I have set custom ringtones for my wife, my brothers and one or two others, all of them different. My brother called me last week and I noticed that my Passport didn't use his ringtone, so I went into settings to see what had happened. The setting had vanished, so I re-created it using the same ringtone as I had used previously.

For some reason, my Passport will not save the changed custom setting. It tries for about a minute, with the "Saving contact settings" alert box, then this disappears and the phone reverts to the contact screen for my brother, which just shows default profile settings, nothing custom for him.

I'm using 10.3.2.2386 on my Passport. Is anyone else noticing this with the current software, or am I having a specific other problem?
    02-17-16 01:37 AM
    The "Notification" Settings "tops" the individual setting.
    I mean if you have a specific Setting as "Loud" "Silent" "Vibrating mode" then the whole thing applies.
    Try the specific sound in a "normal" setting mode.

Then, if you want to modify contact sound, scroll down in the notification setting and add a contact sound there.

You can use .mp3 /songs, too!
    02-17-16 02:51 AM
    Hi anischab:

Thanks for the answer. I've actually found out what was wrong, and I now have my ringtones back. The problem was that I was approaching this issue from the point of view of Settings | Notifications | Contact Notifications. Theoretically, you can set up a custom tone for a contact there, but that was the place where I was finding it impossible to save the changes last night. I eventually approached it from the other direction, starting at Contacts, selecting the contact I wanted to change and then Editing it, and scrolling down to the bottom and making the change at the end of that screen. That way seemed to work, whereas the first one did not.

However, I've just tried the first method again and found that it now works. I don't know what has changed, but whereas the "save" only hung the screen last night, it's now working just fine. Can't explain, but at least I have my custom tones back.

Thanks again for your help,

Nigel
    02-17-16 09:40 PM
    Thanks for the feed back. I think it has to do with the active mode. Say if it is silent or vibration only, you can't hear the sound, even if it has been properly saved... Glad you solved your issue!

Long live BB10
    02-18-16 06:06 AM