That's easy. Within 5 hours, you guys manage to almost convert this guy to ditch BB10 and move to android.

Lol. I might need this therapy.
    #BB10FTW!!!!

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    Unfortunately, I don't have much choice in the matter it seems I'm sticking with blackberry hardware and pkb... luckily a lot of BlackBerry software will also come on the phone as well.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 06:24 AM
    That's the first time I've heard it referred to as "awesome".
    It works excellently for me. Just as accurate as my ladies iPhone 5s. The BlackBerry Assistant does nearly the same stuff as siri does as well.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 06:25 AM
    It's already been shown off this week and it was stated that Mobike World Congress on February 27th will likely be release.
    Yesssssss. This is awesome!

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 06:26 AM
    Do you guys know if Link and Blend still work on the Android BlackBerry devices, like the Mercury?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 06:26 AM
    Do you guys know if Link and Blend still work on the Android BlackBerry devices, like the Mercury?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    No they do not.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-09-17 06:31 AM
    Ugggg. So how do the regular Peons of Android conduct complete image level backups like we can do with our BlackBerry on Link?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 06:52 AM
    What are my options going to be?

Must be BlackBerry OS.. no android. If worst comes to worst, is the pp se a viable upgrade or not worth the cost?

I love full keyboard.

I'm getting so nervous that I may have to leave the BlackBerry arena, I'm so against that. I'm nervous to leave BlackBerry OS as I love it and adore it when it's managed properly. Help?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    If it works for you stay with it. I've always had the latest and greatest and jumped from iPhone to Android but once I hit BB10 and finally landed the Passport I stopped dead in my Tracks. (Kind of like BB10 lol). BB10 and the Passport works so well I will stay with it as long as I continue to enjoy its benefits and I recommend you do the same. Whatever works for you is the answer.
    One thing you could do is if your contract is up for renewal and your getting a new phone, get an iPhone and sell it for top dollar then pocket the money for another day when you do have to make that decision difficult decision.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and blackbp like this.
    01-09-17 06:55 AM
    If it works for you stay with it. I've always had the latest and greatest and jumped from iPhone to Android but once I hit BB10 and finally landed the Passport I stopped dead in my Tracks. (Kind of like BB10 lol). BB10 and the Passport works so well I will stay with it as long as I continue to enjoy its benefits and I recommend you do the same. Whatever works for you is the answer.
    One thing you could do is if your contract is up for renewal and your getting a new phone, get an iPhone and sell it for top dollar then pocket the money for another day when you do have to make that decision difficult decision.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that's an ingenious idea, upgrade to the iPhone and sell it! Lol!! As far as the pp, I fear that with the discontinuation of the os the apps will (and are..) slowly dying off, our features will not expand, and we will eventually be even further behind the times. I LOVE BlackBerry and their os, but I'm watching it fall apart in front of my eyes unfortunately and I'm ultimately going to be forced out of it. I've been using BlackBerry for probably ten years now and I remember back when they'd push 2-3 os updates per YEAR. I think I've received only one or maybe two total on my att pp

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 07:16 AM
    Wow that's an ingenious idea, upgrade to the iPhone and sell it! Lol!! As far as the pp, I fear that with the discontinuation of the os the apps will (and are..) slowly dying off, our features will not expand, and we will eventually be even further behind the times. I LOVE BlackBerry and their os, but I'm watching it fall apart in front of my eyes unfortunately and I'm ultimately going to be forced out of it. I've been using BlackBerry for probably ten years now and I remember back when they'd push 2-3 os updates per YEAR. I think I've received only one or maybe two total on my att pp

Posted via CB10 Passport
    To each their own brother. I personally don't like the proprietary theme Apple has. The reason I suggested an iPhone is due to the fact that it will sell quick and for a good price and again that is if he is happy with what he says he loves about BB10.
    I am merely suggesting and not telling anyone what to do. I have many friends that wanted a phone not provided by their carrier and by using the scenario I laid out they were able to do so.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 07:34 AM
    I'm not knocking the idea at all.. it's quite ingenious. The problem is, from what I gather, with BlackBerry os fading it's only a matter of time before frustrations elevate and the phone becomes useless :/ I'm not an iphone fan in the least myself. Hell, don't even like android...

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-09-17 08:09 AM
    It's called functional fixation - getting stuck on how something works rather than what it does. Do you really believe that what you need to do is different from 99% of smartphone users and that will be that difficult to learn to do things a slightly different way? But, I must be able to do it this way! If you're going to put that much effort into worrying about this over the next six months then perhaps you can shift some of that attention to trying another smartphone platform with an open mind.
    01-09-17 09:39 AM
    To be fair, we are in the passport forum, my signature does say I'm messaging on a passport, and my last post tells that I have a passport lol. I prefer a BlackBerry, I prefer physical keyboard. My passport is awesome if they'd update it and the OS.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    I went from a Classic to a PRIV and am very happy.
    You would likely struggle a bit with the narrower keyboard, but it's an imperfect world.
    I found the transition to 'Droid to be reasonable - a key consideration for me was that there are Google apps that I need for work that I just couldn't get to work on BB10.
    01-09-17 09:41 AM
    The Google voice assistant is much, much better than that on BB10.
    Not since the new update.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-09-17 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Yup they do. If you use itunes on win ten a file needs to be renamed in the itunes folder. Itunes can Bork up link.

01-09-17 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Yawn. Lots of us PP on att. Couldn't be happier.

01-09-17 10:02 AM
    Not since the new update.

It's lightyears ahead of BB10. You can't even seriously compare the two.
    01-09-17 10:03 AM
    It's called functional fixation - getting stuck on how something works rather than what it does. Do you really believe that what you need to do is different from 99% of smartphone users and that will be that difficult to learn to do things a slightly different way? But, I must be able to do it this way! If you're going to put that much effort into worrying about this over the next six months then perhaps you can shift some of that attention to trying another smartphone platform with an open mind.
    I love how the BlackBerry works and what it does. I love the safety of it and the security I love Link (nothing android competes...) and I love blend. I love how easy to navigate BlackBerry is but also how complex it is when you really want to fine tune and customize it. I've asked coworkers with iphone and android about simple customizations I've done over the years with BlackBerry and they always retort that such things aren't possible with their os of choice

Posted via CB10 Passport
    blackbp likes this.
    01-09-17 10:37 AM
    It's lightyears ahead of BB10. You can't even seriously compare the two.
    But that won't stop people from trying.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-09-17 10:37 AM
    Considering most people don't know BlackBerry still makes phones, the advertising push of android phones of various models and combined dominance of iOS and Android.......yes I believe what I've learned I can do different with no more difficulty than anyone going to a new platform, viable. Yes I do is the answer. Apple works for some people and Android works for others, BlackBerry works for me and since I have it all figured out why consider anything else until it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    AYC2112 likes this.
    01-09-17 11:14 AM
    Yup they do. If you use itunes on win ten a file needs to be renamed in the itunes folder. Itunes can Bork up link.

No they don't. He is asking about Android BlackBerry devices. No link or blend for those.
    Last edited by ray689; 01-09-17 at 03:03 PM.
    jaydee5799 and Zeratul57 like this.
    01-09-17 11:24 AM
    Oh yeah sorry Android Blend is no longer supported.
    01-09-17 02:54 PM
    Oh yeah sorry Android Blend is no longer supported.
    There was never an android blend. BB10 blend is no longer supported.
    01-09-17 03:02 PM
    Right not the same as android bbm or ios bbm. lol
    01-09-17 03:08 PM
    Right not the same as android bbm or ios bbm. lol
    Huh?
    01-09-17 03:09 PM
    There was never an android blend. BB10 blend is no longer supported.
    The only Blend for Android was the Blend client for Android tablets. Only BB10 could act as a Blend server (i.e. serve content to a PC/tablet).
    01-09-17 03:10 PM
142 1234 ...