Did some further research. Nexus 4 has the same Slimport receiver but no (official) OTG. Evidently the N4 can't supply 5V over USB, which is necessary. A powered USB cable and a kernel patch restore OTG.

Hopefully the Passport will have it enabled, although I'm not 100% sure about seeing OTG support.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't a deal-breaker but it would be good to get a little more certainty.

I also wonder if there's any chance this will support USB 3.0, which would be really nice.

ETA: There's not a lot of information out there, but the most hopeful assertion I've seen so far is that SlimPort cannot support CONCURRENT video and OTG connections, but that as long as you don't need both at the same time (i.e. phone outputs video to TV while reading a movie file off OTG), it can support the connections separately.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Last edited by Thunderbuck; 07-10-14 at 04:16 PM.
    07-10-14 04:04 PM
    Thats why QI charging shoud be on Board. Phone is on the charging pad and you can connect to the hdmi or other device

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    07-12-14 04:33 PM
    I don't see wireless charging happening, but thanks to the MHL port, i see a dock for the Passport as realistic. The MHL port beats out the micro HDMI port as you can charge the phone at the same time as you "HDMI " out to another source.
    07-13-14 07:43 PM
    Thats why QI charging shoud be on Board. Phone is on the charging pad and you can connect to the hdmi or other device

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    MHL does both from one port
    07-13-14 07:45 PM
    Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is an industry standard for a mobile audio/video interface that allows consumers to connect mobile phones, tablets, and other portable consumer electronics (CE) devices to high-definition televisions (HDTVs) and audio receivers. The MHL 3.0 standard supports up to 4K (Ultra HD) high-definition (HD) video and 7.1 surround-sound audio, including TrueHD and DTS-HD, while simultaneously charging the connected device. MHL-enabled products include adapters, automotive accessories, AV receivers, Blu-ray Disc players, cables, DTVs, media sticks, monitors, projectors, smartphones, tablets, TV accessories, and more.
    07-13-14 07:47 PM
    I've played around with Panorama mode, yes it is there.
    imcurved likes this.
    07-14-14 10:16 AM
    Well I certainly hope it has usb otg. Could be a deal breaker if it doesn't. I'd like to see a charging dock that you could plug peripherials including a monitor, for when a true big screen and keyboard & mouse are needed. Get one for the Z30 too.

Oh yeah, also the ability to print without jumping through hoops.
    07-14-14 05:59 PM
    This isn't a deal-breaker but it would be good to get a little more certainty.

I also wonder if there's any chance this will support USB 3.0, which would be really nice.

ETA: There's not a lot of information out there, but the most hopeful assertion I've seen so far is that SlimPort cannot support CONCURRENT video and OTG connections, but that as long as you don't need both at the same time (i.e. phone outputs video to TV while reading a movie file off OTG), it can support the connections separately.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    I don't need both features concurrently so as long as Slimport supports USB OTG, then I'm grateful.

I searched around the Web to verify that USB OTG is supported by Slimport but couldn't find anything. If anybody has a link to such doc, please post it. Thanks.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-15-14 02:30 PM
    That's too bad. OTG is great when traveling... I am able to backup photos from my camera easier this way, straight to my Z30. It is a key feature that helped replace my NetBook on trips...

Posted via CB10
    For my situation, USB OTG is extremely useful for two things: copy the photos directly to my phone and backup scanned documents.

07-15-14 02:33 PM
    I've played around with Panorama mode, yes it is there.
    Thanks for verify. I watched the video for 10.3. Yes indeed. I like the way the software guide you to stay inline.

07-15-14 02:36 PM
    Another feature is NFC. I'm using NFC to transfer video pictures with my family. Hopefully, technology trend will take NFC to the next level in the coming years.

07-16-14 12:54 PM
    I hope the Passport will have a note or memo app with hand-writing recognition function.
    My colleague was taking note with his SS Note whatever during a meeting with a client. In the car on the way back, he had the note converted to a proper font, made some changes and addition, then finish the report of the meeting.
    I would love to have that function on the Passport.
    07-28-14 12:00 PM
    Another feature is NFC. I'm using NFC to transfer video pictures with my family. Hopefully, technology trend will take NFC to the next level in the coming years.

Isn't it easier to do the same thing with BT instead?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:42 PM
    Isn't it easier to do the same thing with BT instead?

Posted via CB10
    With NFC

Find picture
    Tap phones together
    (bluetooth is turned on and pic sent then BT off)
    Job done

With BT

Find pic
    Share via BT
    Find BT phone
    Send

NFC sharing is a bit less involved. Also NFC uses less battery so can be left on... at least I leave mine on and keep BT off...

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 03:11 AM
    Something about the camera? 4K video or at least 120 FPS HD.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 04:21 AM
40 12