According to the model launch advertising, in this version signal reception has been improved. Could you compare this parameter between your red and silver versions?.
    Thanks.
    I honestly see a big difference in signal strength in my house, I was getting a lot disconnect around my house on my red
    08-06-15 01:36 PM
    Yeah, looking at the photos, the OG Passport looks to my eyes plainly better designed. The Silver edition is busy.

But I'll see in a little bit, as mine is out for delivery. I'm guessing it doesn't photograph well and will feel better in hand.

Posted via CB10
    It's not busy at all!
    08-06-15 01:38 PM
    Didn't really like the silver when it was announced but with I pictured next to the red one I really like it now! I still prefer my red though. I think it's the nicest one but if I had choose another color it would be the silver.

Red>silver>black>white

Posted via CB10
    Vuester likes this.
    08-06-15 02:03 PM
    According to the model launch advertising, in this version signal reception has been improved. Could you compare this parameter between your red and silver versions?.
    Thanks.
    I get one extra LTE bar compared to the black.
    08-06-15 02:04 PM
    Envy can induce "hate" sometimes...

The silver is simply sweet.
    08-06-15 02:43 PM
    Nice . How many screen protectors did u get
    08-06-15 03:06 PM
    The back of it kinda reminds me of a retro Kodak camera....and I mean that in a good way. Sexy thing!
    08-06-15 03:30 PM
    My heart was set on the Red but now I really want the silver. I agree that your photography is exemplary and it's nice to see them side by side. I would probably still get a red one later because I've been thinking about it for so long but the silver should be the definitive Passport now. I love the allusions to the AMG Petronas team. Hopefully the sponsorship is renewed.

If you have the time, could you confirm a few things? I don't know if definitive answers have been given yet.

- Is the chin metallic? Please try a magnet on it.
    - does the earpiece serve as a loudspeaker as well? Is the sound richer?
    - How is thermal dissipation when running cpu-intensive apps?

Thanks.
    Jakobroxx likes this.
    08-06-15 03:37 PM
    My heart was set on the Red but now I really want the silver. I agree that your photography is exemplary and it's nice to see them side by side. I would probably still get a red one later because I've been thinking about it for so long but the silver should be the definitive Passport now. I love the allusions to the AMG Petronas team. Hopefully the sponsorship is renewed.

If you have the time, could you confirm a few things? I don't know if definitive answers have been given yet.

- Is the chin metallic? Please try a magnet on it.
    - does the earpiece serve as a loudspeaker as well? Is the sound richer?
    - How is thermal dissipation when running cpu-intensive apps?

Thanks.
    Chin is plastic from what I can tell. Heat feels to be about the same in the top right corner. The top earpiece doesn't emit sound. The speakers seem louder than the black probably because of the metal. Not sure if it is 'richer' though.
    08-06-15 03:45 PM
    I am curious about the SIM cover, is it just painted plastic? I fear the paint could wear of easy over time, revealing black or white base plastic underneath.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 03:49 PM
    If you load a different ring tone on your notifications will it play the full ringtone or cut off after 4 seconds like they do now.

Passport to heaven..
    08-06-15 04:03 PM
    A thing of Beauty and might pick one up if slider is a flop however wish it was a tad smaller ..
    08-06-15 04:16 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I agree. Much more stunning than my original Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    08-06-15 04:27 PM
    I am curious about the SIM cover, is it just painted plastic? I fear the paint could wear of easy over time, revealing black or white base plastic underneath.

Posted via CB10
    Its plastic painted it match the steel and I already can see a slight scratch. Its going to need a case.
    Last edited by mhw100; 08-06-15 at 05:30 PM.
    08-06-15 04:33 PM
    I gently bent the sim door in the direction of the gap and put it back on so now it fits almost perfectly.
    Should you have to "gently bend" anything that is brand new, in order to get it to fit properly? I find that disturbing.
    08-06-15 05:05 PM
    Mine doesn't come until tomorrow, but given the pictures on the blackberry blogs I don't see how the chin can be plastic. Seems like a big step backwards to make the frets and chin now plastic.

From the Blackberry blogs:

"Florio: What are the iconic BlackBerry elements that endure even as we evolve our design?

Di: Frets — the metal bars separating the rows of keys —are the most iconic part of BlackBerry devices with physical keypads. They play an important role in making keyboard easy and intuitive to use. The frets of this design have evolved from the bars on older BlackBerry products. They are now built around the touch-sensitive keypad and are fully integrated with the device."

Since the frets and chin are one integrated piece this would confirm the chin is metal and not plastic.
    08-06-15 05:17 PM
    Should you have to "gently bend" anything that is brand new, in order to get it to fit properly? I find that disturbing.
    Certainly shouldn't have to but these are BlackBerry phones that have known quality issues so one needs to be creative.
    Last edited by mhw100; 08-06-15 at 05:46 PM.
    08-06-15 05:25 PM
    Mine doesn't come until tomorrow, but given the pictures on the blackberry blogs I don't see how the chin can be plastic. Seems like a big step backwards to make the frets and chin now plastic.

"Florio: What are the iconic BlackBerry elements that endure even as we evolve our design?

Di: Frets � the metal bars separating the rows of keys �are the most iconic part of BlackBerry devices with physical keypads. They play an important role in making keyboard easy and intuitive to use. The frets of this design have evolved from the bars on older BlackBerry products. They are now built around the touch-sensitive keypad and are fully integrated with the device."

Since the frets and chin are one integrated piece this would confirm the chin is metal and not plastic.
    I don't believe it is metal but I stand to be corrected. If it is it doesn't seem to be the same as the side steel.
    08-06-15 05:28 PM
    Just pick your favorite. Simple as that! You don't have convince other people to like it lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-06-15 05:43 PM
    The silver BlackBerry Passport actually looks really good and appealing as far as I am concerned, but I quickly become deflated by the fact that it is still running BlackBerry 10, an OS that has very questionable future at this point in time.
    08-06-15 06:31 PM
    You'd rather that it not run on BB10?
    08-06-15 07:00 PM
    I like the colours but I still don't like the curved edges and the bigger chin.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    08-06-15 07:12 PM

Di: Frets � the metal bars separating the rows of keys �are the most iconic part of BlackBerry devices with physical keypads. They play an important role in making keyboard easy and intuitive to use. The frets of this design have evolved from the bars on older BlackBerry products. They are now built around the touch-sensitive keypad and are fully integrated with the device."

The chin and frets are plastic, through and through, without question. If have a Silver edition.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:19 PM
    Looks like an iphone 5 at the bottom.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    08-06-15 07:26 PM
    I love the photo of the red passport and silver passport placed side by side.
    08-06-15 07:36 PM
115 1234 ...