Is your wi-fi work with yours friends Blackberries?
    Is your BlackBerry work with their wi-fi?
    For some people change from WPA to WPA2 helped.

Posted via CB10
    Friend's BB ? I laughed so hard I hurt myself. About six months ago I worked with a guy briefly that had a BBOS5 device. When I had an OS7 device, I knew three people that had OS6 devices. After BB10 came out, those three switched platforms.

But you nailed it on the WPA WPA2. Good job.

I don't get this.
    Every single device works perfectly with both of my routers. All the friends could connect easily with their iphones and androids.
    My 10.2 Q10 worked great also and after switching to 10.3 it stops working. Going back to 10.2 - working. And most of you are still telling me it's router issue. How does it work?

I don't understand this 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz and channel switching either. No other device needs it. You are saying I will need to make changes to every single router I have trouble connecting too. Like in the airport "Hello, sir. I'm really sorry but my BlackBerry Passport cannot connect to your wi-fi. Can you please disable 5 mhz specially for me and switch the channel to... uhm... 5. Thank you".

By the way 2,4/5 ghz suggestion didn't work. It's a dead end. Guess I need to stay on 10.2 forever with my Q10 or buy any other phone with properly working wi-fi instead of Passport.
    You need to go into your router security settings and make sure you're using WPA2. If you're not, switch to it. If your router doesn't support it, buy a new router. It's time for WPA to die. It seems BB stopped supporting TKIP, and is only supporting AES, as they and everyone else should.

A quick check would be to turn off wifi encryption and see how well your BB, connects. My money says it will. Then head over to Bubba's Router and Bait Shop, and get a modern router.
    03-16-15 03:45 PM
    Since I had several issues with routers and congestion here in London:

For direct help: add me on BBM pin : WARLACK ( yes, a custom pin)

Download InSSIDer for your laptop and a wifi scanner for your BlackBerry. Free ones are available via SNAP, otherwise http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59732153

Send us Screenshots from them.

This way we can be certain that it isn't a congested channel.

Let us know the available settings on your router (screen cap) so we can see if there might be an issue

Load the latest FW to your router and let us know which one you have.

Leave the WIFI as open and then, when you have success, move to WPA2 AES.

If your Passport has only problems connecting to your router, it's your router.

If your Passport has problems connecting to another wifi network, get a new Passport.

I had tons of problems with my devices to connect for several reasons...

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-16-15 04:19 PM
    So OP here's a long shot. I only offer this up because it happened to me on an android phone and by all accounts your network is all good.

I tried and tried to connect to wifi with no luck. By happenstance I looked closely to my network password settings as I typed them in to the phone. I found that my keyboard was inserting one wrong character and an unwanted space when I typed in the network settings. I changed the phone's regional settings and I reset the default keyboard, and that cleared it up.

Can you confirm for yourself that you are entering the password and ssid correctly?

Anyway, good luck
    03-16-15 04:40 PM
    Yep, iOS have it's fair share of wifi issues too.

No what I meant is that Apple is having huge wifi issues and they can't seem to figure it out neither.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:45 PM
    Have you tried to contact BlackBerry through Twitter? Twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp helped me a lot when I got some weird sh*t with my BBs.
    03-16-15 04:50 PM
    I agree too but let's be good CrackBerry citizen and help a fella out. If Op really wants help he would have to give us more details and his trail and error results.

Posts like OP's are so annoying.

If you want help, describe what equipment and settings you're working and what you've changed to resolve the problem. Quit saying you've tried everything or it's not this or that. That is worse than saying nothing, as you're establishing a wall between you and anyone who wants to help.

I'm going to bet that it's a settings problem in your router that causes an updated BB device to not work with it. If you really want the easiest way to test the issue, do a factory reset on your router and see if it connects using the default open wifi network. Or just remove the security on your wifi network and see if it connects.

Or maybe go to a coffee shop or somewhere that has open wifi access and see if you can connect there.

Then report back with all the data we need to continue helping you.

Good luck.
    03-16-15 04:51 PM
    I agree that OP does not seem to be trying any of the suggested solutions. What's up?
    03-16-15 05:41 PM
    You seem to have a lot of people using your wifi... (friends, previous android and previous iphone...) maybe you should try to reset to factory the router. Not everyone is comfortable doing it, but if you are, it's a good way to troubleshoot.

I have a router that is heavily used and after the technician of my provider remotely factory reset it, everything from my TV to my BlackBerry works much better.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:20 PM
    You need to go into your router security settings and make sure you're using WPA2. If you're not, switch to it. If your router doesn't support it, buy a new router. It's time for WPA to die. It seems BB stopped supporting TKIP, and is only supporting AES, as they and everyone else should.

A quick check would be to turn off wifi encryption and see how well your BB, connects. My money says it will. Then head over to Bubba's Router and Bait Shop, and get a modern router.
    I already told I turned encryption off. Nothing changed. Every single device can find my network except 10.3 blackberry.
    03-17-15 03:41 AM
    I agree that OP does not seem to be trying any of the suggested solutions. What's up?
    Are you serious? I've already tried every single suggestion. Switching channels, turning encryption off, everything.

By the way I brought my friend with an android phone over and he found my network instantly. No disconnects, everything works.
    03-17-15 03:44 AM
    You seem to have a lot of people using your wifi... (friends, previous android and previous iphone...) maybe you should try to reset to factory the router. Not everyone is comfortable doing it, but if you are, it's a good way to troubleshoot.

I have a router that is heavily used and after the technician of my provider remotely factory reset it, everything from my TV to my BlackBerry works much better.

Posted via CB10
    Once again. I bought a new router and the first connecting device ever was BlackBerry Q10 with 10.2.
    After updating to 10.3 issues happened. Every other device (PlayStation, old android phone, laptop, pc) connected successfully.
    03-17-15 03:47 AM
    Router firmware update?
    03-17-15 06:33 AM
    Without reading through this whole thread of what you have or haven't tried, turn off your mobile data services while keeping wifi and mobile services on.

See if that works.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 06:51 AM
    Are you serious? I've already tried every single suggestion. Switching channels, turning encryption off, everything.

By the way I brought my friend with an android phone over and he found my network instantly. No disconnects, everything works.
    It seemed that you were not responding to any of the suggested solutions. I guess I was mistaken. 😯
    03-17-15 08:14 AM
    It seemed that you were not responding to any of the suggested solutions. I guess I was mistaken. 😯
    Don't feel bad, he wasn't confirming or showing any interest in trying any of the solutions offered to him prior to one of his last posts....
    03-17-15 08:24 AM
    Friend's BB ? I laughed so hard I hurt myself. About six months ago I worked with a guy briefly that had a BBOS5 device. When I had an OS7 device, I knew three people that had OS6 devices. After BB10 came out, those three switched platforms.

But you nailed it on the WPA WPA2. Good job.

Haha!!!
    If you read first post of OP you will find out some of his friends bought Z30 and Q10 and that is what I was referring to.
    Same system - BBOS10, same version - 10.3.1 (they all received update at more-less this same time).

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:45 AM
    I'll put in my 2cents...

When I got my passport, I had set everything up but pages wouldn't load...

My SSID is hidden. I uses WPA/WPA2 Personal. Band Type is Dual. it still didn't load... I turned off IPV6 and can connect to my home wifi.

I read through the whole post but seems strange that 10.2 worked yet 10.3.1 did not.

I'm thinking it's a setting on the 10.3.1 that's the hiccup.

Make sure the "Use Proxy" is disabled.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:15 AM
    I feel the pain the OP is having, I have a Passport that is also unable to find any wifi networks, and I have also tried all the router config changes suggested on this thread and other threads, as well as the ones suggested by BBhelp. And no luck.

My suggestion would be to start considering open a case with blackberry directly as I have done.

I know is not my router as I have Q10 and Z30 current connected with out issues as well as a multitude of other devices, and a router should support close to 256 devices so I truly doubt the OP's router is the issue.
    So unless any one can suggest some in depth way of looking at the wifi drivers or the wifi connection process; I think the frustration will continue.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:18 AM
    Once again. I bought a new router and the first connecting device ever was BlackBerry Q10 with 10.2.
    After updating to 10.3 issues happened. Every other device (PlayStation, old android phone, laptop, pc) connected successfully.
    Well if the router isn't the problem, either something in your settings or the phone is defective. You have to test it on other routers.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:19 AM
    You might also want to try setting the phone to have it's own static IP - I've never had any issues with my phones connecting to any of my routers and right now I have a dual band one. Clearly it's the router and the lack of knowledge on how to set it up.
    03-17-15 10:21 AM
    Blueyestm,

I don't see why the OP needs to go thru the pain of having to setup a manual ip on his device as it has been clearly explained that his router is working correctly, everyone seems to be missing the point that the router works 100% of the time with other devices and that his PP is the one having an issue.

OP can you post a copy of your PP wifi logs.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:37 AM
    Blueyestm,

I don't see why the OP needs to go thru the pain of having to setup a manual ip on his device as it has been clearly explained that his router is working correctly, everyone seems to be missing the point that the router works 100% of the time with other devices and that his PP is the one having an issue.

OP can you post a copy of your PP wifi logs.

Posted via CB10
    Should this not be an RMA and a new device sent out? It could be 'just' an issue with the wifi part on the PP if it does not connect to other routers...or has problems staying connected.

Otherwise it wouldn't explain why just a few devices have the problem

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:59 AM
    Warlack,

That's is a very good point and something that should be explored IMHO.

Now to my knowledge the wifi module is wifi/BT so it would be interesting, to know if BT has issues for OP.

In my particular issue BT works but it seems to have an issue releasing the connection once the headset is turned off.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:12 AM
    I think it's a hardware issue, you got a lemon and the WiFi module is broken see if you can replace it or get someone to do it if you can't do it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:40 PM
    Everyone phone produced does get a lemon produced from time to time it's just the way it goes. Use your warranty if it's not up.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:42 PM
155 12345 ...