Excellent Screen, Perfect Keyboard, Phablet design and Monster OS/performance...

It's even much much better feeling when you have it in your hands than just watching it. Astonishing!!! I was all wet and will be all in for it even I'm not a heavy worker on the phone and wanted a full screen!!!

Superb work and revolutionary!! Perfect match for a successful man or who wanna to be...

Can not wait for this September
    Last edited by JohnQQ365; 07-21-14 at 07:28 AM.
    07-21-14 07:11 AM
    cant wait for it. Heres hoping its in my price range. suitable upgrade for my Q10.
    07-21-14 07:56 AM
    Where did you get to see it

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 08:22 AM
    Excellent Screen, Perfect Keyboard, Phablet design and Monster OS/performance...

Astonishing!!!

Superb work and revolutionary!!
    Hmm. Work for BlackBerry by any chance?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-21-14 02:10 PM
    Hmm. Work for BlackBerry by any chance?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Of course man. Anyone impressed with a BB must work for them. We all know that already. Pssshhhh

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    shorski and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    07-21-14 03:13 PM
    I think a "perfect" keyboard would be one with all of the capacitive touch features of the Passport, but with the printed symbols and the shift and alt keys on the keyboard instead of taking up screen space... But that's just my opinion, apparently in the minority.

Glad you like it man. Hope you enjoy it once it releases.

Traugs, rai187, goUSAFblue and 2 others like this.
    07-21-14 03:14 PM
    How were you able to get your hands on one?

Posted via My Beast Q10
    07-21-14 03:36 PM
    Don't get too wet, not sure if it's waterproof.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    SK122387, shorski, step07 and 3 others like this.
    07-21-14 04:11 PM
    I think a "perfect" keyboard would be one with all of the capacitive touch features of the Passport, but with the printed symbols and the shift and alt keys on the keyboard instead of taking up screen space... But that's just my opinion, apparently in the minority.

Glad you like it man. Hope you enjoy it once it releases.

I thought so too at first but there's something to be said about always having the context-specific symbols you need appear above the keyboard, and not needing to push 2 buttons or search for the right symbol. I'm excited to try it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 10:47 PM
    Pictures?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-22-14 12:07 AM
    This September they say?

So those of us in the U.S. know we should probably expect it in like January. Good times.
    07-22-14 12:09 AM
    We still calling it Windermere? I thought it's already been established that its name is Passport?
    and
    ok JohnQQ365.....or should I say John Chen!
    Show yourself!
    Last edited by Elite1; 07-23-14 at 05:44 AM.
    07-22-14 12:13 AM
    I thought so too at first but there's something to be said about always having the context-specific symbols you need appear above the keyboard, and not needing to push 2 buttons or search for the right symbol. I'm excited to try it.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you need to search? It would be right there on the keyboard. That's the point. Having a group of touch symbols that keep changing would require you to actively look to see what is where at that time. Printed symbols never move and you always know where everything is...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-22-14 12:20 AM
    Don't get too wet, not sure if it's waterproof.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    The only thing I miss.
    They are quite robust. Stable. And at least they survive a lot of water, but jumping with my BlackBerry into a lake, pool, river... man! wow :d :d

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:31 AM
    Pictures?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    I'm sure he didn't get that chance because he was too wet to remember asking
    07-23-14 05:28 AM
    This September they say?

So those of us in the U.S. know we should probably expect it in like January. Good times.
    Or September 2015 since your market is no longer trustworthy
    07-23-14 05:30 AM
    We still calling it Windermere? I thought it's already been established that its name is Passport?
    and
    Show yourself!
    Oh my!
    Last edited by Elite1; 07-23-14 at 05:45 AM.
    07-23-14 05:32 AM
    and
    Show yourself!
    Hi CB team, just for the heck of it,
    can you check the geolocation of this IP in the server logs?

Waterloo?
    Some California location where a certain high-profile commuter lives? ;-)

Pasted via CB chen
    07-23-14 06:22 AM
    Hi CB team, just for the heck of it,
    can you check the geolocation of this IP in the server logs?

Waterloo?
    Some California location where a certain high-profile commuter lives? ;-)

Pasted via CB chen
    I'm sure CB can do that. But to publish or any hint of a member's location is asking for lawsuit.
    07-23-14 06:31 AM
    You lucky bugger....lol
    07-23-14 06:34 AM
    Why would you need to search? It would be right there on the keyboard. That's the point. Having a group of touch symbols that keep changing would require you to actively look to see what is where at that time. Printed symbols never move and you always know where everything is...
    But if it's smart like BlackBerry 10 Keyboard (which it is) then it will already know which symbol you need even before you know you need it! So it just displays those

When you're typing, one extra row is permanently displayed on screen which covers 90% of the printed symbols currently on the keyboard..

The reason for the virtual row is that it can hide when you are browsing the internet or viewing pictures.. unlike the case in a physical 4th row.

Plus it's easier to 'tap' the virtual row, then press Alt+key

Eliminating the 4th row almost saves 5mm which is significant amount at small scale like in mobile..
    07-23-14 06:55 AM
    Tell more about it. Does ti seem to be to large in your hand?
    07-23-14 08:31 AM
    But if it's smart like BlackBerry 10 Keyboard (which it is) then it will already know which symbol you need even before you know you need it! So it just displays those

When you're typing, one extra row is permanently displayed on screen which covers 90% of the printed symbols currently on the keyboard..

The reason for the virtual row is that it can hide when you are browsing the internet or viewing pictures.. unlike the case in a physical 4th row.

Plus it's easier to 'tap' the virtual row, then press Alt+key

Eliminating the 4th row almost saves 5mm which is significant amount at small scale like in mobile..
    Actually, go look at my mock ups I made of a Passport with a full keyboard. It can be done with NO size increase in the overall device and NO size decrease in the screen size... So pretty much both "cons" of the 4th row you just stated really doesn't exist.

07-23-14 10:28 AM
    How can you add 3-4mm of a physical row without claiming any size difference?

Besides, you're missing the point.. it's not about the size.. we are talking about the 'huge' Passport..

It's about the functionality.. you should wait to use it before concluding it's practicality.. even I can't say for sure until I use it.. but personally I already prefer it that way because it's virtual, smart and intuitive.

I rather have a virtual 4th row with Symbols because it can be altered as opposed to permanently being printed..

Answer me this, what if you constantly use the '%' symbol? Wouldn't it be much more practical for the system to display that often on the 4th row as a virtual key?

If you pretend to use the Q10 keyboard like it was the Passport without the symbols, it's actually so much lightweight to type.. that 'alt' key seems redundant all of a sudden.. makes me even wonder why BlackBerry never thought of this earlier haha!
    07-23-14 11:42 AM
    Actually, go look at my mock ups I made of a Passport with a full keyboard. It can be done with NO size increase in the overall device and NO size decrease in the screen size... So pretty much both "cons" of the 4th row you just stated really doesn't exist.

Can you provide a link to the mockup? I'm interested to see how you include 4-5mm of physical keys without any size change in device or screen..
    07-23-14 11:43 AM
34 12