Install a leak, a different radio with an autoloader or wait for a nee OTA OS. Sounds like you have exhausted the other options.
    03-18-15 08:36 AM
    Can you not go to starbucks/coffee shop and see if you can connect. Why keep stabbing at the same router when the router/config for router can be the issues. Go find another wifi and make sure it is not your WIFI.

One person even walk you through step by step. If you tried on another wifi and it failed then it is the phone.
    There are only 4 things at play.
    Phone
    Router
    config for phone
    config for router

Tp-Link is not great IMOAE.

May want to consider a Cisco or better brand. You mentioned you had no issues with Asus. Bring the Asus back out and see.
    03-18-15 08:50 AM
    At this point I'd attempt to contact BlackBerry Support.

Normally they're useless, but if this is a specialized scenario they may actually be of service to you and help :s

They helped me when something similar to this happened to me and I just spread the word on CB after (my device plugged into Windows wouldn't be recognized and would rapidly disconnect and reconnect). Subsequently, it was fixed in the next release build.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-18-15 08:56 AM
    Unrelated but what was the fix for this? I have the same issue...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, good luck OP! By the way, where do you live?

At this point I'd attempt to contact BlackBerry Support.

Normally they're useless, but if this is a specialized scenario they may actually be of service to you and help :s

They helped me when something similar to this happened to me and I just spread the word on CB after (my device plugged into Windows wouldn't be recognized and would rapidly disconnect and reconnect). Subsequently, it was fixed in the next release build.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:02 AM
    Unrelated but what was the fix for this? I have the same issue...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, good luck OP! By the way, where do you live?

Posted via CB10
    The fix was to either use a USB powered hub, or use a USB 2.0 hub (the splitter variety that are only powered by USB, not wall adapter too). It was a temporary fix until 10.3, which fixed all of those issues for my STL-003 (Z10) connecting to my laptop.

Seems to be a driver issue related to Windows 8 and USB 3.0 as well as the "powered" USB's that Dell computers use. There's nothing wrong with either, just some driver misconfiguration. Also try and update your BlackBerry device drivers on your PC, they could be out of date.

gallopiton likes this.
    03-18-15 09:15 AM
    OP, sorry to hear about your experience. I'm no tech guru myself. I plug and trust things work on their own and letting geniuses figure out stuff before it gets into my hands.

Having said that, my Passport connects to my router just fine. I'm running on the stock OS 10.3.0. When I upgraded two Z30's to 10.3.1 just in the last two days, those two connected just fine and haven't experienced any issues at all.

I won't pretend to know what's causing the issues you describe, except to note that there's devices that connect flawlessly to other routers inspite of 10.3.1. Mine along them. Briefly looking at the responses you've elicited, there's a lot of great suggestions i would try. Just don't dismiss the suggestions or the OS so quickly if you haven't considered the possibilities presented to you.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:16 AM
    I had TP-Link wr741nd which worked successfully with 10.2 blackberry and other devices.
    Now I use ZyXEL NWD2205 usb-adapter which also works great with 10.2 but not with 10.3 Q10 for example.

The thing is few minutes ago I put Q10 (10.2) and PP (10.3) back to back and Q10 could found 10+ networks while PP could find none or few of them after switching wi-fi on and off a few times. And this is exactly how my Q10 behaved with 10.3 unboard.
    TPlink is Low end. Zyxel makes good stuff but I would not count on any usb adapter for long.
    OP , you are using a $23.00 router.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cdBsW6ww

Three out of three reviews say weak and poor signal. You get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 03-18-15 at 04:26 PM.
    03-18-15 10:02 AM
    Thank you sir, very much appreciated

The fix was to either use a USB powered hub, or use a USB 2.0 hub (the splitter variety that are only powered by USB, not wall adapter too). It was a temporary fix until 10.3, which fixed all of those issues for my STL-003 (Z10) connecting to my laptop.

Seems to be a driver issue related to Windows 8 and USB 3.0 as well as the "powered" USB's that Dell computers use. There's nothing wrong with either, just some driver misconfiguration. Also try and update your BlackBerry device drivers on your PC, they could be out of date.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:27 AM
    Thank you sir, very much appreciated
    Posted via CB10
    No worries, hope it helps!

03-18-15 10:34 AM
    OP you are more serious about ranting than actually cooperating and working with people to get this issue fixed. Make a new thread and start over. Give clear details about your issues without the rant.

Posted via CB10
    And you gave me hell in another thread for.basivslly stating the same thing from another user stating my post was irrelevant yet adaptly and directly related to that particular thread.

Maybe our op is just frustrated and needs a helping hand vs scolding. I'll admit I'm one of the posters in other threads stating to look first at a person's router first as its something they would have direct control over.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:29 AM
    This guy is a troll! This thread is just here to annoy and confuse! How come he is the only person complaining. Something doesn't add up with his ever changing story! Best ignore him. Probably some isheep or Android fanboi!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:43 AM
    Use sic multiwipe and install from autoloader. I.e clean install
    03-18-15 11:47 AM
    I cannot check my friends phones. I have 2 blackberries - Q10 and Passport. Isn't that enough? 10.2 works perfectly, 10.3 doesn't.
    Downgrade to 10.2.1 on the Q10 and 10.3.0 on the Passport.

Problem solved. Not a brick.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:49 AM
    This guy is a troll! This thread is just here to annoy and confuse! How come he is the only person complaining. Something doesn't add up with his ever changing story! Best ignore him. Probably some isheep or Android fanboi!

Posted via CB10
    He at least seems to be trying, don't just jump to conclusions, many have had similar issues.

03-18-15 11:57 AM
    OP have you tried another Wi-Fi connection?
    03-18-15 01:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you a lot, sir, but you went full ******.

Pic made with a webcam, so I'm sorry for the quality.

I have 0 "brick" called Passport-tukega3.png
    03-18-15 03:22 PM
    OP have you tried another Wi-Fi connection?
    I will try it tomorrow. Wasn't lucky today with finding open network.
    03-18-15 03:24 PM
    Downgrade to 10.2.1 on the Q10 and 10.3.0 on the Passport.

Problem solved. Not a brick.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 is already downgraded to 10.2 and works great.
    10.3.0 downgrade for PP didn't help.
    03-18-15 03:26 PM
    I have had terrible wifi problems at home and could only connect after rebooting phone every time i came home from being out. The program i linked to before fixed my issue but it was still a wifi issue. I can't link it to the firmware because im on the most recent but a wifi problem is there for me also on 3 routers
    03-18-15 03:44 PM
    It'll be helpful if you provide the following info for us to try and help you

Router Model
    WiFi band and channel
    Security type of you WiFi network
    How many devices are connecting to the router.
    How many ip addresses is your router allowed to provision.
    03-18-15 04:09 PM
    This may be a silly suggestion.. but have you deleted the saved wifi profile and tried to set it up from scratch?

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-15 04:14 PM
    It'll be helpful if you provide the following info for us to try and help you

Router Model
    WiFi band and channel
    Security type of you WiFi network
    How many devices are connecting to the router.
    How many ip addresses is your router allowed to provision.
    1) TP-Link TL-WR741ND and Zyxel NWD2205 EE
    2)Routers supports 2,4 ghz only. I've tried every possible setting on the blackberries. Q10 with 10.2 connects with default settings. Q10 with 10.3. has issues. PP with 10.3 has issues
    3) 1-2. My 10.3 Q10 was the first ever connected device.
    4) I didn't find any limits. Yesterday I found my old Android phone and it connected instantly for the first time ever.
    03-18-15 04:23 PM
    This may be a silly suggestion.. but have you deleted the saved wifi profile and tried to set it up from scratch?

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    Yes, my friend. Lots and lots of times.
    03-18-15 04:24 PM
    Does this mean that the Q10 under 10.2.x works but under 10.3.x doesn't, and the Passport has /never/ worked?

From this, you could conclude that there's something wrong with 10.3.x and your routers, only for the Q10.

Since your Passport has never connected to wi-fi, there could be a hardware problem. As others have recommended, use some mobile data to grab BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) and try other hotspots.
    03-18-15 04:34 PM
    Does this mean that the Q10 under 10.2.x works but under 10.3.x doesn't, and the Passport has /never/ worked?

From this, you could conclude that there's something wrong with 10.3.x and your routers, only for the Q10.

Since your Passport has never connected to wi-fi, there could be a hardware problem. As others have recommended, use some mobile data to grab BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) and try other hotspots.
    You are right about Q10 part.
    PP wi-fi works sometimes but mostly doesn't.

The thing is Q10 with 10.3.x and PP with 10.3.x behaves exactly the same. I cannot downgrade PP to check if it works with 10.2 though.
    03-18-15 04:44 PM
155 ... 34567