Who hates it? Seems like a nice looking device to me! Color docent matter as long as the device work well and the Passport works great.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:37 PM
    The silver BlackBerry Passport actually looks really good and appealing as far as I am concerned, but I quickly become deflated by the fact that it is still running BlackBerry 10, an OS that has very questionable future at this point in time.
    That's funny.

Because if it were running anything other than BlackBerry 10, I wouldn't have bought it yesterday.
    tinochiko and alan510 like this.
    08-06-15 07:40 PM
    The chin and frets are plastic, through and through, without question. If have a Silver edition.

Posted via CB10
    What I posted is a direct quote from the blackberry blog and the actual industrial designer. Stating they are plastic is contradictory to what Blackberry has already said.
    08-06-15 07:54 PM
    I agree. Much more stunning than my original Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    I've been saying this when the threads began before this week. Many that stated their dislike have come about fa etc the point of selling theirs on the grey market. This is actually a win win for BlackBerry, grey market means more devices that are browsing. Downloading more paid/free apps, means developers stick around and continue to maintain their efforts. Existing users upgrade or side-grade showing of a much ancient designed product meant to last throughout time (let's hope the key a order lasts as long as the stainless steele body).

@Ziro, Finally we have an attainable product to match and dare I say even compete with any one of your designs. #ExtremeComplimentZiro!

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    08-06-15 07:55 PM
    What I posted is a direct quote from the blackberry blog and the actual industrial designer. Stating they are plastic is contradictory to what Blackberry has already said.
    Possibly they misspoke in the article. I just don't think its metal either.
    08-06-15 08:06 PM
    I really don't want to be a hater, but I just don't like it. Not only do I not like the design, but I also don't see the point in this phone being produced. It has the SAME exact specs as the two previous passport models.

I also find it crazy that people give apple SO MUCH CR*P for making the same designed phone with upgraded specs every two years, but applaud BlackBerry for a different design but SAME specs almost a year later.

This whole silver addition, to ME, seems like a big waste of resources. It makes the company look out of touch and silly to a lot of people (mostly non BlackBerry users). I think that is a big part of why it's getting so much hate.

Just my opinion anyway. I don't have anything against you for liking this phone, just not for me.

Sent from my Passport
    gmsm, jallister, TGR1 and 3 others like this.
    08-06-15 08:17 PM
    I like the Silver Passport. Allot! I doesn't have to have upgraded specs. The original Passport does everything well.
    08-06-15 09:40 PM
    Hey OP! You mentioned that you are a jeweler! Can you create a mens ring with the BlackBerry logo in silver for me? I would say the logo in diamonds but out of reach at the moment

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    Supa_Fly1 and Jakobroxx like this.
    08-06-15 09:54 PM
    I don't hate it. Want it. Later, when it's published in my country. There's no way I'm ordering it online. I wanna buy retail for this beauty, just like I did when I bought the original.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    08-06-15 10:36 PM
    Some really good pictures. Thanks. The SE is really nice. But function is more important to me than form. So I'll stick with my original Passport for now and take a really close look at the slider when it comes out. I'm thinking a slab/keyboard combination just might be the right way to go for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:57 PM
    I don't like the looks of the new SE quite as much as the OG. But the SE really is quite a bit more handsome in the hand. Certainly more solid than the OG. Tapping the steel with my finger feels as though it's an inch thick, it is an amazingly solid phone.

Beyond that, the phone has been improved on basically every front. It's really quite an impressive offering from BlackBerry, even with the plastic chin.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:57 PM
    The new case have improved the signal reception.
    Better reception = longer battery life.
    You could go for years without charging with this one. I mean days.
    Jakobroxx likes this.
    08-06-15 11:01 PM
    The newer silver edition is a nice phone, but from a design standpoint the original pp still has a much better achieved design. Starting from the glass that is frameless, the simetry of the four squared edges ( the newer has two different corners, up and bottom), the speakers on the newer look patched up, proporsions are off, the top is too short and the chin too tall, that in part due to the screen being framed now. The two thing I like about the silver though are the better keyboard and the back, I very much appreciate what they did in the back of the phone. Keys on the silver should have been of a ligher color too.
    08-06-15 11:37 PM
    The silver passport is a new addition to the family but I hav the red one and I don't kno about others but I find red passport more appealing and more stylish and unique than the new silver. If u look carefully u will like the red one more. It's more sexy.stands out more in the crowd. One of its kind

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 12:34 AM
    I really don't want to be a hater, but I just don't like it. Not only do I not like the design, but I also don't see the point in this phone being produced. It has the SAME exact specs as the two previous passport models.

I also find it crazy that people give apple SO MUCH CR*P for making the same designed phone with upgraded specs every two years, but applaud BlackBerry for a different design but SAME specs almost a year later.

This whole silver addition, to ME, seems like a big waste of resources. It makes the company look out of touch and silly to a lot of people (mostly non BlackBerry users). I think that is a big part of why it's getting so much hate.

Just my opinion anyway. I don't have anything against you for liking this phone, just not for me.

Sent from my Passport
    As what chen said from his previous interviews, he's working on to update(or upgrade) the camera of the passport and it seems to me that they've done that in the current SE. Basing from the user feedback, signal and sound quality were improved. This however are debatable until BlackBerry officially announces the real improvements, be it on software or on hardware.

As to design, I see how they've addressed the screen lifting by changing the structure of the chasis. Also the grip was improved thanks to the diamond textured back. The keys are a bit softer (basing from user feedback again) and the sim/sd cover looks more easier to open than the previous version.

So what that it mean to launch a new improved version rather than new device? If I were the seller, I would consider the investments made with the current device, be it patent for its features and the molds for the materials to be assembled in the device. Its taking what resources you already have and making something better out of it. BlackBerry is still trying to be creative with their budget I suppose.

BlackBerry now is more focused in their enterprise clients and of course they won't launch new device (or newer version) without having some feasibility study from their clients. I think the SE is targeted to another client who, like AT&T will provide orders until the device is improved for them. It could be for other potential customers who are holding back because of screen lifting, slow focusing camera. BlackBerry is a niche market now and it could be that improving the design (or colors) of their current devices will make it more standout from being niche already .

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-07-15 12:37 AM
    The silver passport is a new addition to the family but I hav the red one and I don't kno about others but I find red passport more appealing and more stylish and unique than the new silver. If u look carefully u will like the red one more. It's more sexy.stands out more in the crowd. One of its kind

Posted via CB10
    Judging by photos I feel the same way, but I'm assuming the silver looks much better in photos. But I do really love how the red looks.
    08-07-15 12:57 AM
    I don't think anyone looking forward to using a Blackberry really hates silver edition but for many existing users it is a pot-pourri of expectations and reality. Some like me don't find it exciting enough to asap get rid of original PPs while others cant wait to get rid of theirs. Some like aesthetics of silver edition some feel it come across as plastiky. Some feel Camera and reception will be vastly improved because press release mentioned and this and they were all ears while others are sill evaluating and comparing with present PPs they are using. Some users feel there should have been updated specs (not really including the mindless BB bashing here) and other argue they get by alright with present specs of PP.
    Having choices is good, for everyone..... even if it is the same stuff packaged differently
    bodjor likes this.
    08-07-15 11:33 AM
    Stunning pictures. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    08-07-15 12:42 PM
    Droolingheeeree

Nice bro!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Ziro1 likes this.
    08-07-15 01:33 PM
    Judging by photos I feel the same way, but I'm assuming the silver looks much better in photos. But I do really love how the red looks.
    The SE looks better in hand than in these admittedly good looking product shots. No photo does the handset justice though, because the feel is what is so special about it. It's an intangible, almost.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-07-15 01:48 PM
    The SE looks better in hand than in these admittedly good looking product shots. No photo does the handset justice though, because the feel is what is so special about it. It's an intangible, almost.

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100%
    08-07-15 01:50 PM
    People are waiting for a high end replacement for the Z line, and BlackBerry makes a third version of the Passport in less than a year, a Q10 with a tool belt that is selling poorly, and the Leap. It is a little frustrating to see a device that isn't setting any sales records get two face lifts when they could sell a lot more devices to people wanting a higher end all touch. Did this new Passport push back the slider availability due to BlackBerry 's limited resources?

If the Slider is going to have a new SOC then it would have been good to see BlackBerry go to that for this Passport too for some differentiation. I think many are just frustrated with decisions being made by BlackBerry with hardware. Makes no sense at all.

Posted via Z30
    08-07-15 01:50 PM
    Its design is wonderful but I don't think the design would matter for people who could see its worth. Passports are helpful, if they don't like the design then they should at least think about what the device could do with their daily activities in life.
    08-07-15 08:54 PM
    People are waiting for a high end replacement for the Z line, and BlackBerry makes a third version of the Passport in less than a year, a Q10 with a tool belt that is selling poorly, and the Leap. It is a little frustrating to see a device that isn't setting any sales records get two face lifts when they could sell a lot more devices to people wanting a higher end all touch. Did this new Passport push back the slider availability due to BlackBerry 's limited resources?

If the Slider is going to have a new SOC then it would have been good to see BlackBerry go to that for this Passport too for some differentiation. I think many are just frustrated with decisions being made by BlackBerry with hardware. Makes no sense at all.

Posted via Z30
    The Z10 is what made BlackBerry take a near $1billion writedown. The Z30 was sold hardly anywhere because carriers were wary after seeing what happened with the Z10.

What has changed on the app front from the Z10 to now? We have an Amazon App Store. Do you think that's enough to sell a bunch of high end all touch devices?? BlackBerry can't afford another $1billion writedown. There realistically aren't many Z10 and Z30 owners out there. It's not like there are just hundreds of millions of people waiting to get their hands on a high end all touch screen BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    Jakobroxx and bodjor like this.
    08-07-15 09:03 PM

Guess what? BlackBerry needs to make high-spec full touch (Z10 and Z30 sizes), Q10, Classic, Passport and Slider. Everybody has been waiting for a high-spec device in the form factor of their choosing.
    08-07-15 09:27 PM
115 12345