Hello, everybody. Long post ahead, beware.

1 year ago I decided to get a new phone. I've got really sick of my previous android phones so I was looking for something that will fulfill my needs of texting, tweeting, socialnetworking (is that a word?) etc. So I thought I might try something new and there is that famous "dying" company called BlackBerry which has Q10 avaliable - the phone I instantly felt in love with - and new Passport and Classic coming out soon. Long story short I decided to give it a chance and bought my first BlackBerry ever - Q10. And it was simply amazing. I've texted like crazy, I could type without looking at the keyboard, I could access all the networks from the HUB - "damn, what a great phone" - I thought! BlackBerry OS was amazing as well - smooth, stable, no glitches at all. That was the point when I knew I will stay with BlackBerry for a long time. I've told my friends, my parents, everybody how great it is and some of them actually bought Z30 and Q10 as well.

I had this plan - I keep Q10 untill Passport comes out and gets a price drop. Wating began... and now it's time for troubles to begin. I've been wating for 10.3.0 as many of you've been guys. Finally the leak appeared and I've installed it instantly. What a great new look! Wow, new features! So cool! But the wi-fi is working strange - sometimes it connects, sometimes not, sometimes it finds my network but mostly finds no network at all. Ok, sure, this is just a leak, let's wait for another one! Another one was leaked, another one, 20 other ones - wi-fi is still broken.

So I've got that new hobby you know - sitting installing new leak, wiping, doing all crazy **** for wi-fi to work and than downgrading back to 10.2. Finally I gave up and stayed on 10.2 untill the OFFICIAL 10.3.1 hit the market. FINALLY! WOOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S CHRISTMAS EARLY! YAY!
    ... wi-fi didn't work. It didn't. I created all kinds of threads, contacted support before the release but they didn't fix it even in the official release.

That was weird. I found some other threads here on Crackberry where people complained about wi-fi and every single time they got genius replies - "your router is bad", "switch the channel", "my wi-fi is ok, stop complaining". I mean really?

Have I changed the router? No. Have I changed the appartment? No. Phone? No. OS? Yes, actullay I did.

And then I started to have this little doubt if everything is ok. Yeah, it's new OS, it can be faulty. Let's wait.
    And I've been waiting and waiting...

... till I understood Passport price here in my county won't drop soon and I couldn't wait more. I bought the Passport. Damn, what a great phone! So smooth, what a battery, WOW THE KEYBOARD IS ALSO SENSETIVE! I LOVE IT! So I came home and... do I need to tell?

Yes, some geniuses can tell me my router is bad... oh, I mean routers! 2 different routers. Someone can suggest to swith router channel though I've been switiching it like a kid who got access to the cable tv after 12 am for the first time in his life. It doesn't work. Both of my phones - Q10 and Passport have broken wi-fi with 10.3.1 OS.

It's not router problem or mine or even the phones! It's the OS. My Q10 works perfectly with 10.2 but not with 10.3.0 or 10.3.1. Every single device at my home connects with no trouble - laptop, old phone, PlayStation but not the BB with 10.3.x

Now I have $800 "brick" laying around. Yes, that's the price here. And you know what pisses me off the most? I don't know if it's ever gonna be fixed. BlackBerry forums keeps silent and ignores me, same with emails. BlackBerry simply ignores the issue. Volume is too low? Fixed. Screen flickering (I had this problem too btw)? Fixed. Wi-fi doesn't work? What are you talking about?

I really loved BlackBerry for that amazing year. I want to use my new bought Passport. I don't want any other phone on the market. But I just want to be able to use my phone. Generally I just want to have some kind of a response. Will it be fixed in the next official update? Next month? Will it ever be fixed?

I'm kind of lost. Sorry for the long post, guys. I just want my $800 phone to work.

UPD: Yes, I've tried 2558 leak. Wi-Fi is still broken.
    03-16-15 04:05 AM
    Is your wi-fi work with yours friends Blackberries?
    Is your BlackBerry work with their wi-fi?
    For some people change from WPA to WPA2 helped.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:12 AM
    Let's hope someone out there can give you a hand! Crackberries are damn good at trouble shooting. Good luck!
    03-16-15 04:18 AM
    I have had several passports with different build dates and have used all the different 10.3.1 leaks and haven't had any issues with the WiFi function and I have used the device on several WiFi networks?

I also had the flickering issue but fixed it with the 10.3.1.2480 leak which is posted in the leaks forum. What version of 10.3 are you currently running?

Have you tried wiping the device and tried installing one of the latest leaks using the autoloader or non destructive method?
    Enable IPV6 within your wifi settings on your Passport
    I have 0 "brick" called Passport-img_20150316_021532.png

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    Enable IPV6 within your wifi settings on your Passport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150316_021532.png 
Views:	9030 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	341468

Posted via CB10
    My Passport rarely finds my network at all. I enabled it now for my wi-fi in the "saved networks" but it can't find it anyway. Sometimes it can, mostly not.
    03-16-15 04:23 AM
    Is your wi-fi work with yours friends Blackberries?
    Is your BlackBerry work with their wi-fi?
    For some people change from WPA to WPA2 helped.

Posted via CB10
    I cannot check my friends phones. I have 2 blackberries - Q10 and Passport. Isn't that enough? 10.2 works perfectly, 10.3 doesn't.
    03-16-15 04:24 AM
    Hello, everybody. Long post ahead, beware.

1 year ago I decided to get a new phone. I've got really sick of my previous android phones so I was looking for something that will fulfill my needs of texting, tweeting, socialnetworking (is that a word?) etc. So I thought I might try something new and there is that famous "dying" company called BlackBerry which has Q10 avaliable - the phone I instantly felt in love with - and new Passport and Classic coming out soon. Long story short I decided to give it a chance and bought my first BlackBerry ever - Q10. And it was simply amazing. I've texted like crazy, I could type without looking at the keyboard, I could access all the networks from the HUB - "damn, what a great phone" - I thought! BlackBerry OS was amazing as well - smooth, stable, no glitches at all. That was the point when I knew I will stay with BlackBerry for a long time. I've told my friends, my parents, everybody how great it is and some of them actually bought Z30 and Q10 as well.

I had this plan - I keep Q10 untill Passport comes out and gets a price drop. Wating began... and now it's time for troubles to begin. I've been wating for 10.3.0 as many of you've been guys. Finally the leak appeared and I've installed it instantly. What a great new look! Wow, new features! So cool! But the wi-fi is working strange - sometimes it connects, sometimes not, sometimes it finds my network but mostly finds no network at all. Ok, sure, this is just a leak, let's wait for another one! Another one was leaked, another one, 20 other ones - wi-fi is still broken.

So I've got that new hobby you know - sitting installing new leak, wiping, doing all crazy **** for wi-fi to work and than downgrading back to 10.2. Finally I gave up and stayed on 10.2 untill the OFFICIAL 10.3.1 hit the market. FINALLY! WOOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S CHRISTMAS EARLY! YAY!
    ... wi-fi didn't work. It didn't. I created all kinds of threads, contacted support before the release but they didn't fix it even in the official release.

That was weird. I found some other threads here on Crackberry where people complained about wi-fi and every single time they got genius replies - "your router is bad", "switch the channel", "my wi-fi is ok, stop complaining". I mean really?

Have I changed the router? No. Have I changed the appartment? No. Phone? No. OS? Yes, actullay I did.

And then I started to have this little doubt if everything is ok. Yeah, it's new OS, it can be faulty. Let's wait.
    And I've been waiting and waiting...

... till I understood Passport price here in my county won't drop soon and I couldn't wait more. I bought the Passport. Damn, what a great phone! So smooth, what a battery, WOW THE KEYBOARD IS ALSO SENSETIVE! I LOVE IT! So I came home and... do I need to tell?

Yes, some geniuses can tell me my router is bad... oh, I mean routers! 2 different routers. Someone can suggest to swith router channel though I've been switiching it like a kid who got access to the cable tv after 12 am for the first time in his life. It doesn't work. Both of my phones - Q10 and Passport have broken wi-fi with 10.3.1 OS.

It's not router problem or mine or even the phones! It's the OS. My Q10 works perfectly with 10.2 but not with 10.3.0 or 10.3.1. Every single device at my home connects with no trouble - laptop, old phone, PlayStation but not the BB with 10.3.x

Now I have $800 "brick" laying around. Yes, that's the price here. And you know what pisses me off the most? I don't know if it's ever gonna be fixed. BlackBerry forums keeps silent and ignores me, same with emails. BlackBerry simply ignores the issue. Volume is too low? Fixed. Screen flickering (I had this problem too btw)? Fixed. Wi-fi doesn't work? What are you talking about?

I really loved BlackBerry for that amazing year. I want to use my new bought Passport. I don't want any other phone on the market. But I just want to be able to use my phone. Generally I just want to have some kind of a response. Will it be fixed in the next official update? Next month? Will it ever be fixed?

I'm kind of lost. Sorry for the long post, guys. I just want my $800 phone to work.

UPD: Yes, I've tried 2558 leak. Wi-Fi is still broken.
    1. Q10 and Passport under 10.2.1.x works fine with both your wi-fi routers.
    2. Q10 and Passport under 10.3.1.x don't work with both your wi-fi routers. Have you tried other wi-fi hotspots, such as public ones? This is to test whether wi-fi is completely busted or not on your devices.
    3. How did you install 10.3.1.x? Official or leak? Are you using the same Radio file for both?
    03-16-15 04:25 AM
    Get it replaced

Posted via my new black Z30
    anon(5061193) and rambo47 like this.
    03-16-15 04:25 AM
    I have had several passports with different build dates and have used all the different 10.3.1 leaks and haven't had any issues with the WiFi function and I have used the device on several WiFi networks?

I also had the flickering issue but fixed it with the 10.3.1.2480 leak which is posted in the leaks forum. What version of 10.3 are you currently running?

Have you tried wiping the device and tried installing one of the latest leaks using the autoloader or non destructive method?
    My flickering is gone too. That's what I'm talking about - it's fixed. Everything is getting fixed but the wi-fi.

I've tried wiping, autoloaders, BlackBerry Link, bricking - everything.
    03-16-15 04:26 AM
    Get it replaced

Posted via my new black Z30
    Why? Should I get my Q10 replaced too? It worked PERFECTLY WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL on 10.2. Why would I replace it if it's the OS fault?
    03-16-15 04:27 AM
    Is your WIFI router dual band or 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz? If it's only a 2.4Ghz router then try to change the saved WIFI setting to the band that you are using.

This might help if you don't have a dual band router.

I have 0 "brick" called Passport-img_20150316_174638.png

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-16-15 04:48 AM
    It seems to me it's some kind of feature or setting activated that is rejecting your router. By any chance can you take screen shots of your wifi connection and settings? Perhaps we can compare notes.
    03-16-15 04:49 AM
    Why not go back to a working OS? And as others have mention try to connect on someone else wifi or hotspot and have others try to connect to your wifi
    03-16-15 04:51 AM
    Maybe it's secure feature... I have almost same issues as you're describing.

With 10.2.x WiFi woks fine but with any version of 10.3.x WiFi is dropping or can't be found at all.

I found out that is caused when using same SSID for both 2,4 and 5 GHz bands (dual band). "Solution" is to either disable one band or create separate SSID for 2,4 and 5.

This "solution" means that I can connect to my WiFi but my network performance decreased a lot with other devices (that all worked fine before - android phones, tablets, notebooks...).

BlackBerry - "all about security"...

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-16-15 05:02 AM
    I was thinking of the same thing. The 5ghz band seems to drop signals quite a bit on my dual band router until I locked the settings to one band over the other and it became more reliable.

Is your WIFI router dual band or 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz? If it's only a 2.4Ghz router then try to change the saved WIFI setting to the band that you are using.

Name:	IMG_20150316_174638.png 
Views:	4537 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	341470

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:19 AM
    Are wifi chips all made by the same manufacturer nowadays? Why do we suddenly hear wifi problems everywhere?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:23 AM

Name:	IMG_20150316_174638.png 
Views:	4537 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	341470

Posted via CB10
    My router is 2,4 ghz. I've done that already and it didn't help. Few minutes ago Passport couldn't find my network at all. Now it found it but doesn't even try to connect and if I connect manually it gives a time out.
    03-16-15 05:53 AM
    Why not go back to a working OS? And as others have mention try to connect on someone else wifi or hotspot and have others try to connect to your wifi
    I did that with Q10 because I could downgrade to 10.2.
    Passport has been released with 10.3 onboard.

I will try to connect to open wi-fi later this week because I don't have any around.
    And what do you mean "others to connect"? I can connect to my network with each and every one of my devices even 10.2 blackberry.
    03-16-15 05:59 AM
    Are wifi chips all made by the same manufacturer nowadays? Why do we suddenly hear wifi problems everywhere?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because every device (even 10.2 blackberry) uses the same settings that work fine?
    03-16-15 06:01 AM
    Sometimes and it is very rare. You need to delete the saved network and resign back in. I stress this extremely rare. Like first time in 9 months. Switching from auto to channel 11 worked wonders on my old router. It was not gigantic so I bought a new r6300 net gear. Same channel 11. Lots of routers on my street. I also hide the ssid.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    03-16-15 06:58 AM
    Sometimes and it is very rare. You need to delete the saved network and resign back in. I stress this extremely rare. Like first time in 9 months. Switching from auto to channel 11 worked wonders on my old router. It was not gigantic so I bought a new r6300 net gear. Same channel 11. Lots of routers on my street. I also hide the ssid.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    Yes, I agree with this, I have had this problem a couple of times so I have to delete the saved wifi and then re add it. This mostly happens after a software update, but other things have caused it. It is rare, as mentioned, but try deleting and re-adding.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    CyberMan2013 and bungaboy like this.
    03-16-15 07:19 AM
    Do they work on each others hotspot?
    03-16-15 07:39 AM
    Maybe because every device (even 10.2 blackberry) uses the same settings that work fine?
    No what I meant is that Apple is having huge wifi issues and they can't seem to figure it out neither.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:40 AM
    Sorry to hear your problem. I am afraid to say that it is not the OS, not the phone. It is your router and/or your router settings. It is obvious that your router and your phone do not communicate at home. Since you admitted that no one is replying or following up on your threads, it is because 10.3 works on every WiFi. Except yours...so it must be your router. I have just replaced a 4 year old Net gear router that was on dual band. You are saying that your router is single band 2.4..how old is it? , further you do not say whether when you are away from your appartment, at work or in a shopping centre whether your wifi works..?? Get a new router or thoroughly check your settings. I have a pp, z30 X 5, all on 10.3 and one Z30 still on 10.2 and they all work perfectly. Good luck. No upgrade OS is going to fix your problem. It is the router.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-16-15 07:52 AM
155 123 ...