Dear all,

In my opinion, once you've used a Passport, once you've had it in your hands, the KeyOne definitely looks like a "toy". It's like having a Hummer and and Bugatti side by side. Whereas, if you take the Bugatti's engine and customize it in the Hummer, you end up having a powerful beast that can compete with the other sports cars. A "Truck" that can equal or beat a Bugatti Verone in a 0 - 100m race.

I thus dream of an Android Passport with a 6 or 8G Ram, 128GB HD, 2T memory card and a 6000mAh battery. Imagine such a phone! It could be called the BlackBerry Passport Beast or BlackBerry Beast or simply THE BEAST. In the same device you have Authority, Security, Durability, Strength, Speed, Endurance... and Elegance. Such a phone will eat competitors' offers.

I dream of that every night. I hope to wake up one day and live this dream for real.

I love BlackBerry, from Cameroon - Central Africa.
    BerryRipe, BigAl_BB9900 and Powdah like this.
    05-13-18 04:17 AM
    Dear all,

In my opinion, once you've used a Passport, once you've had it in your hands, the KeyOne definitely looks like a "toy". It's like having a Hummer and and Bugatti side by side. Whereas, if you take the Bugatti's engine and customize it in the Hummer, you end up having a powerful beast that can compete with the other sports cars. A "Truck" that can equal or beat a Bugatti Verone in a 0 - 100m race.

I thus dream of an Android Passport with a 6 or 8G Ram, 128GB HD, 2T memory card and a 6000mAh battery. Imagine such a phone! It could be called the BlackBerry Passport Beast or BlackBerry Beast or simply THE BEAST. In the same device you have Authority, Security, Durability, Strength, Speed, Endurance... and Elegance. Such a phone will eat competitors' offers.

I dream of that every night. I hope to wake up one day and live this dream for real.

I love the idea but unfortunately not gonna happen..
    Powdah likes this.
    05-13-18 04:30 AM
    Why is it not going to happen? Is it technically impossible or the idea is simply unrealistic?
    05-13-18 04:52 AM
    Just think tcl,s philosophy is totally different from your thoughts and 6000mah battery would be great but it's unrealistic.
    05-13-18 04:54 AM
    Just think tcl,s philosophy is totally different from your thoughts and 6000mah battery would be great but it's unrealistic.
    6000mah is bulk Chinese OEM way of extending battery life. Software battery management is the proper way to go.
    the_boon and Bbnivende like this.
    05-13-18 05:02 AM
    Yes. You are dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 06:56 AM
    I'm still dreaming of a BB10 PlayBook and hope somebody will wake me up real soon. Dreams die hard! 😉
    05-13-18 07:00 AM
    Dear all,

Dreaming is not a crime, you can!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 07:30 AM
    I think it's a good idea / dream. They could do the exact same with the Classic, callin it the "BlackBerry Ultimate".
    AlexanderAbara likes this.
    05-13-18 07:57 AM
    Why is it not going to happen? Is it technically impossible or the idea is simply unrealistic?
    A 1:1 screen is not permitted on Android.

BlackBerry Mobile, for good reason, has decided that 3:2 is the best compromise between height and usability.

A Passport width, with a 3:2 screen would be a tablet.
    05-13-18 08:05 AM
    I think BlackBerry did toy with the idea of having a Passport running Android. There was one floating around in the wild that a CB member bought and actually used.

If they could make it happen, I'd be in line to buy it.

What stops them is the screen. Google doesn't permit 1:1. If I'm not mistaken, for apps to be used they would have to use black bars at the top and bottom or be stretched out and that is something that Google doesn't want to deal with.

I think if the Passport sold more and was actually a viable product in the marketplace we would have seen it happen, but the Passport failed just like every other BB10 device.

It's just not worth the hassle at this point.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-13-18 08:35 AM
    For one, you can't actually buy a 2 TB SD card.
    05-13-18 10:08 AM

What stops them is the screen. Google doesn't permit 1:1. If I'm not mistaken, for apps to be used they would have to use black bars at the top and bottom or be stretched out and that is something that Google doesn't want to deal with.
    Just curious, how does the user seeing black bars affect Google? If the user buys the phone knowing the black bars will be there at times, wut would be the big deal? Unless I'm missin some insider information, lol
    05-13-18 10:27 AM
    A 1:1 screen is not permitted on Android.

BlackBerry Mobile, for good reason, has decided that 3:2 is the best compromise between height and usability.

A Passport width, with a 3:2 screen would be a tablet.
    Making the passport a hair narrower and a stretching the screen all the way up (past BB logo) could maybe get it to the 4:3 allowed ratio?
    Powdah likes this.
    05-13-18 11:17 AM
    I would also love it. I miss my PP all the time. As far as form factor it was close to perfect.
    Powdah likes this.
    05-13-18 11:32 AM
    For one, you can't actually buy a 2 TB SD card.
    But there are devices that can handle as succh like Nintendo switch!
    So I guess there soon will be that crazy volume of SD card and not to mention there are already 512GB card in wild!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 11:46 AM
    Dear all,

Sadly this never gana happen!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 11:49 AM
    I'm still dreaming of a BB10 PlayBook and hope somebody will wake me up real soon. Dreams die hard! ������
    Buy a Surface... the PlayBook dream will go away.

New dreams....
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-14-18 09:17 AM
    Buy a Surface... the PlayBook dream will go away.

New dreams....
    Totally agreed!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 10:09 AM
    I think BlackBerry did toy with the idea of having a Passport running Android. There was one floating around in the wild that a CB member bought and actually used.

If they could make it happen, I'd be in line to buy it.
    They did and it won't happen.
    05-14-18 12:13 PM
    Lol a 'toy' ?

Yeah and the passport looks like a relic..dead and irrelevant.
    Neither look like toys

Oh wait...

the KEYone has glossy keys
    05-14-18 02:14 PM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Is there one follow me to buy chokichoki to INDOMART?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-18 10:14 AM
    I stopped dreaming of something like this, I'll just wait for Nokia to do a cheap keyboard phone: won't be Son of Passport, won't cost an arm and a leg either. In the meantime my Passport keeps on rocking (knock on wood).
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-17-18 10:45 AM
    I stopped dreaming of something like this, I'll just wait for Nokia to do a cheap keyboard phone: won't be Son of Passport, won't cost an arm and a leg either. In the meantime my Passport keeps on rocking (knock on wood).
    There was a patent for a full qwerty Nokia tha. Got released late last year around October or November I believe.

It was supposed to be an E-series reboot with WhatsApp built in.
    Not sure what the hell happened to that project. After the patent leaks, the news just died down and nothing else was heard since.

Not sure why Nokia would bother with the Banana phone (that isn’t even spring loaded!!!) and drop the qwerty project.
    05-17-18 03:42 PM
    There was a patent for a full qwerty Nokia tha. Got released late last year around October or November I believe.

It was supposed to be an E-series reboot with WhatsApp built in.
    Not sure what the hell happened to that project. After the patent leaks, the news just died down and nothing else was heard since.

Not sure why Nokia would bother with the Banana phone (that isn’t even spring loaded!!!) and drop the qwerty project.
    Who knows if and when it will come out; I just got a Nokia 3310 3G for my mom: super cheap, does what she needs (calls, done). They could charge two or three times more for the keyboard version, it would still be worth it. In lemon yellow with white accents please!
    Haivu1945 likes this.
    05-17-18 03:50 PM
62 123