMO SIM card, please let me know. Thanks.
    02-21-15 02:19 PM
    I got mine yesterday. With the body glove case. I sold my unlock version to a friend. I like the AT&T

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:24 PM
290 12345 ...