You are right about Q10 part.
    PP wi-fi works sometimes but mostly doesn't.

The thing is Q10 with 10.3.x and PP with 10.3.x behaves exactly the same. I cannot downgrade PP to check if it works with 10.2 though.
    So PP works sometimes with your routers? But it can't seem to maintain a connection? The image you posted makes it look like it can't see wi-fi hotspots at all.

The wi-fi hardware sounds functional then. It's time to test your PP with a variety of wi-fi hotspots. Especially helpful would be for you to test on routers you can list here, so that someone else might have the same setup. After that, you can compare settings.
    03-18-15 04:54 PM
    1) TP-Link TL-WR741ND and Zyxel NWD2205 EE
    2)Routers supports 2,4 ghz only. I've tried every possible setting on the blackberries. Q10 with 10.2 connects with default settings. Q10 with 10.3. has issues. PP with 10.3 has issues
    3) 1-2. My 10.3 Q10 was the first ever connected device.
    4) I didn't find any limits. Yesterday I found my old Android phone and it connected instantly for the first time ever.
    Are your routers up to date?
    you did not mention what type of security and channel are you using

Try the following on your blackberry devices with issues:
    Go to settings, network and connections and go to the wifi section.
    Tap add and fill the info as follows

SSID: this is your wifi network name
    Security type: you can check this in your router wifi security settings. (for better security use wpa/wpa2 personal)
    vpn profiles: leave blankl
    Band Type: this depending on your settup (you mentioned only 2.4 is supported by your router so choose that)
    Auto Obtain IP : turn this off

IP Address: assign one that is not being used (for example if your router ip is 192.168.1.1 assign 192.168.1.2 if no other device is connected to wifi or change it to better suit your needs)

Subnet Mask: is usually 255.255.255.0 or check it at your router settings page
    Prymary DNS : use your router IP Address
    Secondary DNS : leave blank
    Default Gateway: use your router IP Address
    Do not touch the last 3 settings on this page just leave them as they are
    now click save and wait for it to connect.

If you need more help doing this just ask here.

Please reply with the results you get after doing this steps
    03-18-15 08:46 PM
    Since your Q10 can connect, can you create a hotspot on it, and see if the Passport connects to it?
    ericp2011 likes this.
    03-18-15 10:44 PM
    Are you using a Wifi mesh? Or a roaming Wifi network?

You may need to enable 'inter-access point handover' in your Wifi network settings.

That's all I can think of, as I had that problem at one point. You're running the PP launch OS?
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 03-18-15 at 11:10 PM.
    03-18-15 10:55 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone suggested but... did you try removing the security on the router? Change your route setting to open network for the BlackBerry to connect??

1) if BlackBerry on 10.3.1 is able to see the open network then something in the router setting...
    2) if BlackBerry still can't see or connect to the open network, then it's something in the OS

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:04 PM
    It could just be a difference in time zones, on your phones and router. Some Security systems won't allow connection if the time zones are different.

 Z10
    03-18-15 11:23 PM
    I already told I turned encryption off. Nothing changed. Every single device can find my network except 10.3 blackberry.
    have you gone to your mates house and connected to his wifi ?..........this is one quick way to find out if its your phone or your router
    03-19-15 01:20 AM
    Then why does the Q10 work ?
    Guys I had a similar issue. It happened on the Z30, Z10,9780 and Q10. Except for the 9780 where I had to set channel X (6 in my case) for it to work. The issue was with the routers WiFi configuration. First of all it has to be set to WPA2 and secondly the default encryption is AES+TKIP which I set to AES only and voila all WiFi issues gone and till day I didn't have to worry about it. Hope the OP tries this as I don't believe that 2 devices can falter at the same time especially when the WiFi is working on thje Q10 with OS 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:59 AM
    I got the same problem the moment I updated my q10 OS
    03-19-15 03:40 AM
    Are your routers up to date?
    you did not mention what type of security and channel are you using

Try the following on your blackberry devices with issues:
    Go to settings, network and connections and go to the wifi section.
    Tap add and fill the info as follows

SSID: this is your wifi network name
    Security type: you can check this in your router wifi security settings. (for better security use wpa/wpa2 personal)
    vpn profiles: leave blankl
    Band Type: this depending on your settup (you mentioned only 2.4 is supported by your router so choose that)
    Auto Obtain IP : turn this off

IP Address: assign one that is not being used (for example if your router ip is 192.168.1.1 assign 192.168.1.2 if no other device is connected to wifi or change it to better suit your needs)

Subnet Mask: is usually 255.255.255.0 or check it at your router settings page
    Prymary DNS : use your router IP Address
    Secondary DNS : leave blank
    Default Gateway: use your router IP Address
    Do not touch the last 3 settings on this page just leave them as they are
    now click save and wait for it to connect.

If you need more help doing this just ask here.

Please reply with the results you get after doing this steps
    Tried this. PP gives a time-out after trying to connect.
    03-19-15 04:16 AM
    Since your Q10 can connect, can you create a hotspot on it, and see if the Passport connects to it?
    I can't because I can't use my sim card with Q10 anymore.
    03-19-15 04:16 AM
    Are you using a Wifi mesh? Or a roaming Wifi network?

You may need to enable 'inter-access point handover' in your Wifi network settings.

That's all I can think of, as I had that problem at one point. You're running the PP launch OS?
    Posted via CB10
    No, I used 2 different routers. I tried you suggestion though and it didn't help. Today PP can't find any network at all. It's just pure luck if it can while 10.2 Q10 finds and connects instantly.
    03-19-15 04:19 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone suggested but... did you try removing the security on the router? Change your route setting to open network for the BlackBerry to connect??

1) if BlackBerry on 10.3.1 is able to see the open network then something in the router setting...
    2) if BlackBerry still can't see or connect to the open network, then it's something in the OS

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I did that. Nothing changed.
    03-19-15 04:20 AM
    It could just be a difference in time zones, on your phones and router. Some Security systems won't allow connection if the time zones are different.

 Z10
    I don't have time zones on my Zyxel. I've tried to change it on TP-Link and it didn't help.
    03-19-15 04:37 AM
    Guys I had a similar issue. It happened on the Z30, Z10,9780 and Q10. Except for the 9780 where I had to set channel X (6 in my case) for it to work. The issue was with the routers WiFi configuration. First of all it has to be set to WPA2 and secondly the default encryption is AES+TKIP which I set to AES only and voila all WiFi issues gone and till day I didn't have to worry about it. Hope the OP tries this as I don't believe that 2 devices can falter at the same time especially when the WiFi is working on thje Q10 with OS 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Tried this also. Still no luck.
    03-19-15 04:54 AM
    Ok, I checked out the wr741nd manual, and have a few suggestions.

Log in to the router (normally admin/admin), go to wireless->wireless setting
    Rather than auto, choose a low channel (eg 7)
    Try bg mixed as well as bgn mixed
    Set the channel width to 40mhz (not auto)
    Limit the max transmission to say 54mbps
    Tick all boxes except bridging.

This overrides some potential problems that can occur with auto channels. It is also what I use

If this works, you can do things like increase the max transmission etc.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-19-15 07:44 AM
    Tried this. PP gives a time-out after trying to connect.
    What about on the Q10 does this method works on it or you get the same error?

If you get same error you probably configured something wrong on it.
    03-19-15 11:10 AM
    With the latest OS updates, I no longer get the 'limted wifi' message when my wifi connectivity drops.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-21-15 08:25 AM
    Hello, everybody. Long post ahead, beware.

1 year ago I decided to get a new phone. I've got really sick of my previous android phones so I was looking for something that will fulfill my needs of texting, tweeting, socialnetworking (is that a word?) etc. So I thought I might try something new and there is that famous "dying" company called BlackBerry which has Q10 avaliable - the phone I instantly felt in love with - and new Passport and Classic coming out soon. Long story short I decided to give it a chance and bought my first BlackBerry ever - Q10. And it was simply amazing. I've texted like crazy, I could type without looking at the keyboard, I could access all the networks from the HUB - "damn, what a great phone" - I thought! BlackBerry OS was amazing as well - smooth, stable, no glitches at all. That was the point when I knew I will stay with BlackBerry for a long time. I've told my friends, my parents, everybody how great it is and some of them actually bought Z30 and Q10 as well.

I had this plan - I keep Q10 untill Passport comes out and gets a price drop. Wating began... and now it's time for troubles to begin. I've been wating for 10.3.0 as many of you've been guys. Finally the leak appeared and I've installed it instantly. What a great new look! Wow, new features! So cool! But the wi-fi is working strange - sometimes it connects, sometimes not, sometimes it finds my network but mostly finds no network at all. Ok, sure, this is just a leak, let's wait for another one! Another one was leaked, another one, 20 other ones - wi-fi is still broken.

So I've got that new hobby you know - sitting installing new leak, wiping, doing all crazy **** for wi-fi to work and than downgrading back to 10.2. Finally I gave up and stayed on 10.2 untill the OFFICIAL 10.3.1 hit the market. FINALLY! WOOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S CHRISTMAS EARLY! YAY!
    ... wi-fi didn't work. It didn't. I created all kinds of threads, contacted support before the release but they didn't fix it even in the official release.

That was weird. I found some other threads here on Crackberry where people complained about wi-fi and every single time they got genius replies - "your router is bad", "switch the channel", "my wi-fi is ok, stop complaining". I mean really?

Have I changed the router? No. Have I changed the appartment? No. Phone? No. OS? Yes, actullay I did.

And then I started to have this little doubt if everything is ok. Yeah, it's new OS, it can be faulty. Let's wait.
    And I've been waiting and waiting...

... till I understood Passport price here in my county won't drop soon and I couldn't wait more. I bought the Passport. Damn, what a great phone! So smooth, what a battery, WOW THE KEYBOARD IS ALSO SENSETIVE! I LOVE IT! So I came home and... do I need to tell?

Yes, some geniuses can tell me my router is bad... oh, I mean routers! 2 different routers. Someone can suggest to swith router channel though I've been switiching it like a kid who got access to the cable tv after 12 am for the first time in his life. It doesn't work. Both of my phones - Q10 and Passport have broken wi-fi with 10.3.1 OS.

It's not router problem or mine or even the phones! It's the OS. My Q10 works perfectly with 10.2 but not with 10.3.0 or 10.3.1. Every single device at my home connects with no trouble - laptop, old phone, PlayStation but not the BB with 10.3.x

Now I have $800 "brick" laying around. Yes, that's the price here. And you know what pisses me off the most? I don't know if it's ever gonna be fixed. BlackBerry forums keeps silent and ignores me, same with emails. BlackBerry simply ignores the issue. Volume is too low? Fixed. Screen flickering (I had this problem too btw)? Fixed. Wi-fi doesn't work? What are you talking about?

I really loved BlackBerry for that amazing year. I want to use my new bought Passport. I don't want any other phone on the market. But I just want to be able to use my phone. Generally I just want to have some kind of a response. Will it be fixed in the next official update? Next month? Will it ever be fixed?

I'm kind of lost. Sorry for the long post, guys. I just want my $800 phone to work.

UPD: Yes, I've tried 2558 leak. Wi-Fi is still broken.
    My Passport has the same issue as yours.but ill hang on until an update shows up and hope wifi will be fixed.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-21-15 10:09 AM
    So guys after several days of investigation I'm back here to tell you the results.
    It turns out a lot of events just happens in the wrong place. The issue lives in the 10.3.x wi-fi update and in my local area.
    So as everyone suggested before I went out and found several hotspots which I could locate every single time with %100 chances. Also my friend set up her iPhone as a hotspot and I could connect easily too.

So I went straight to the mall and bought a new router. I checked it several times right in the shop and I could definitely find it and connect.
    The mystery began when I came back home and plugged it in. My 10.3.1 blackberry could not find it. Every single device including Q10 with 10.2 could connect but not 10.3.1 Passport. So after several tries I am able to find it randomly now and connect depending on how lucky I am at the moment. It worked in the store. It works wrong at my home.

So the bottom lines are:

I get some kind of interference at home which 10.3.x BlackBerry can't handle
    Q10 with 10.2 and any other device can handle it and work great
    Q10 with 10.3.x has wi-fi issue because of the update
    Passport with 10.3.x has wi-fi issue because of the update
    10.3.x wi-fi has issues. It's confirmed and I'm waiting for the update. Wi-Fi signal is weak maybe that's the reason why another wi-fi nearby became an interference
    I think I will be able to use my 10.3.x BlackBerry with 5 ghz router which I currently don't have. Let's wait some time more and hope for an update otherwise I'll get 5 mhz router.

Thanks for sticking with me for all this time. I appreciate this.
    03-22-15 06:19 AM
    Thanks for the update.

Under 10.2.1, what does Signal Level show under Settings->Networks and Connections->Wi-Fi->Advanced (line and circles icon on the right of the plus icon at the bottom)->Diagnostic Information? What about 10.3.1? (Works only when you're connected to a hotspot.)

It'll be a negative number. The closer that number is to zero, the better the signal. ex. -30 is better than -50.

I'm using a dual band router and 5 GHz isn't as good as 2.4 GHz, necessarily. There will be less interference from 2.4 GHz devices in your home, like cordless phones, Bluetooth, microwaves, etc. but signal strength drops quite fast with distance from the router and with walls. It's definitely something to test though.
    03-22-15 07:27 AM
    So much support for this guy! This is why I love cb!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:56 AM
    When the other devices connect and your pp does not, look on the device that connects for the channel. When your pp connects look at the channel (settings->wifi->advanced->wifi information). whatever channel your pp connects to, set the channel on your router to this channel, not auto. If you have lots of other wifi around you, then your router will try to pick an empty channel. Technically, some channels are illegal in some countries. The pp might be (correctly) ignoring these channels. I live in Oz, and we don't support the high channels.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:09 AM
    Same with Z10. It just flashes 1101111.
    04-06-15 04:21 PM
    I have had several passports with different build dates and have used all the different 10.3.1 leaks and haven't had any issues with the WiFi function and I have used the device on several WiFi networks?

I also had the flickering issue but fixed it with the 10.3.1.2480 leak which is posted in the leaks forum. What version of 10.3 are you currently running?

Have you tried wiping the device and tried installing one of the latest leaks using the autoloader or non destructive method?
    Agreed as well!!! I've used all of the leaks and never had an issue with wifi ever so I find this a bit odd!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-08-15 12:36 PM
155 ... 4567