I took the plunge by placing my order for the BlackBerry Passport on Amazon today.

WOW!

I spent the past week in here reading the forums trying to decide if this is what I really wanted to do-- go back to BlackBerry and give up my iPhone 6 Plus. I swear I forgot what it felt like being among other blackberry users, and I simply love the vibes in here. It's been over six years since I abandoned the BlackBerry (shame on me) and after figuring out exactly what I really want and need in a phone the BlackBerry Passport is my choice. I can't wait to get the feel of that baby in my hands and do life using the hub and staying productive with my daily affairs! I just wanted to thank you all for giving your pro's and con's in helping me make the best decision for a phone since the original BB Curve, yep it's been that long, but I'm back~
    You made the right decision. By a country mile, this phone is the best bang for the dollar on the market today. End of story. And definitely take the time to get blend up and going. It is literally decades ahead of the competition and something that truly enhances productivity unlike so many apps that have a minimal influence on my daily needs. You go girl, spread the word.
    datgrl1 likes this.
    01-05-15 10:53 AM
    I ordered one yesterday, after thinking a lot about it.

I hope you have fun with your Passport dear OP, while getting work done!
    bspence87 and datgrl1 like this.
    01-05-15 11:38 AM
    Can you explain what snap is? Ive seen it mentioned a few times now, but im not sure what it does
    Snap is a BlackBerry app that gives you access to Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:40 AM
    OK I just got my BB Passport and first of all I love the feel of it in my hand, seriously. It doesn't slip slide out of my hand like the iPhone 6+ and the grip is awesome! It's been so long I feel like I'm right at home with my best friend and first love <3 I like the typing and I'm having NO issues going from the touch to the keypad. I do have to get use to the gestures and the other little things such as the settings-- get things organized like I prefer.

The call quality is awesome as well as the sound and speakers!!! I don't have to keep blowing in the speakers for the caller to hear me clearly, I really don't know why I had to do that often with my iPhone. And the little red flashing light OMG!!! I missed it sooooo much! Right now I'm having fun with this baby and I'm taking my time getting to know it. Thanks for all the input and suggestions I'll be surfing in here to figure out this and that, otherwise I'm beyond happy!
    j21jam6, yessuz, BCLoco and 4 others like this.
    01-05-15 04:07 PM
    OK I just got my BB Passport and first of all I love the feel of it in my hand, seriously. It doesn't slip slide out of my hand like the iPhone 6+ and the grip is awesome! It's been so long I feel like I'm right at home with my best friend and first love <3 I like the typing and I'm having NO issues going from the touch to the keypad. I do have to get use to the gestures and the other little things such as the settings-- get things organized like I prefer.

The call quality is awesome as well as the sound and speakers!!! I don't have to keep blowing in the speakers for the caller to hear me clearly, I really don't know why I had to do that often with my iPhone. And the little red flashing light OMG!!! I missed it sooooo much! Right now I'm having fun with this baby and I'm taking my time getting to know it. Thanks for all the input and suggestions I'll be surfing in here to figure out this and that, otherwise I'm beyond happy!
    Your iPhone wanted blow jobs LMFAO.
    datgrl1 likes this.
    01-05-15 04:15 PM
    *slow clap* welcome back to the dark side!

ToyaKnowsBest.squarespace.com
    'Welcome back from the dark side!'

FIFY
    datgrl1 likes this.
    01-05-15 04:46 PM
    Congrats ! I'm waiting on my cousin to give me his money for my iPhone 6 now so I can place my order on Amazon for my Passport , can't wait to come back home to blackberry been long overdue they stepped up the products and OS and can get the same apps I have already !😃😃😃
    j21jam6, BCLoco, tp2386 and 1 others like this.
    01-05-15 05:13 PM
    Congrats ! I'm waiting on my cousin to give me his money for my iPhone 6 now so I can place my order on Amazon for my Passport , can't wait to come back home to blackberry been long overdue they stepped up the products and OS and can get the same apps I have already !😃😃😃
    Make sure you post your findings and thoughts when you get your Passport.
    Look forward to having you in the club.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    datgrl1 likes this.
    01-05-15 06:48 PM
    Thanks for all the input and suggestions I'll be surfing in here to figure out this and that, otherwise I'm beyond happy!
    Awesome! BlackBerry's traditionally have a lot of sweet shortcut gems hidden throughout the OS. Here's a couple of good places to get a jump start:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965730

http://www.cio.com/article/2691208/b...shortcuts.html

Enjoy!

PP
    datgrl1 likes this.
    01-05-15 08:31 PM
    Usual warning: BB10 has a steep learning curve. But man...once mastered, it has no equal.

Welcome back!

PP
    01-05-15 08:39 PM
    I'm in same camp with the OP. And I'm glad I made the switch lol

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 and datgrl1 like this.
    01-06-15 12:06 PM
    I've had mine two days now and I am Loving it. I haven't tried any android apps yet, just wanted to make sure it works and I don't get the Issues i had with 'the z10. Loving the keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 02:31 PM
    Did anyone of you have tapes/stickers sealed twice on their boxes?
    01-06-15 02:39 PM
    Yes, from carphone warehouse. Took a photo and rang them before going further, they assured me that it was new, they check everything first!
    it seems brand new though and no faults yet, glad I logged it with them just in case.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 02:54 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Congratulations OP!

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:19 PM

Congratulations on your new buy... I am preparing for May... I will get one then.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:36 PM
    Me too carphonewarehouse. Not sure if they would allow me an exchange?
    01-06-15 03:38 PM
    Does anyone know if carphone warehouse have them in store? Contract is up in a few weeks. Got a Z30 and want to try a passport before I decide what to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 04:13 PM
    Does anyone know if carphone warehouse have them in store? Contract is up in a few weeks. Got a Z30 and want to try a passport before I decide what to do.

Posted via CB10
    Very limited stock in store. I know this because my 2 week old Passport has had to go back to CPW hub for exchange (faulty GPS sensor) rather than store swap :/

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk
    01-08-15 12:50 PM
    Thanks. Went in anyway and they had a model to play with, and walked out with a beautiful new passport. Lovin it already. My z30 seems so narrow already

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-09-15 01:35 PM
    Thanks. Went in anyway and they had a model to play with, and walked out with a beautiful new passport. Lovin it already. My z30 seems so narrow already

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations. Interested to know what becomes of your Z30 in the coming weeks. I gave mine away after having my Passport for three days. And I'm a HUGE fan of the Z30.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    01-09-15 01:52 PM
    I took the plunge by placing my order for the BlackBerry Passport on Amazon today.

WOW!

I spent the past week in here reading the forums trying to decide if this is what I really wanted to do-- go back to BlackBerry and give up my iPhone 6 Plus. I swear I forgot what it felt like being among other blackberry users, and I simply love the vibes in here. It's been over six years since I abandoned the BlackBerry (shame on me) and after figuring out exactly what I really want and need in a phone the BlackBerry Passport is my choice. I can't wait to get the feel of that baby in my hands and do life using the hub and staying productive with my daily affairs! I just wanted to thank you all for giving your pro's and con's in helping me make the best decision for a phone since the original BB Curve, yep it's been that long, but I'm back~
    Be sure to get a nano size sim for it...this seems to catch a bunch of new owners out...having to scramble around to find a nano on day one after unboxing!

This Passport takes me places!
    01-09-15 02:41 PM
    OP: are you also taking advantage of the iphone exchange incentive? I think the 6+ gets you something like $600?

This Passport takes me places!
    01-09-15 02:49 PM
    I got my passport today. Activated nano sim. WHAT a phone. I nearly went for the classic. So glad I didn't. The keyboard is taking some getting used to, that will come with time. I am so glad I waited. Speed is impressive. Apps great. Just waiting to set up Blend. I am a novice user and if anyone is not sure about the passport, don't be. Best decision I have made in a long time. Enjoying it so much I'm in the pub with it on a Friday night.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-09-15 02:59 PM
    Nice! And enjoy!
    01-09-15 03:29 PM
79 1234