What are my options going to be?

Must be BlackBerry OS.. no android. If worst comes to worst, is the pp se a viable upgrade or not worth the cost?

I love full keyboard.

I'm getting so nervous that I may have to leave the BlackBerry arena, I'm so against that. I'm nervous to leave BlackBerry OS as I love it and adore it when it's managed properly. Help?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 04:05 PM
    Options are Classic, original passport, or SE version that's about it. iPhone could be but not bb10 lastly Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 04:30 PM
    "Viable upgrade" from what device.

The PP SE is a fine device. I moved from a Classic to my Passport because I was doing more email and consulting documents instead of just using that obscure app, the Phone.

I think I'll be using my Passport for quite some time.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-08-17 05:15 PM
    I've had my passport since it came out. You guys don't foresee a viable BlackBerry device that compares with the pp being released by then?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 05:38 PM
    Your original post says "Must be Blackberry OS" so that's it; there are no more coming out. You buy what exists already, or change your criteria completely.

You didn't answer what you had now, or what any of your other requirements are, so it's hard to say if any other device is an upgrade.

Richard
    01-08-17 06:21 PM
    To be fair, we are in the passport forum, my signature does say I'm messaging on a passport, and my last post tells that I have a passport lol. I prefer a BlackBerry, I prefer physical keyboard. My passport is awesome if they'd update it and the OS.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    01-08-17 06:31 PM
    Your original post says "Must be Blackberry OS" so that's it; there are no more coming out. You buy what exists already, or change your criteria completely.

You didn't answer what you had now, or what any of your other requirements are, so it's hard to say if any other device is an upgrade.

Richard
    This is the best answer you are going to get. There will be no new bb10 devices at all. You have the best specd bb10 device you can get as well. If that no longer works then you can move onto a BB android keyboard like the Mercury. The passport isnt going to get any significant updates either. What you see now is as good as it will get. Slowly it will get worse though
    01-08-17 06:40 PM
    To be fair, we are in the passport forum, my signature does say I'm messaging on a passport, and my last post tells that I have a passport lol. I prefer a BlackBerry, I prefer physical keyboard. My passport is awesome if they'd update it and the OS.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    What exactly is your question man? I've seen you in other parts of this forum and you're pretty condescending toward the people trying to help you. Anyway, do a Google search for BB10 devices.
    If you want keyboard plus BB10 then your only option is classic and passport. I own the silver edition and it's more premium than OG.
    If you have $700, get yourself the Porsche 9983. Fits your criteria perfectly.

That should answer your question.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 06:47 PM
    What are my options going to be?

Must be BlackBerry OS.. no android. If worst comes to worst, is the pp se a viable upgrade or not worth the cost?

I love full keyboard.

I'm getting so nervous that I may have to leave the BlackBerry arena, I'm so against that. I'm nervous to leave BlackBerry OS as I love it and adore it when it's managed properly. Help?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Seems like you're contradicting yourself. Only can buy what already exists that you've already suggested, a Passport SE. What other choices do you think you have if as you say, it has to have BB10? Do you think someone has some way to offer you a BB10 phone that has been kept secret?
    beowulf1211 likes this.
    01-08-17 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Passport what? Original? AT&T? SE? None of us here are paid to read your mind.

If you missed the current state of BBOS and production of BBOS devices then you haven't been paying much attention here on the forums, so you're in no position to talk down to anyone else...

Richard
    beowulf1211 likes this.
    01-08-17 06:58 PM
    I'm not talking down to anybody, simply stating three different ways, NOT including viewing my profile, that I explain the phone I'm using is a PP ATT.

You guys REALLY think this is the end of the line for BlackBerry 10 devices? If I must go android I'll definitely stick with BlackBerry hardware, but I'm dreading the day when I'll have to retire the years and years of building and customizing my BlackBerry phones to perfection. I'm going to be genuinely depressed if I'm forced into another os.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 07:23 PM
    I'm not talking down to anybody, simply stating three different ways, NOT including viewing my profile, that I explain the phone I'm using is a PP ATT.

You guys REALLY think this is the end of the line for BlackBerry 10 devices? If I must go android I'll definitely stick with BlackBerry hardware, but I'm dreading the day when I'll have to retire the years and years of building and customizing my BlackBerry phones to perfection. I'm going to be genuinely depressed if I'm forced into another os.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Your question has already been answered by 10 people. Now, nobody can help you overcome your insecurity about BB10s future if that's what you're expecting.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 07:34 PM
    I apologize if I sound pissy, it's because I am. I've got a check engine light on my car and my phone manufacturer of the past ~10 years might be disappearing. That's disappointing and depressing as hell.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 07:34 PM
    the BB brand isnt disappearing....are you oblivious to the news of the newly announced mercury releasing later this quarter? its still a BB even though built by TCL
    85_305 and jaydee5799 like this.
    01-08-17 08:02 PM
    I apologize if I sound pissy, it's because I am. I've got a check engine light on my car and my phone manufacturer of the past ~10 years might be disappearing. That's disappointing and depressing as hell.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    If you want a physical keyboard, keep what you have, or move to the Mercury. That's it. That's all.
    jaydee5799 and andy957 like this.
    01-08-17 08:06 PM
    I've heard the term "mercury" but haven researched it at all. I'll look into that now. It's not BlackBerry os though?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 08:07 PM
    I've heard the term "mercury" but haven researched it at all. I'll look into that now. It's not BlackBerry os though?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    It's BlackBerry Android. BB10 is no more.

01-08-17 08:10 PM
    The mercury looks pretty sweet and I'd be interested!! Do you guys think it will still have the awesome BlackBerry voice to text function?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 08:38 PM
    The mercury looks pretty sweet and I'd be interested!! Do you guys think it will still have the awesome BlackBerry voice to text function?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    The Google voice assistant is much, much better than that on BB10.
    01-08-17 08:46 PM
    Nice!! You guys rock so much! As much as I don't want to leave BlackBerry os, I think I'd be Ok with this mercury if it's actually released.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-08-17 09:09 PM
    That's easy. Within 5 hours, you guys manage to almost convert this guy to ditch BB10 and move to android.

Lol. I might need this therapy.
    #BB10FTW!!!!

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    01-08-17 09:55 PM
    That's easy. Within 5 hours, you guys manage to almost convert this guy to ditch BB10 and move to android.

Lol. I might need this therapy.
    #BB10FTW!!!!

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    With no new BB10 devices, it really isn't a hard sell (for BB enthusiasts) for BlackBerry-Android. The only other option would be to stockpile on Passports.
    01-08-17 11:42 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    That's the first time I've heard it referred to as "awesome".
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-08-17 11:42 PM
    Nice!! You guys rock so much! As much as I don't want to leave BlackBerry os, I think I'd be Ok with this mercury if it's actually released.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    It's already been shown off this week and it was stated that Mobike World Congress on February 27th will likely be release.
    01-08-17 11:44 PM
    I hear you, and I love my Passport SE too. I wasn't sure either if I wanted to try android ever, it was scary and sometimes I used my friend's phone that has android and didn't like it, however around 6 months ago I bought the Priv just to try it. Since that day I don't touch my Passport SE anymore, actually I have it for sale locally. As much as I love it, it's useless compared to my Priv. I would really recommend you the Priv or the upcoming Mercury which btw has me very excited. I never considered the dtek-whatever because as a lot of people know, they don't really have Blackberry DNA. Physical keyboard is a must have for me. Bb10 is nice and fluid but it's an absolutely dead platform, I hope you don't really think it has a future, you would be lying to yourself just like I did when I bought the Passport SE around 10 months ago
    nova_8 likes this.
    01-09-17 03:39 AM
142 123 ...