I'm just SO sick of the petty bull**** problems of BlackBerry. The text messaging situation has me fired up... AGAIN. Text hub is lagging, freezing, won't send messages etc. Iphones have 5 year old text conversations with NO problems and I can't have a damn five month old text conversation without my ******** BlackBerry os going nuts. ****s for the birds. Bring on the Mercury.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-21-17 11:56 AM
    Lol, here we go again. Can't wait for mercury to come up so finally crackberry get rest from all these threads.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-21-17 11:59 AM
    I've owned BlackBerry for ten years now. I shouldn't be plagued with corrupt text conversations every other week. You never hear of this **** on android and especially iphone. I keep my text threads because I often have critical information in them. It's absolutely inexcusable that my text hub acts up because one, 4-month long thread is corrupt.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-21-17 12:04 PM
    Have you tried resetting the HUB? Five short diagonal swipes from the top right corner.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-21-17 12:28 PM
    Have you tried resetting the HUB? Five short diagonal swipes from the top right corner.

Posted via CB10
    Wow I had no idea that was a feature. Thx!!

I have not had any of the issues that this fellow has described nor have I had any HUB flickering as others have had but I do appreciate finding a new feature that I did not know existed

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-21-17 12:50 PM
    Wow I had no idea that was a feature. Thx!!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's been there from the very start or shortly after if I remember correctly. CBK went nuts over it back then and made a video. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:53 PM
    I'm just SO sick of the petty bull**** problems of BlackBerry. The text messaging situation has me fired up... AGAIN. Text hub is lagging, freezing, won't send messages etc. Iphones have 5 year old text conversations with NO problems and I can't have a damn five month old text conversation without my ******** BlackBerry os going nuts. ****s for the birds. Bring on the Mercury.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    You seem to be getting seizure!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:54 PM
    I say if you haven't restarted the Hub you can't complain much yet. After that you can complain to us again if it's not working. No device is free of problems, BlackBerry included.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    02-21-17 01:31 PM
    Perhaps instead of complaining like a child you could offer more detailed information in your thread so that some who have experienced this may come to your aid and help you. BB10 is an excellent experience in the HUB and if you could resolve it you may find yourself to ba a happy Crackberrian

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 01:47 PM
    I've restarted the entire device several times. This ALSO refreshes the hub. Corrupt text messages are a very well known thing with BlackBerry, this isn't a new issue. It's one that's caused me great lengths of troubles. There's nothing more to say other than this shouldn't even be a thing, yet with BlackBerry, it's a thing.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-21-17 02:08 PM
    Do a search and see if you can find other text msg's with the same contact. Sometimes multiple conversations may cause the flickering I suspect. Perhaps a group text or something that may contain the same contact.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-21-17 02:20 PM
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I haven't experienced any of these issues whatsoever but hopefully you can get them resolved. Honestly my blackberry devices I've probably had the best luck with out of anything I've owned.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 04:00 PM
    Wait till you use android for two months. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and fr4nz like this.
    02-21-17 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this one. Never new about it. Any other things you're not telling us?lol

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 04:26 PM
    Thanks for this one. Never new about it. Any other things you're not telling us?lol

Posted via CB10
    There's probably some more... Ask and you shall receive! By the way, haven't experienced this SMS issue since 10.0... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 04:30 PM
    OP, to truly diagnose your problem, we would need more information and less ranting.

Were you on wifi and have wifi calling enabled?

Have you tried a fresh install?

Have you tried rebooting?

Have you tried @blackberryhelp on twitter or any other BlackBerry solution?

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    rarsen likes this.
    02-21-17 09:13 PM
    The thing is, I know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. One or several of my txt threads are corrupted. This is fixed by deleting said thread.

- on my old z10, the corruption was so bad I COULDNT delete the threads, I had to wipe the phone.

-symptoms of corrupt thread are laggy text hub, taking MINUTES to open conversations, clicking "send" but the sentence doesn't submit for several minutes. Typing words into the text thread but they don't show up for ~ 30 seconds (typing blindly). The text hub flashing or bouncing around.

-how to fix: delete the conversations that are corrupted. It's VERY obvious which are.

My gripe? I don't WANT to delete certain conversations because I have either critical conversations I need preserved, or personal/emotional conversations that I want saved. I shouldn't even have to WORRY about a corrupt text thread... that shouldn't be a thing. Alas, I deal with them every few months.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-22-17 09:11 AM
    Last resort than! Copy the chat and paste it in a .doc and then delete the sms. Copy the chat is easy: open the sms thread > press the three dots > copy chat > paste in a doc. Delete the thread and reload the HUB. Your problem should not occur anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 09:39 AM
    Lol, here we go again. Can't wait for mercury to come up so finally crackberry get rest from all these threads.

Posted via CB10
    Can't wait for the Mercury to come up so finally those people can move on to Android Central

Posted from my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    02-22-17 09:49 AM
    Can you not just backup the text threads using an app utility (such as SMS Backup-BBW), then delete the problem text thread from your device. You can still view the text thread through a CSV file in Excel etc on your computer or your device.
    02-22-17 09:53 AM
    Can't wait for the Mercury to come up so finally those people can move on to Android Central

Posted from my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    I'm not moving to Android Central! :lol: I might take a peek every now and then..

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 09:57 AM
    I've owned BlackBerry for ten years now. I shouldn't be plagued with corrupt text conversations every other week. You never hear of this **** on android and especially iphone. I keep my text threads because I often have critical information in them. It's absolutely inexcusable that my text hub acts up because one, 4-month long thread is corrupt.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Yeah, this happens with IOS and Android too.
    02-22-17 10:24 AM
    Last resort than! Copy the chat and paste it in a .doc and then delete the sms. Copy the chat is easy: open the sms thread > press the three dots > copy chat > paste in a doc. Delete the thread and reload the HUB. Your problem should not occur anymore.

Posted via CB10
    That's a damn good idea! Thank you!!

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-22-17 10:36 AM
    Yeah, this happens with IOS and Android too.
    You sure? My coworker, an ex apple genius, has never heard of text threads corrupting. My gf, with 4,5,6 year old chat threads has never had this. My other coworker, a huge android guy, has also never heard of this happening.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-22-17 10:39 AM
    That's a damn good idea! Thank you!!

Posted via CB10 Passport
    No problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 11:10 AM
66 123