I just finished my subway and dreaming about the Passport and thought of different scenarios that I could use it for:
    . Printing solution currently is adequate (works 70% of time*) provided by Printhand. I think BlackBerry should add this as a built-in functionality to BB10.
    . USB OTG must be there at launch. This is one of the features that get me so jealous at Z30 owners.
    . Looks like micro HDMI port won't be there but the new USB port may offer an alternative. There's a discussion about this some where.
    . Miracast must be available at launch. Passport users should be able to cast their screen (netflix, presentation, etc) to a compatible monitor/tv.
    . Radio could be an option but not critical for my needs.
    . It'd be nice to be able to capture panoramic pictures.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-04-14 04:08 PM

Check this review for 10.3 at 14:50...it should be there on the passport.

BroncoVAL and imcurved like this.
    07-04-14 04:25 PM
    Wireless charging without freaking exclusivity but thanks to ATT that might not be happening.
    07-04-14 04:27 PM
    Vladi 100% agree!

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    07-04-14 04:29 PM
    Wireless charging without freaking exclusivity but thanks to ATT that might not be happening.
    You mean thanks to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:55 PM
    Well I hope it has one feature for sure and that is to work just like the real Canadian Passport, love me my beer!

07-04-14 05:37 PM
    I just finished my subway and dreaming about the Passport and thought of different scenarios that I could use it for:
    . Printing solution currently is adequate (works 70% of time*) provided by Printhand. I think BlackBerry should add this as a built-in functionality to BB10.
    . USB OTG must be there at launch. This is one of the features that get me so jealous at Z30 owners.
    . Looks like micro HDMI port won't be there but the new USB port may offer an alternative. There's a discussion about this some where.
    . Miracast must be available at launch. Passport users should be able to cast their screen (netflix, presentation, etc) to a compatible monitor/tv.

Most of these aren't dependent on the Passport so much as BB10...

-Don't know whether BB10 is going to support printing on its own. I agree it's a great idea.
    -USB OTG will be there day one.
    -The Passport does have an HDMI port. Sort of. The new single port on the bottom is both the data port AND the video port. I would assume the phone will come with appropriate cables.
    -Miracast will be there from day one. That's a safe bet.
    -Radio will likely be there too. The Passport has a newer processor and chipset.
    -It's been hinted that the camera software is being tweaked in 10.3, and that it may include panorama mode.
    07-04-14 05:56 PM
    You mean thanks to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    If wireless charging is standard it will most likely be Qi just like on Verizon Z30 but since AT&T has exclusivity deal with PMA none of the pones with Qi wireless charging would be welcome to AT&T stores.
    07-04-14 09:41 PM
    If wireless charging is standard it will most likely be Qi just like on Verizon Z30 but since AT&T has exclusivity deal with PMA none of the pones with Qi wireless charging would be welcome to AT&T stores.
    Damn, that’s messed up. I wonder can they come to some kind of an agreement because this exclusivity thing is killing BlackBerry’s bottom-line, not to mention, how disappointing it is for people who can’t purchase the device that they want without switching carriers.
    07-04-14 10:06 PM
    Agree about printing. Its really lacking. Printhand does not print correctly labels through usps or paypal I have to revert to my Note2 to print them.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    07-04-14 10:30 PM

Damn, that’s messed up. I wonder can they come to some kind of an agreement because this exclusivity thing is killing BlackBerry’s bottom-line, not to mention, how disappointing it is for people who can’t purchase the device that they want without switching carriers.
    If you ask me that's an antitrust case 101 but we live in a filthy corrupted world where money is above any law.
    07-05-14 04:55 AM
    Don't think it was about exclusivity, I just don't think the other carriers wanted to be bothered. Verizon has always been the most business oriented carrier, so they took the Z30 only for that reason.
    07-05-14 06:36 AM
    Check this review for 10.3 at 14:50...it should be there on the passport.

Wow very impressive feature. Thanks for the link.

07-07-14 01:41 AM
    Well I hope it has one feature for sure and that is to work just like the real Canadian Passport, love me my beer!

That's awesome. Thanks for the link.

stealthbob likes this.
    07-07-14 01:44 AM

Damn, that�s messed up. I wonder can they come to some kind of an agreement because this exclusivity thing is killing BlackBerry�s bottom-line, not to mention, how disappointing it is for people who can�t purchase the device that they want without switching carriers.
    It is messed up indeed. Wireless charging is convenient hopefully it will be available.

07-07-14 01:47 AM
    Agree about printing. Its really lacking. Printhand does not print correctly labels through usps or paypal I have to revert to my Note2 to print them.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Being able to print to any printer is a nice feature to have for BlackBerry. Making it more productive for sure.

07-07-14 01:53 AM

This would be an OS want, not a device specific discussion

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    07-07-14 02:20 AM
    -USB OTG will be there day one.
    I'm not so sure. Apparently, the chip that handles Slimport doesn't have USB OTG support. Although, handling storage with Miracast may be in the cards.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:23 AM
    I'm not so sure. Apparently, the chip that handles Slimport doesn't have USB OTG support. Although, handling storage with Miracast may be in the cards.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info. I checked out slimportconnect dot com but didn't see any mention of USB OTG. Sacrifice USB OTG for Slimport may or may not be worth it depending on individual's needs. I prefer USB OTG.

07-07-14 02:00 PM
    I failed to see the benefits of Slimport over the micro HDMI port. I still think not having USB OTG so we could have one less port is not a good tradeoff. Could someone explain?

07-07-14 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. USB OTG is handy and kind of expected on high end devices. Sounds odd that they'd walk away from it.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-10-14 08:53 AM
    Wow. USB OTG is handy and kind of expected on high end devices. Sounds odd that they'd walk away from it.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Did some further research. Nexus 4 has the same Slimport receiver but no (official) OTG. Evidently the N4 can't supply 5V over USB, which is necessary. A powered USB cable and a kernel patch restore OTG.

Hopefully the Passport will have it enabled, although I'm not 100% sure about seeing OTG support.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:11 AM
    One thing I want to see on the passport is accelerated backspace.

That's one thing that drives me nuts on my Q10... if not erasing with gestures, and using backspace - the speed is slow and constant. Whereas the virtual keyboard's backspace is accelerated when holding for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:50 AM
    Did some further research. Nexus 4 has the same Slimport receiver but no (official) OTG. Evidently the N4 can't supply 5V over USB, which is necessary. A powered USB cable and a kernel patch restore OTG.

Hopefully the Passport will have it enabled, although I'm not 100% sure about seeing OTG support.

Posted via CB10
    That's too bad. OTG is great when traveling... I am able to backup photos from my camera easier this way, straight to my Z30. It is a key feature that helped replace my NetBook on trips...

Posted via CB10
    imcurved likes this.
    07-10-14 10:08 AM
    07-10-14 10:26 AM
40 12