Sorry to hear your problem. I am afraid to say that it is not the OS, not the phone. It is your router and/or your router settings. It is obvious that your router and your phone do not communicate at home. Since you admitted that no one is replying or following up on your threads, it is because 10.3 works on every WiFi. Except yours...so it must be your router. I have just replaced a 4 year old Net gear router that was on dual band. You are saying that your router is single band 2.4..how old is it? , further you do not say whether when you are away from your appartment, at work or in a shopping centre whether your wifi works..?? Get a new router or thoroughly check your settings. I have a pp, z30 X 5, all on 10.3 and one Z30 still on 10.2 and they all work perfectly. Good luck. No upgrade OS is going to fix your problem. It is the router.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    I agree with this. You might want to go and use your q10 and PP on 10.3 with someone else's wifi and see if there's a problem. If your router is single band 2.4 then it might be an old one.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    03-16-15 08:32 AM
    If after performing an OS Reload with BlackBerry link and NOT restoring, well then your router is at fault.
    03-16-15 08:46 AM
    Forgive me for sounding overly simplistic but I've always tried to find the offending "big piece" by removing all the variables and try to add components back until you see what is causing the issue. Functionally, if your Q10 works on your current wifi set-up then you have to conclude that's not the issue. However, try your Q10 on another wifi hub to confirm you have not set your Q10 to something funky. Bring along the Passport and see if you can connect to this new hub. If you can "see" the network then that's step 1, try and connect without any changes. Then try and number of settings to get to the login screen.

You see how this works, baby steps moving from what works to what doesn't. If at the end of all this or your Passport can't even "see" the networks, you really need to get on to your retailer and get them to trouble shoot it or replace it.

Sorry if I've repeated what others have said, just trying to help.
    03-16-15 09:01 AM
    There's NO question!
    IT'S THE ROUTER!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-16-15 09:02 AM
    Then why does the Q10 work ?
    03-16-15 09:04 AM
    What type of router is it? I used to do tech support for comcast, I know all about routers. Also go into your saved wifi locations and delete the router from it. It is something I have always had to do after an os update. Do that and try reconnecting. But tell me the router brand name. I will ask other tech's friends of mine who are still in tech support. I had issues like this, enabled IPV6, went into routers settings and changed from mixed bg&n to only B.G. fixed issues. Turn the 5g off, its useless.
    03-16-15 09:18 AM
    I don't think it's the router since the Q10 on 10.2 works fine. Could you do a screenshot of the Wifi setting of your Q10 running on 10.2 and a screenshot of your Wifi setting of your Passport running on 10.3? Maybe we could compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:29 AM
    Posts like OP's are so annoying.

If you want help, describe what equipment and settings you're working and what you've changed to resolve the problem. Quit saying you've tried everything or it's not this or that. That is worse than saying nothing, as you're establishing a wall between you and anyone who wants to help.

I'm going to bet that it's a settings problem in your router that causes an updated BB device to not work with it. If you really want the easiest way to test the issue, do a factory reset on your router and see if it connects using the default open wifi network. Or just remove the security on your wifi network and see if it connects.

Or maybe go to a coffee shop or somewhere that has open wifi access and see if you can connect there.

Then report back with all the data we need to continue helping you.

Good luck.
    03-16-15 09:37 AM
    Posts like OP's are so annoying.

If you want help, describe what equipment and settings you're working and what you've changed to resolve the problem. Quit saying you've tried everything or it's not this or that. That is worse than saying nothing, as you're establishing a wall between you and anyone who wants to help.

I'm going to bet that it's a settings problem in your router that causes an updated BB device to not work with it. If you really want the easiest way to test the issue, do a factory reset on your router and see if it connects using the default open wifi network. Or just remove the security on your wifi network and see if it connects.

Or maybe go to a coffee shop or somewhere that has open wifi access and see if you can connect there.

Then report back with all the data we need to continue helping you.

Good luck.
    Absolutely agree with this... Complaining about something and being completely unwilling to provide the information people need to help you is a waste of time. If you wanted to rant because you don't like the device then fine, but then close this thread.
    03-16-15 10:36 AM
    Maybe you should move on to greener pastures where the $800 phones are not "bricks". Why are you hanging on to a brick?
    03-16-15 10:38 AM
    You can try using one of your other phones as a mobile Hotspot and see if your Passport can connect to them successfully. You could also have a corrupt Wifi profile. Delete them then scan for wireless networks again.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 10:39 AM
    I've not seen anywhere in this thread that the OP has tried other wifi networks outside his home. Please try that, OP and report back.
    03-16-15 10:48 AM
    Good story, trader at home has this router, uses a vpn to connect to work do his trades and other junk. His wife started working from home and he starts getting kick off the VPN. Get some info from him, turns out the home router only supported one vpn tunnel. Mind you it wasn't just a one day call, but replacing the router with something that fit what he needed was key.

Point, What changed in the BlackBerry's OS? Not knowing, I would say a no longer supported encryption scheme? The logs on the router should give you something to look at. How old is the wifi? Do you have the latest firmware? How old is the latest firmware? Do people complain about the wifi device/model you have?

At the end of the day you can't change BB OS, but you can check to see if its your other gear giving you grief. As a cheap check (and well a good device) I would picked up a TP-Link Portable wifi. (something in this product family N150 Wireless Multi-Function Travel Router with 2 Ethernet Ports TL-WR710N - Welcome to TP-LINK) Turn off your existing routers wifi, plug this up to the router and test with it.

Good luck! Trouble shooting mixed gear is a pain.
    03-16-15 10:53 AM
    When we got our new Classics from AT&T, we had lots of Wi-Fi drops until I disabled the following setting on our router:

"Enable WMM No-Acknowledgement"

After that, our Wi-Fi has been rock solid.
    PapaGary and ladeberry like this.
    03-16-15 10:59 AM
    It's probably your neighbors....

You see, when your router reached maximum number of devices that it can handle, the last devices are usually drop off...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 12:13 PM
    ROUTER....ROUTER.....ROUTER!!

03-16-15 12:52 PM
    The known issue on 10.3.1 is it will drop weak wi-fi signal. If you are in an area of your apartment that is very far from the router it may drop signal and reconnect constantly. If you are right next to tour router and it isn't working then it is not 10.3.1 issue. It is a connectivity issue with your specific router. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:07 PM
    I don't get this.
    Every single device works perfectly with both of my routers. All the friends could connect easily with their iphones and androids.
    My 10.2 Q10 worked great also and after switching to 10.3 it stops working. Going back to 10.2 - working. And most of you are still telling me it's router issue. How does it work?

I don't understand this 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz and channel switching either. No other device needs it. You are saying I will need to make changes to every single router I have trouble connecting too. Like in the airport "Hello, sir. I'm really sorry but my BlackBerry Passport cannot connect to your wi-fi. Can you please disable 5 mhz specially for me and switch the channel to... uhm... 5. Thank you".

By the way 2,4/5 ghz suggestion didn't work. It's a dead end. Guess I need to stay on 10.2 forever with my Q10 or buy any other phone with properly working wi-fi instead of Passport.
    03-16-15 02:27 PM
    So you still havent answered the question of whether its only your WIFI, or if its any WIFI that doesnt work. Like an open WIFI in a coffee house.

Have used every 10.3.1 leak up to the current, and not have had one issue with WIFI on my PP or my Z10. Would still lean to it being your router, regardless of whether every other device connects.

Edit:

Instead of whining and complaining that it USED to work, have you at the very least tried the simple solution of deleting the saved network and reading it?
    Your doing an awful lot of complaining but not any explaining on what you have tried explicitly other then reinstalling the OS. Several suggestion have been posted and not one word of whether you have tried them or not. We can't help you if you don't help us help you.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-16-15 02:45 PM
    OP you are more serious about ranting than actually cooperating and working with people to get this issue fixed. Make a new thread and start over. Give clear details about your issues without the rant.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:47 PM
    I don't get this.
    Every single device works perfectly with both of my routers. All the friends could connect easily with their iphones and androids.
    My 10.2 Q10 worked great also and after switching to 10.3 it stops working. Going back to 10.2 - working. And most of you are still telling me it's router issue. How does it work?

I don't understand this 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz and channel switching either. No other device needs it. You are saying I will need to make changes to every single router I have trouble connecting too. Like in the airport "Hello, sir. I'm really sorry but my BlackBerry Passport cannot connect to your wi-fi. Can you please disable 5 mhz specially for me and switch the channel to... uhm... 5. Thank you".

By the way 2,4/5 ghz suggestion didn't work. It's a dead end. Guess I need to stay on 10.2 forever with my Q10 or buy any other phone with properly working wi-fi instead of Passport.
    Or, you know, follow the advice found in multiple posts in this thread.

Did you Change/check that WMM setting? Did you change channel in router? Did you check to see what type of encryption you're using? Did you check the router model number and search the Internet for other common BB connection problems? Did you check wi-fi connectivity using a different access point; namely, an public wi-fi hotspot similar to those found at most coffee shops? Did you try to temporarily remove encryption from your wifi router to attempt to connect to an open network?

Heck, are you even sure your wifi radio is on?

I wish you the best. I hope you figure out your problem. I hope when you do you let us all know what it was that finally solved it.

But if you're not going to put forth any effort in resolving your issue, then why should I?

Follow some of the suggestions and report back the results. This is called troubleshooting. we are using a sort of flowchart to pinpoint the cause of your problem and thereby come up with a solution. Flowcharts rely on feedback after each test. Without your feedback, the limited supply of magnetic dipoles this universe has is being wasted on this thread.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-16-15 02:51 PM
    What type of router is it? I used to do tech support for comcast, I know all about routers. Also go into your saved wifi locations and delete the router from it. It is something I have always had to do after an os update. Do that and try reconnecting. But tell me the router brand name. I will ask other tech's friends of mine who are still in tech support. I had issues like this, enabled IPV6, went into routers settings and changed from mixed bg&n to only B.G. fixed issues. Turn the 5g off, its useless.
    Did you work for support.com and do Xfinity Signature Support? I did that for awhile. What a crappy company support.com is for what they did to the employees at the end of 2013.
    03-16-15 03:00 PM
    So you still havent answered the question of whether its only your WIFI, or if its any WIFI that doesnt work. Like an open WIFI in a coffee house.
    [/b]
    Sadly I don't have any open wi-fi networks around. I will let you know later.
    03-16-15 03:02 PM
    Or, you know, follow the advice found in multiple posts in this thread.

1) Did you Change/check that WMM setting? Did you change channel in router? Did you check to see what type of encryption you're using? Did you check the router model number and search the Internet for other common BB connection problems? Did you check wi-fi connectivity using a different access point; namely, an public wi-fi hotspot similar to those found at most coffee shops? Did you try to temporarily remove encryption from your wifi router to attempt to connect to an open network?

2) Heck, are you even sure your wifi radio is on?

I wish you the best. I hope you figure out your problem. I hope when you do you let us all know what it was that finally solved it.

But if you're not going to put forth any effort in resolving your issue, then why should I?

Follow some of the suggestions and report back the results. This is called troubleshooting. we are using a sort of flowchart to pinpoint the cause of your problem and thereby come up with a solution. Flowcharts rely on feedback after each test. Without your feedback, the limited supply of magnetic dipoles this universe has is being wasted on this thread.
    1) I've tried different channels, I tried every encryption and even made the network open. Sometimes it can find it, mostly can't - no difference. I have different routers and yes, I did my research. Found suggestions like "restart your router".
    I'm not able to find any open networks around no. The thing is sometimes it finds several protected networks full signal, sometimes only mine but mostly finds nothing.

2) Could it be off if sometimes I'm able to connect?

Thank you everyone for trying to help. I'm not whining I'm just exhausted solving this longtime issue. Don't get me wrong, I didn't try to bother anyone.
    03-16-15 03:09 PM
    It's probably your neighbors....

You see, when your router reached maximum number of devices that it can handle, the last devices are usually drop off...

Posted via CB10
    The first device I ever connected was BlackBerry.
    03-16-15 03:17 PM
155 1234 ...