yes! i'm so excited by tomorrow, this time, i'll have ordered my first blackberry ever, and it's a p a s s p o r t !

i don't know a thing about blackberry, all i know is that this is the phone of my dreams and imagine my ecstasy at learning that bb support will exist through 2020.

well shave my balls and call me hairy, that's all the christmas present i need. i never got to ride in a concorde and i fell asleep before the last space shuttle launch so you bet i ain't missing this. gone are the days of yore when we mused, handwritinglol?

technology goofed on the laughably outdated notion of penmanship as it swept us off our feet with its fake promises of productivity and human advancement.

the passport, a last bastion of tactilious synergy between man and machine, will be but a mere footnote towards a far grittier soup of fleshy, metallic ends.

will we match its proud salute to the gods of dexterity and aesthetic, or continue a hasty march towards getting our gourds sawed open and brainwashed by sensors so we can shave a few tenths of a second off our next order of cheesy poofs on amazon?

well good ladies and sirs of the court, i can confidently say i've found my home here, and i'm so elated that i finally came to terms with technology and found a phone with which i finally feel comfortable interacting with the world.

as i anxiously practice on my freshly printed u.s. passport all alone in this cold room in 2019, i can't be more grateful that the crackberry gods have granted me a whole year to experience my bb.
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 10-27-19 at 03:33 AM. Reason: cleaned up
    10-27-19 01:48 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

You are a bit late to the party but very welcome none the less.

If you've done your research you already know the limitations of the BB10 OS so I will just say enjoy the Passport for as long as you can it's a great phone.

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    10-27-19 07:00 AM
    If you have any questions about your Passport someone here will no doubt be able to help you out.

The first thing you should do is check that you can set up your own BBID on the phone if it's a second hand device, because if it's locked to another BBID you will have problems removing the old one if you don't have the ID and password.

The second thing you should do is check to see what OS version the phone is running and update it to the latest using an Autoloader, there are lots of threads detailing how to do this, it isn't difficult but you will need a PC to do it though.

Enjoy.

10-27-19 07:14 AM
    I miss my passport every day.
    sesp9 likes this.
    10-27-19 11:06 AM
    i don't know a thing about blackberry, all i know is that this is the phone of my dreams and imagine my ecstasy at learning that bb support will exist through 2020.
    From were are you getting “through 2020?” Into 2020, yes, but there is no indication of how far beyond January 1st that support will extend.

Could be a week, could be 6 months, could be until the end of 2021. But the smart money is on months, not years.
    10-27-19 11:58 AM
    It’s his first post. He may be pulling your legs.
    10-27-19 12:12 PM
    yes! i'm so excited by tomorrow, this time, i'll have ordered my first blackberry ever, and it's a p a s s p o r t !

well shave my balls and call me hairy, that's all the christmas present i need. i never got to ride in a concorde and i fell asleep before the last space shuttle launch so you bet i ain't missing this. gone are the days of yore when we mused, handwritinglol?

technology goofed on the laughably outdated notion of penmanship as it swept us off our feet with its fake promises of productivity and human advancement.

the passport, a last bastion of tactilious synergy between man and machine, will be but a mere footnote towards a far grittier soup of fleshy, metallic ends.

will we match its proud salute to the gods of dexterity and aesthetic, or continue a hasty march towards getting our gourds sawed open and brainwashed by sensors so we can shave a few tenths of a second off our next order of cheesy poofs on amazon?

well good ladies and sirs of the court, i can confidently say i've found my home here, and i'm so elated that i finally came to terms with technology and found a phone with which i finally feel comfortable interacting with the world.

as i anxiously practice on my freshly printed u.s. passport all alone in this cold room in 2019, i can't be more grateful that the crackberry gods have granted me a whole year to experience my bb.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

Here’s your BlackBerry commitment

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle

https://blogs.blackberry.com/en/2019...egacy-services

The obligatory commitment date is 12/31/2019 for now. Anything beyond that is purely implied but I’m not sure how legally binding or committed since there’s no specificity on what is actually defined as support or date extension. Good luck!!!!
    10-27-19 12:46 PM
    If you have any questions about your Passport someone here will no doubt be able to help you out.

The first thing you should do is check that you can set up your own BBID on the phone if it's a second hand device, because if it's locked to another BBID you will have problems removing the old one if you don't have the ID and password.

The second thing you should do is check to see what OS version the phone is running and update it to the latest using an Autoloader, there are lots of threads detailing how to do this, it isn't difficult but you will need a PC to do it though.

Enjoy.

If BbID is good, then updating to version 3.3 firmware is essential to do as it fixes some troubles and also gives you a vastly enhanced capacitive PKB and I also think upgrades to android3 runtime which remains a bit helpful for some android apps that work with it...
    10-27-19 01:54 PM
    Solid phone up to this day!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-19 05:51 PM
    It’s his first post. He may be pulling your legs.
    And only post
    11-04-19 07:55 PM